Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa Clutch Bleeding problem
Adam

posted on 1/7/15 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa Clutch Bleeding problem

Hi All

After some advice with regards to my clutch. I've built a kit car with a busa engine in. I have a reservoir pot that serves both the brakes and the clutch. The clutch master cylinder is actually the busa rear brake master cylinder from the bike. From here i have braided hose to the engine slave cylinder.

My issue was i noticed the car creeping when in gear and my foot on the clutch. Straight away to me that means more than likely there's air in the system, so set about bleeding the system again. This time im using a one way valve set up, you put it on the bleed nipple, release is and then pump the pedal till all the air is out. Problem is the air keeps coming! spen about two hours on it and it still keeps coming. heres a link of the tube after pumping the pedal a few times and stopping.

you tube vid of air

im not loosing fluid so there's no leaks, just can't see where all the air is coming from? any ideas.

Cheers in advance

Adam

[Edited on 1/7/15 by Adam]

Daverog

posted on 1/7/15 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Had a similar situation with a Rover 200. We could not bleed the brakes, despite several hours of trying. The solution in the end was to change the Master Cylinder, which was new but faulty. What was happening was that on releasing the pedal air was being pulled in around the piston seal instead of oil from the reservoir.
adithorp

posted on 1/7/15 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
When using that sort of bleed pipe, it's best to close the bleed nipple for the pedal return on the last coule of presses as they do tend to suck air in past the nipple threads.

Are you sure it's not over-throwing the clutch? That will cause drag. Have you tried not pushing the clutch all the way to the floor? It's not uncommon on BUSA installs and a pedal stop is the answer.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Adam

posted on 1/7/15 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
sorry for my dumbness but what exactly do you mean by over throw? i have it set up so it goes all the way in...so to speak

cheers

Adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.