Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who wants a brand new 3.14:1 Sierra diff
Dan.

posted on 12/5/14 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Who wants a brand new 3.14:1 Sierra diff

Hi guys,
Just putting the feelers out who would be interested in brand new 3.14:1 ratio crown and pinion gears for their 7" Sierra diff? I'm enquiring about having some made and obviously the more potentially interested the cheaper they will be to produce. I'm waiting for quotes from several manufacturers, I'm not expecting it to be cheap so if you would be interested please post below and how much you would deem to be a reasonable cost, if I go ahead I will not make a profit and will supply at cost price just need to know what people are willing to pay and the numbers involved to work out if it's viable, I'd prefer not to end up with 20 spare crown and pinion a and a big hole in my savings.
Cheers guys

[Edited on 12/5/14 by Dan.]

HowardB

posted on 12/5/14 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
not sure, can't decide if my diff is worn, it is making a worn out noise,.

I need to check the ratio first,..

Do you have an estimated cost?

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

Dan.

posted on 12/5/14 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Not yet only sent off the emails today, hopefully in the next couple of days I will have some estimates, one company has got back to me but wants me to provide a ring and pinion for them before they will quote/estimate so if the other companies want the same it could take a little longer.
Early days yet.... Surprised this thread hasn't sparked more interest to be honest I thought there would be a fair bit of demand from the larger engined BEC owners.

I'd be checking the diff oil in yours and have the backlash checked could be adjusted too tight, worth checking sooner rather than later if it is one of the rarer ratios.

loggyboy

posted on 12/5/14 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dan.
Not yet only sent off the emails today, hopefully in the next couple of days I will have some estimates, one company has got back to me but wants me to provide a ring and pinion for them before they will quote/estimate so if the other companies want the same it could take a little longer.
Early days yet.... Surprised this thread hasn't sparked more interest to be honest I thought there would be a fair bit of demand from the larger engined BEC owners.

I'd be checking the diff oil in yours and have the backlash checked could be adjusted too tight, worth checking sooner rather than later if it is one of the rarer ratios.

I suspect most are waiting for figures, I cant imagine them being far short of 4 figures each for such a bespoke and short production. Which makes the £300 ebay prices look cheap. Please correct me if im way out.

Mistral Motorsport

Dan.

posted on 12/5/14 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
That may well be correct no harm in trying, I've asked for quotes of various quantities, given the current lack of interest I think you are probably correct though...let's see what they come bank with, obviously I'd expect it's likely to be more than £300 eBay prices but will be brand new and not worn, if we are talking the think end if £1000 then eBay diffs will be worth the punt, if somewhere middle ground id like something new.
mark chandler

posted on 12/5/14 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Not forgetting the freelander alternatives which for £1000 you could fit out as an LSD

I think you are wise not to speculate, only 10% of interest may turn into sales.

The Black Flash

posted on 12/5/14 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking for one actually, as my gearing is a little shorter than I'd like. So I'll be interested to hear a price as I haven't seen any come up over the last few months of looking.
Dan.

posted on 14/5/14 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Well first quote is back, Does not make for good reading unless ordering 10+
1 x £1800 Each + VAT
5 x £700 Each + VAT
10 x £475 Each + VAT
20 £340 Each + VAT
16-20 Week Lead time from Guest Gear Services

Further updates to follow when quotes from other suppliers return.

[Edited on 14/5/14 by Dan.]

loggyboy

posted on 14/5/14 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thats more reasoable that I thought (for the higher quantities anyway)

Mistral Motorsport

atomic

posted on 24/5/14 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
While I can understand you wanting a new CWP it's just not really worth the cost to have them made in such low volumes. Money would be better spent getting a remanufactured set from Quaife or Raceline and sending it off for either Superfinishing or CWP treatment.

Have you spoken to Bara to see if they have any unused CWP's in that ratio left?
http://www.baramotorsports.com

[Edited on 24/5/14 by atomic]

hkp57

posted on 24/5/14 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
I would be interested if a reasonable cost, bearing in mind raceline want 300 +vat for a used CWP

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

HowardB

posted on 24/5/14 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by atomic
While I can understand you wanting a new CWP it's just not really worth the cost to have them made in such low volumes. Money would be better spent getting a remanufactured set from Quaife or Raceline and sending it off for either Superfinishing or CWP treatment.

Have you spoken to Bara to see if they have any unused CWP's in that ratio left?
http://www.baramotorsports.com

[Edited on 24/5/14 by atomic]

worth a read Lorem ipsum

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.