Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tilting three-wheeler.
Rorty

posted on 14/11/04 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Tilting three-wheeler.

The person who designed and built this has obviously given the tilting mechanism a lot of thought and I don't even begin to understand it all. But why, after all that effort, does he just toss the rear end of a bike into it? LINK

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 14/11/04 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Seems to have run out of ideas perhaps? Should have asked us lot.......

he forgot to use the word KISS

[Edited on 14-11-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

posted on 16/11/04 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Very strange!Put so much time, money and effort in the front design and than stick half a bike in the rear
I dont understand jack s"#t about it but the guy seems to know what he's doing or...are all those bits and pieces impressing me.

Rob Lane

posted on 23/11/04 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like he's a hydraulic based engineer or else he wouldn't have used a pendulum but accelerometer inertia sensors instead.

They can be electronically damped compared to oil damping on that pendulum.

I would suspect that at speed on a fast undulating road with a bump or two will create havoc.

The whole concept is excellent and very well engineered but I suspect he's lost his way a bit as mangroove says.

Looking at the 'hood' I would say the next project is to make that rise hydraulically.

[Edited on 23/11/04 by Rob Lane]

MikeRJ

posted on 23/11/04 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cita
Very strange!Put so much time, money and effort in the front design and than stick half a bike in the rear

I don't see why this is strange. He's saved a load of time buying and using a ready engineered and proven solution for the rear end. The whole engine and rear swing arm leans as it would on a bike, so the round section bike tyre is mandatory.

It's very clever really, note the parallel equal length wishbones on the front. He can get away with this as the front suspenion will never be in roll, only bump (if he's designed it properly anyway).

I think some kind of interlock with the steering angle would be a good idea to prevent straight bumpy roads upsetting it .

posted on 25/11/04 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I never said that he's not a clever guy i just find it a bit strange Mike.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.