Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa engine rear mounted
Adam

posted on 9/8/14 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa engine rear mounted

Just wondering if anyone will be able to give me some technical guidance on a kit car I'm building. I'm building a MEV kit car. Similar to the TR1ke but with a hayabusa in it. Basically the engine is sat in the back. Everything seems pretty straight forward except the cooling and the oil cooler. These are both being mounted at the front for maximum air flow.

First off, the radiator. Do you think a standard polo rad will do or do I need something a bit bigger? Plus do you think I need an additional pump to pump the water round?
Last off same kinda applies to the oil cooler, what size do you recommend and also do I need an additional pump?

Thanks for any advice and guidance in advance

Cheers

Adam

minitici

posted on 9/8/14 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing that you are in Nottingham - why not go round and speak to RoadTrackRace who manufacture Mevabusa cars and TR1ke trikes?

[Edited on 9/8/14 by minitici]

Adam

posted on 10/8/14 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
The reason being is I'm not 100% sure they know. A few mevabusa's have been built and a few are struggling with cooling. Then the mevabusa has space at the back to mount the oil cooler where mine is a trike so to speak so space is limited at the back so mine is the first of its kind. They say just mount it at the front but just wanted opinions on the pump side of things.

Thanks

Adam

daniel mason

posted on 10/8/14 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
On my radical my rad and cooler are mounted either side of engine at the rear end of the side pods! Never had an issue with either water or oil temps! But my cooler is quite large and the rad is a race item!

Adam

posted on 10/8/14 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply. My issue is space. I don't think there's enough room to mount the cooler at the back

Cheers

Adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.