Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: avon build pics
soggy 3

posted on 9/10/06 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
avon build pics

I just found www.tigersportscars.nl dont know how i missed it before,there is a good picture build of an avon.
Avoneer

posted on 9/10/06 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
Yep.

I just love how much work they had to do with the body - look at all that filling where the flashlines were.

Also, just check out the perfect symetry of the opening pic (and no, it's not the camera or pic taker):

Pat... Rescued attachment Avon_neus_02.jpg
Rescued attachment Avon_neus_02.jpg

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Avoneer

posted on 9/10/06 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Ooops, did I forget to mention the front shocks that Tiger are still supplying too short and rest on the bump stops at normal ride height?

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
t.j.

posted on 9/10/06 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Yep.

I just love how much work they had to do with the body - look at all that filling where the flashlines were.

Also, just check out the perfect symetry of the opening pic (and no, it's not the camera or pic taker):

Pat...

The Netherlands are just between German perfection and beautiful English design.

DaveFJ

posted on 10/10/06 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
It's quite interesting what he did to extend the drivers footwell for the pedals though.......

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Lightning

posted on 10/10/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Its got wider wishbones but the shocks are half way along the lower bone. Maximum bending. When I extended mine I put in longer shocks that terminated at the hub. I hope those one dont break!!!!

Steve

Northy

posted on 17/10/06 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Lighning, have you still got details of your wider wishbones?

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Northy

posted on 17/10/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Ooops, did I forget to mention the front shocks that Tiger are still supplying too short and rest on the bump stops at normal ride height?

Pat...

Don't you mean too long Pat?

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Lightning

posted on 27/11/06 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Northy....

The jig that we made up is now with a builder at "The engine shop" in Torquay. He is going to make some for his car. When he is done with it you could have a lend I dare say.

Steve

Steve

Northy

posted on 27/11/06 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Steve, that would be great if it was possible.

Cheers,

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.