Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tubular wishbone bushes
IanSouthLincs

posted on 2/9/14 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Tubular wishbone bushes

Guys, I'm in the process of removing all my front wishbone bushes as they're fecked. I've bought poly bushes to replace them with, though I'm slightly confused with the configuration of the originals, I was fully expecting to have to remove the inner steel tube, the rubber centre part and the outer steel ring of the bushes. However it looks to me like the outer ring might want to stay in place due to the flange on the outer edge. Pictures are the lower wishbone with the original still in place and the upper wishbone with the inner sleeve and rubber section removed, shown from both sides. The new poly bushes also have a flat part that will fit snugly up against the steel flange and are exactly the right size to fit with the outer ring/flange still in place. If anyone has seen these before I'd really appreciate some advice as it's not quite what I was expecting!
Cheers
Ian

IanSouthLincs

posted on 3/9/14 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
No worries guys, got it sorted, the outer steel ring stays in with the flange to the outer. I'll carry on paint stripping now!
mark chandler

posted on 3/9/14 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I,ve seen similar bushes before, you press in the outer with a bonded bush so suggest you put a hacksaw through the sleeve and knock out.

It all depends on the size of the poly bushes you have purchased, these need to be a good fit not forced in before the centre stainless tube is inserted so if they work With the hole you have I would cut off the rounded bit flush with the bone and leave in place.

IanSouthLincs

posted on 3/9/14 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Great thanks Mark, that's pretty much what I've arrived at, I cut out the sleeve with a jigsaw though went at it fairly fierce as I was expecting the outer ring to be removed in it's entirety. Might go a little more carefully with the rest!!
Really appreciate your advice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.