Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick few questions..
Cluelesstom

posted on 17/9/18 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Quick few questions..

Hello, after having a play this evening fitting my calipers, is it okay to swap the inlet and the bleed nipple over as I’m unsure which is which and just used the cleaner face for the banjo fitting,

Also after removing the tunnel cover, found a rubber joint in between the prop and gearbox, should I use this with my bec build or just buy the prop with one,
Unsure if I could use it to be honest, plan on using a premade two piece prop, also do bailey Morris limited make a prop with a shock reducer thing :S. Sorry can’t think of the proper name.

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/9/18 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
I have noticed in general the drillings for both inlet and the bleed screw is the same and seem interchangeable. Usually you'd put the bleed screw at the top. What you show in the picture looks fine, why are you considering changing things?

As for the rubber coupling, depends on its condition and if you can get a replacement in the future

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 18/9/18 at 01:17 AM Reply With Quote
Bin the rubber prop Sierra bit. You new prop with have torque tube aka shock reducer thingy. Bailey did mine for my Avon with 919 engine was great. Just be careful on angles from prop adaptor to the diff. Eg not straight and not more than 5 degree angles between joints they advised.

If you haven't yet try make a removable cradle for the engine that way you can lift in and out with two people easy enough. Don't have a fixed top end it will make your life hell later on.

I had a cradle top for mine and fixed bottom mounts and I replaced the engine in under 2 hours with just me and a mate.

Good luck

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cluelesstom

posted on 18/9/18 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks jossey, I was planning on selling all my running gear, was just unsure whether I should keep it or not.

And for the calipers in the picture I’ve actually changed them around swapping o/s to n/s because the handbrake cable wouldn’t have it, the nipples are now underneath but I’ll take the calipers off to bleed it, I changed the inlets over as one face was more pitted and wouldn’t seal on the banjo washer

B33fy

posted on 18/9/18 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
If the calipers can swap from side to side, that’ll put your nipples the right way up with the good faces for the banjos.
Cluelesstom

posted on 18/9/18 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Only problem then is that the handbrake cable won’t reach at the awkward angle, don’t have a problem bleeding them off the car, just wanted to be sure I could use either port.
Thanks again.

nick205

posted on 18/9/18 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
MK Engineering modified (shortened) my Sierra propshaft to suit the Indy. The rubber doughnut item disappeared!

Didn't miss it one bit myself - the cars are more noisey than their donor cars anyway!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.