new reverse trike

any body seen this on ebay

Reverse Trike 250cc (1 of 2 available) | eBay

Slimy38

posted on 26/4/13 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
They look really good...

But a bit of digging suggests a Chinese manufacturer;

trikes

If they're anything like the Chinese mopeds you find on Ebay they will last about a week before falling apart. And at 5K it's not the disposable money that most people can spend on mopeds.

Edit: Looks like he might be looking to make a decent profit considering the list price;

Alibaba

[Edited on 26/4/13 by Slimy38]

v8kid

posted on 26/4/13 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
That's the FOB price he has still to get them here and clear customs - on the face of it he is making a loss unless he negociated a better deal

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 26/4/13 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
"I am a private seller so I am not in a postion to offer a warranty with these items."

So, no worries there then.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

designer

posted on 27/4/13 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
I like how they are displayed as - 'brilliant', 'cool' 'radically awesome' and 'amazing'.

I have seen these at an importer in Germany, they are awful and cost nowhere near the money he is asking!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 27/4/13 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
They look really good...

How far did you have to dig ? I read "Manufacturer Zhenhua" in the listing and it gave me a clue straight away Powered by the Zongshen water cooled 250cc single engine only went on to reinforce my suspicions.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Slimy38

posted on 27/4/13 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
They look really good...

How far did you have to dig ? I read "Manufacturer Zhenhua" in the listing and it gave me a clue straight away Powered by the Zongshen water cooled 250cc single engine only went on to reinforce my suspicions.

Ah, missed the manufacturer bit! I've seen that Zongshen engine used elsewhere though, so I wasn't 100%.

Dangle_kt

posted on 27/4/13 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
That motor will make a claimed 16bhp...
Minicooper

posted on 27/4/13 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think at least they look pretty good, most trikes designs are appalling, take a look at the morgan for a prime example, hideous

Cheers
David

The Venom Project

posted on 4/6/13 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Steer clear of anything this cheap and made in China, terrible quality, looks okay, but I had a Quadzilla 500cc Buggy, it was shite, the engine had done 190 miles and was shagged, CVT gearbox should have been fine, but was dreadful, Welding was dangerous, was atrocious to drive. I paid £4000 for it almost new, it lost £1000 in 3 weeks.

Chinese stuff is very rarely supported by any motorbike importer in the UK, I couldn't even get common sense from Quadzilla the UK importer for what was essentially a Kandi chinese poo heap :-)

oooooo 74 MPH

Mine does 74 MPH in first gear

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

scootz

posted on 4/6/13 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
I think at least they look pretty good, most trikes designs are appalling, take a look at the morgan for a prime example, hideous

Cheers
David

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 4/6/13 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
... and I think the purchaser of these abominations is trying to cut his loses as I see they're for sale as a job-lot now!

It's Evolution Baby!

sdh2903

posted on 4/6/13 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Cheers
David

Hideous? I think they are lovely

designer

posted on 4/6/13 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Not too sure about the red one in the photo, but in the flesh the Morgan is a stunner.
scootz

posted on 4/6/13 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote

I agree! I think SDH could have picked a better example of the breed, but yes... they are the dogs!

It's Evolution Baby!

nick205

posted on 4/6/13 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:

Cheers
David

Hideous? I think they are lovely

Me too, I'd happily have one and enjoy driving it. Looked like a hoot when Hammond had it sideways on TG a while back.

The Venom Project

posted on 4/6/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I think its got nice lines, its not my cup of tea really, but its defo not hideous. What is hideous is a reverse trike trying to be something its not, a chinese low powered death trap already built and ready to go, its Awesome....hmmmmmmmm Nah, will stick to my TR1KE, that's awesome to drive, but its not all about speed for me, 50% of my enjoyment is other people admiring it. The chinese thing looks fast but isnt.....

The only bonus is it has a reverse, my Quadzilla had a reverse, it was still a bag of spanners.

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.