Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine recon
markyeates

posted on 30/9/03 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
engine recon

hello all
i am now over halfway into my build and its looking realy good so far and i need to get the engine reconditioned as it is a non runner and it hasnt been for some time and in dire need of attention.

i live in north lincolnshire and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any firms locally that can do it as i havent a clue

thanks in advance

regards mark

givemethebighammer

posted on 30/9/03 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
I looked into this.

Unless you are going to recondition yourself. It is probably cheaper to find another running engine.

In fact the quote I got to recondition my first non running 2.0L zetec was more than a new Zetec from Ford !!!

My second running Zetec came from a 50,000 mile auto car that had suffered a back end smash and had been written off. Cost me £250

Don't know what the situation is for Pinto and Xflow engines is, but most of my quote was labour so probably little difference !!!

[Edited on 30/9/03 by givemethebighammer]

eddie

posted on 1/10/03 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote
if you want a full donor, to plunder (especially a zetec) try googling a car salvage place such as car transplants(not your area, but hopefully you'll get the idea.....

you dont say what engine, but if you want a sierra, they go from £50 zetec fords from £3-600 just get the stuff you want and ditch the rest....

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob Lane

posted on 1/10/03 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
What engine is it ?
Peteff

posted on 1/10/03 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Buy a copy of the autotrader for your area and look in there. Usually if your engine is not obsolete there will be exchange engines available from different reconditioners.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

markyeates

posted on 1/10/03 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
oh yes i noticed i didnt say wot engine it was its a 1.3 x-flow

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.