Board logo

Copy of Rorty's trike?
Hugh Jarce - 29/8/04 at 01:11 AM

Bombardier of Canada seem to like the looks of Rorty's trike. Yhey lodged a patent for a trike with 2 wheels at the front with the US patent office. You can see the patent on the US patent website HERE. If you click on the images button you can see the full 30 page design. You may have to download their free TIFF image viewer. Rescued attachment auto_trike_outline.jpg
Rescued attachment auto_trike_outline.jpg

Peteff - 29/8/04 at 08:21 AM

I can't see one new idea in the application. I'm going to go ahead with my new invention, the can opener

CairB - 29/8/04 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I can't see one new idea in the application. I'm going to go ahead with my new invention, the can opener

Is that the worm can opener Pete?

splitrivet - 29/8/04 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

That was handy Pete seeing as Ive just invented the can.
Cheers,
Bob

stephen_gusterson - 29/8/04 at 02:04 PM

a patent has to be something thats not obvious to someone 'skilled in the art'. It also must not be accepted practice before the patent.

It also cannot be exploited commerically before application for the patent.

I dont think there is anything patentable there.

If I remember correctly, the main claim made in a patent is listed as (1) in the claims section of the application. Be interesting to know what that is.

This looks to be just a bike with the twin wheel axle moved to the front. Not exactly a quantum leap, and as has been said, very morgan and also wasnt the mesherishmit 3 wheeler like this?

atb

steve

[Edited on 29/8/04 by stephen_gusterson]

Peteff - 29/8/04 at 05:32 PM

A U.K. kit firm did a mini based one with a backbone chassis that sat 3 people in line astern, Stimson Scorcher, in the seventies. It was front wheel drive though.