Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alternative wishbones
IanSouthLincs

posted on 28/9/15 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Alternative wishbones

Has anyone ever converted front wishbone mounting points to accommodate pre-made wishbones of another manufacturer? I'm considering this as I'm restoring an old T&J Hornet, got all wishbones removed, near side ones stripped and painted with new polybushes and balljoints. Removed off side ones, bottom balljoint removed no issue but top one absolutely refused to budge. Soaked in WD40 for 24 hrs and made no difference, then dunked in a bath of diesel for 36 hours, still no difference. Got a 5' bar on it and still no movement, so finally heated up the outer thread casing and tried again. Threads moved about 5mm but I've actually twisted the wishbone itself so it's mullered and can't go back on. I'm considering the path of least resistance really, take the good top bone to an engineering shop and get them to make a new pair, or buy a complete set and adjust the mount points to suit. Budget I'm afraid is a serious consideration here as I've been out of work for a month and start my new job on Thursday, so will be another month before my first pay :-(

[Edited on 28/9/15 by IanSouthLincs]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.