Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pastor Maldonardo
plentywahalla

posted on 28/8/11 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think he's spoilt bratness, his loyalty to his team, or his colour has any relavance to the racing incidence with kobiyashi ... why bring it up?

As I said, there seems to be an anti Hamilton theme on this forum.

norfolkluego

posted on 29/8/11 at 01:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gordy
I admit i'm not a Lewis fan, i dont doubt his talent but he's known to act like a spoilt brat when things go against him and down his own team very quickly when mistakes are made, the team that bankrolled his whole career since he was a young boy, and the team he would drop in a heart beat if Red Bull had come calling, but not because hes black as a couple of guys are hinting at on here

So Alonso doesn't (quite happy to risk the very existence of the team who pay him), Webber doesn't (ignores team orders even when legal), Vettel (quite happy to give the mental sign to a team mate when he'd caused the accident) doesn't, all of them don't.
I seem to remember that Button, under contract to Honda, decided he wanted to drive for Williams, then suddenly decided he wanted to stay with Honda despite signing a contract with Williams.

Why is it always Hamilton who's that 'spoiled brat', explain to me how are the others so different

[Edited on 29/8/11 by norfolkluego]

britishtrident

posted on 29/8/11 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
There does seem to be a strong anti Hamilton theme on here. I would make a few observations:

1) Hamilton did not make a definate move to the left. He was maintaining a straight line to the best turning point for the corner.

2) There is no possible advantage for Kobiyashi to have an outside overlap before the corner.

3) It is far easier for the following car to judge whether there is an overlap.

4) There is a general rule that it is the overtaking car that has the primary responsibility to avoid contact unless under a yellow flag.

I may be a bit rusty on the rules as it is about 30 years since I took to the track, but I think it was very generous of Hamilton to accept some responsibility for the incident. It shows that he is maturing as a driver.

Exactly the way I see it, everybody seems to forget Kobiyashi has a death or glory attitude that makes Harakiri look like a logical course of action a fact that Hamilton should have taken into account.

[Edited on 29/8/11 by britishtrident]

Gordy

posted on 29/8/11 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
I don't think he's spoilt bratness, his loyalty to his team, or his colour has any relavance to the racing incidence with kobiyashi ... why bring it up?

As I said, there seems to be an anti Hamilton theme on this forum.
I bring it up because you mentioned the anti Hamilton theme going on, and 'somebody' mentioned because he's 'different' from the other drivers, hinting that people that dont like Hamilton must dislike him because of his colour which i took offence to, please read earlier posts then you might understand why i 'brought it up'.

karlak

posted on 29/8/11 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hamilton has actually admitted the crash was his fault now. Hard to dispute the TV evidence that he did drift slightly left before the right hander.

But at least he acknowledged he was at fault and should have left more room.

It did appear that the both Hamilton and Button were woefully slow compared to others on the long straight, even with slip stream and DRS, they only just seemed to get the job done. Perhaps that didnt help in this case, as I am sure that Hamilton was being caught by time he was approaching the corner, not an excuse, just an observation really - Perhaps edging their bets for a wet race set-up.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Neville Jones

posted on 29/8/11 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Everyone seems tohave forgotten Schumacher.

He started the overly agressive driving style.

Remember, he has openly admitted that two of his F1 titles belonged to Damon Hill, and he(schumacher) only got the titles by ramming Damon.

Think about it.

Cheers,
Nev.

plentywahalla

posted on 29/8/11 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Apologies to Gordy ... I misunderstood his point.

Anybody criticising Hamilton needs to view the clip frame by frame. Shortly before the corner Kobiyashi's nearside front wheel is running along the edge of the kerb. At the point of contact his nsf is a good 2 to 3 feet from the kerb. Also you can clearly see his front wheels are angled toward Hamiltons car.

Kobyashi swerved into contact with Hamilton. Had he held his line there would have been no contact as Hamilton was looking to the apex and about to start his turn. If necessary he should have put a wheel on the kerb rather than hit Hamilton.

Ultimately contact between the cars was entirely under Kobyashi's control. He put himself into a completely pointless position of an outside overlap on a corner where the racing line does not allow for two cars, and then when he could have held his line and avoided contact he turned into Hamilton.

Hamilton may not be the most admired personality in the sport, but that shouldn't be used to prejudge race incidents like this.

Johneturbo

posted on 29/8/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
I do find it strange that anyone could dislike someone for coming into F1 and wanting to win/be successful ,after all he had won the 2005 F3 title with 15 wins out of 20 and then won the GP2 title in 2006

fair play to him for believing in his talent, infact hammy fighting againt his then reigning world champion team mate made me repsect the guy even more. how many rookies would have done that!?. or just been happy to be in F1 and play number 2.

rusty nuts

posted on 29/8/11 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
If Hamilton never attempted any overtaking then people would say he is a boring driver , when he doe's overtake he is slagged off. He is a far better driver than all of the people on here slagging him off as he has proved, by winning an F1 championship IMHO
mrwibble

posted on 29/8/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
well the topics gone well past the title now, but my 2 penith worth is that in the kobyashi vs hamilton incident, no one seems to of observed the fact that kobyashi had no chance whatsoever of maintaining a lead on hamilton, the whole maneuver seems pointless other than a quick up yours to LH if successful before being inevitably passed.
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.