Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone fitted pinto injection
dave1888

posted on 12/10/03 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone fitted pinto injection

Anyone fitted 2.0 injection pinto in there locost. wouldn't mind seeing some pictures to see how it looks.

[Edited on 12/10/03 by dave1888]

CairB

posted on 12/10/03 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Try Cairb & Mark Allanson for starters. Look in photos section. Also try a search theres been quite a few discussions over the years.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Colin

eddie

posted on 12/10/03 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Click HERE

for a site by some bloke who did the pinto EFi mod on a Shoddy Hood 2b, gives some useful step by step stuff (with pix), from dismantaling the injection gear off the engine, to how to lower the plenum etc etc

i have a 2.0i pinto sierra donor myself, so will be having to do the same myself at some point.....

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 12/10/03 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
i read somewhere that as the robin hood is a lardy attempt at our sleek weapons there is more room under the bonnet so what goes on a hood may not go on one of ours

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Mark Allanson

posted on 12/10/03 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Just by pure coincidence, I just finished mine today except for a good lick of paint, I and thirty odd pickies, but this one is as fitted to the car with several parts unfinished. I cut the original plenum chamber at 116mm from the manifold gasket (any greater and the hole on number 4 is 5 times as big as the others) and welded a plate of 6mm allly to the end, cut out the holes and drilled the mount holes.

I made a new plenum chamber out of 16g mild plate with a 3mm upper flange to be tappable for the cover screws. I reversed the throttle body so it comes out of the rear where there is more room and attached the idle control valve to the side of the plenum chamber with an internal pipe connecting it to the throttle body. This is going to sound like gibberish without the pickie, and questions - feel free

Mark Rescued attachment Plenum8.jpg
Rescued attachment Plenum8.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 12/10/03 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
This is the shortened intake tract Rescued attachment Plenum9.jpg
Rescued attachment Plenum9.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 12/10/03 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
...and the plenum with the top on Rescued attachment Plenum10.jpg
Rescued attachment Plenum10.jpg

Mark Allanson

posted on 12/10/03 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
eddies link looks fine for Hobbling Rudies but it will stick out of a book chassis by 3" - I know it was my first option until I measured it

dave1888

posted on 12/10/03 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mark for posting the pics. I know what im doing next weekend. Unfortunetly i am a pish welder so will have to mske all the bits and get someone to make it up for me
Mark Allanson

posted on 12/10/03 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
It took me 3 weeks of weekends to do and i used to teach welding, but if you need any more measurements, just let me know

dave1888

posted on 12/10/03 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
I will wait until i rip the thing apart a mate of mine is a welder he says ali is no problem as long as i cut everything to fit together it should be ok.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.