Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Silvertop windage bolt / stud
Regan_M

posted on 27/12/18 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Silvertop windage bolt / stud

Hi Guys,

Dont suppose any one has a main bearing cap bolt with stud that is used to hold the sump windage tray on silver top zetec?

I am after just one.

Or if you know where I could source one new please let me know

Thanks,
Matt

big_wasa

posted on 27/12/18 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
If it’s just one for the pick up pipe look up Neil Dunne, he does them new.
Regan_M

posted on 27/12/18 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
If it’s just one for the pick up pipe look up Neil Dunne, he does them new.

I bought the sump from Neil Dunne but was advised to use the original bolt (which I don’t have).

I will ask him

Thanks.

big_wasa

posted on 28/12/18 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
The one he sells is for a black top and has the 20mm spacer built in. It won't work on a silver top.

Is yours a black or silver top ?

Regan_M

posted on 28/12/18 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
The one he sells is for a black top and has the 20mm spacer built in. It won't work on a silver top.

Is yours a black or silver top ?

I have a Silvertop

big_wasa

posted on 29/12/18 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh have you cut the windage tray suds off then ?
Regan_M

posted on 29/12/18 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Ahhh have you cut the windage tray suds off then ?

Exactly that lol. Well I bought a new engine and gone to fit a new sump where I require one of those bolts with a stud on to mount the pick up pipe too and they have all been cut off as the engine previously had a Scholar sump fitted.

I’ve been having a bit of a sump dilemma, when to buy a Raceline sump from a forum member but then realised it was for a inlet side starter motor position and I require a sump that accommodates exhaust side starter motor so could have that.

Then bought another after market sump that I have had figment issues with and now I’m thinking I should just buy a new Raceline sump with correct starter motor figment and be done with it, fed up of messing about lol

Matt

big_wasa

posted on 29/12/18 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yep it’s the one thing I’ve spent some cash on this time. Gbs / kitspares was the best price on my Blacktop sump.

Your still going to have issues as the silvertop kit uses the windage tray you havnt got and all four bolts.
The blacktop kit comes with a tray that mounts to the sump but will it clear your bearing caps ?

Regan_M

posted on 29/12/18 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yep it’s the one thing I’ve spent some cash on this time. Gbs / kitspares was the best price on my Blacktop sump.

Your still going to have issues as the silvertop kit uses the windage tray you havnt got and all four bolts.
The blacktop kit comes with a tray that mounts to the sump but will it clear your bearing caps ?

I’ve got another 2.0 silvertop that has the windage tray and four mounting studs I just didn’t want to break it up.

This sump business dreams more hassle than worth. I have been thinking of going down the Scholar route also but I haven’t got a standard sump to give in exchange so I’d have to buy one......: never ends

big_wasa

posted on 29/12/18 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I had a scholar sump last time. Very good. I’ve also made my own.

What happened to the Neil Dunne sump ?

Yep I am half way through a turbo conversion and I am now thinking why didn’t I just bung some bike carbs on it.

Regan_M

posted on 29/12/18 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Neil Dunne sump didn’t fit, the holes in the sump didn’t quite align properly with those on the block. In all fairness it was beautifully made and you could see a lot of thought had gone into its construction but it didn’t fit, Neil was excellent overt the phone asking me to provide various info but to no avail so I have returned it.

It was strange as Neil advised he has made 100’s on the same JIG with no issues but something wasn’t right, he has offered to make a replacement but if he can’t identify an issue with the one which is on its way back to him there is little point sending me a replacement.

Thinking I should just buy a ally one. My old engine has a homemade modified standard ally sump which has served me well but only holds 3.5l of oil and with having a new engine and planning to do track days next year I really need a proper sump.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.