Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA registration requirements
russbost

posted on 25/6/15 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA registration requirements

A recent post re IVA Link mentions a new address for sending docs off to DVLA after IVA test:-

Kits & Rebuilds (K&R) Team
D4 EAST
DVLA
SWANSEA
SA99 1ZZ

What else has changed with regard to registration now the DVLA has closed (all?) local offices?

I assume the daft & unnecessary inspection has gone, so is it just a case of submitting documents V55/5 & V627/1 to the above address & wait for reg to come through? Anyone done one recently & if so what sort of wait time? Does V55/5 give details of registration charges & is it available online yet? (I know it wasn't last time I checked)

Thanks for any info, a customer has just got IVA pass on his Furore today & I want to give best advice re registering!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

posted on 25/6/15 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Apart from longer brake lines on the back and one of those stickers beside the fluid res……

The best thing I did, purely by accident, was that my first contact with the DVLA was by phone.
I was asking for a chassis number, I think back in November, and I spoke to Danielle. When the number arrived
I then had her desk address and telephone number. All subsequent calls and letters all were dealt with by her rather
than a different person or department each time.
I made several calls to ask advice and each time got the answer I needed. The whole thing from chassis number to
reg plate could not have run smoother and this is IMHO because I dealt with just one person. She was an angel.

HTH

Paul G

kingster996

posted on 25/6/15 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
No inspection is needed now.

But the DVLA have got a bee in their bonnet about receipts it seems.

So, if going for a new reg, make sure all receipts are there for the new bits and a receipt plus declaration of the one "reconditioned to as new" component.

If an age related, then the V5 off the donor and put the reg on the Built up Vehicle Report.

If a Q, you really only need receipts for major bits and for god sake don't let them tell you to grind off your factory stamped chassis numbers - they seem to have this totally wrong and took a lot of arguing to stop that one for me!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

kingster996

posted on 25/6/15 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Oh as for time - it was about a month from sending off to getting a reg for me - and I sent mine to the address on the form (silly me). But others have had it back in a week. So it all depends on the lovely people in Swansea.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

russbost

posted on 26/6/15 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info guys, if anyone has anything to add, please do!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Adam

posted on 26/6/15 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
As above, make sure it goes to that address. Took about a month for mine. If your are going for a new reg you need a letter from the manufactures about newness. Also i had my engine reconditioned but my receipt said refurbished. I had to get the garage to contact the dvla to confirm it had been reconditioned..... refurbished was not acceptable. I sent all my receipts off and just received them all back today. Just give them as much info as possible. Reg fee is £55 plus what ever road tax fee you car is. I managed to get a 15 plate so all good in the end but it was a hassle dealing with them. good Luck

Cheers

Adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.