Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lo-T3K
conceptzrqt

posted on 2/5/06 at 03:53 AM Reply With Quote
Lo-T3K

I have put into motion an idea of an easy to build easy to change and easy to drive 3wheeler. I am putting everything out for all to see. I am currently at...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lo-T3k/

You have to join to get any place like photos but it doesnt cost anything. So far I have less than 15hrs and I am moving right along. I have had the forum up for only 10 official days. I will post more later.

Seeya!
Todd

[Edited on 2/5/06 by conceptzrqt]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
conceptzrqt

posted on 2/5/06 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Lo-T3K

Here is a little back ground now that I have a little time to cover it.
I want to build something that can have different donor parts and be easily changed to just about anything. I am currently using a CBR1000 motorcycle motor for my Lo-T3K...and the name says it all. I am trying to have everything open source or to at the very least be home built parts. I dont want anything to be a high dollar high tech custom piece. So far everything has been built at my home. I dont have a garage or a shed to put things in. I work out in the weather, if it rains I dont work. I have to get things out and put things away everytime I do anything. It doesnt bother me, it shows that you dont need a ton of money to have fun...Lo-T3K, get it?!

Lo-T3K will be able to have anything from a inline 4cyl to a V-twin to a single cyl. The wheel base will be around 80" to 100"; those with a longer wheel base will have some storage or possibly an area for a second seat for the once in a while passenger. The width and track will depend on the motor and driver, but I am seeing 55" up to 70" if one wants. The motor will set next to the driver to help balance the side to side weight, the drivetrain is running throught 2 chains with a jackshaft. It will end up with a single sided swingarm. When all is said and done; bodies should be easy to build and easy to remove. You could have different colors, different styles, or even a top. The body pieces should be easy to build and swap around.
So far all is going well if the rain would stop. I am less than 15 hrs (and less than $400; not including tires/wheels and motor) into the build. Most of the chassis is done, the front arms are almost done, the shock placement has been determined and I am just collecting parts so I can move onto the rear end.

I hope everyone enjoys a new build...I am.

Seeya!
Todd

[Edited on 2/5/06 by conceptzrqt]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
emsfactory

posted on 2/5/06 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Does lo-T3K mean it costs a loT at 3 grand?
conceptzrqt

posted on 2/5/06 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing high tech about this build, just low tech (Lo-T3K). I just turned the E around to a 3, as in 3wheeler not a 4wheeled car.
I hope to be under $3000 when its all finished.

Its just a play on words for me to have a little more fun.

emsfactory

posted on 2/5/06 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
AHHHHHhhhhhhhhh. Now I get it.
Just wanted to make absolutley double sure.

conceptzrqt

posted on 8/5/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I have updated some photos of Lo-T3K, if anyone cares to see.

http://community.webshots.com/album/399455859nFRiJV

Thanks,
Todd

Mave

posted on 25/7/06 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good for a start. The concept reminds me of http://www.sub3wheeler.com/index.php, which is not meant as criticism! I like the sub3wheeler's styling, detailing and concept a lot (except maybe the skinny tires). If you end up with a locost alternative, I'm sure there are a lot of people interested in drawings.

One question though; why is the chassis so high in the front? It makes the car look "heavy" and boxy.

Well, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Marcel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.