Board logo

Master Cyl
Rob James - 13/1/05 at 02:25 PM

I have inherited a master cyl which has three pipe outlets I am told its from a sierra any help please, otherwise what duel master cyl did you use???
Anyone used sierra pedal box if so, HELP please u2u...cheers Rob

James - 13/1/05 at 02:57 PM

I used 3 outlet one.

Front to to front wheels. Rear outlet to rears via a Fiat Uno bias valve.

HTH,
James

tom_loughlin - 13/1/05 at 04:18 PM

mine is a 3 outlet as well, same as james, but used a sierra inertia switch in the rear line.

Mark Allanson - 13/1/05 at 08:04 PM

exactly the same as James Rescued attachment BrakePedals&Cylinder.JPG
Rescued attachment BrakePedals&Cylinder.JPG

Alfalfameister - 13/1/05 at 11:24 PM

With all the [great] pics that Mark has, someone should give him a website....

... and also compile all his posts -- makes for a great "build diary"...

Mark Allanson - 13/1/05 at 11:33 PM

My son designs websites, he keeps nagging me as well - it will come - I promise

JohanP - 14/1/05 at 07:58 AM

I'm planning the same setup as Mark and James but I have a question on the Fiat bias valve. I got it from a scrapped Uno and I think it's stuck. How much movement is there supposed to be when you tighten the adjustment screw to press the piston down? Mine doesn't seem to move at all.

/Johan

Dick Axtell - 14/1/05 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tom_loughlin
mine is a 3 outlet as well, same as james, but used a sierra inertia switch in the rear line.

Tom -
Friendly advice - ditch this "inrtia Valve". It has a very erratic behaviour. Meaning - the valve's "switch" point, supposedly a predetermined level of decel, can vary considerably.
Theory's fine - reality ain't.

Fiesta PCRV (screwed into mcly outlet) is pretty good.
BOL

James - 14/1/05 at 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JohanP
I'm planning the same setup as Mark and James but I have a question on the Fiat bias valve. I got it from a scrapped Uno and I think it's stuck. How much movement is there supposed to be when you tighten the adjustment screw to press the piston down? Mine doesn't seem to move at all.

/Johan

It shouldn't move at all- I hope you haven't knackered it!

It stays down in normal (non-braked) operation. When the brakes are applied it moves up. The amount you restrict it's upwards movement is the adjustability!

Hope that helps,
James

JohanP - 14/1/05 at 12:36 PM

Thanks James!

Right now I'm glad I posted the question before I tried to use more than hand force to press it down!

Is there an easy way to see if the valve is working before I install it?

/Johan

Marcus - 14/1/05 at 08:41 PM

Tom
Inertia valve may cause problems at SVA.
It applies less force to the rear brakes whe decelerating hard. On the rollers there's no deceleration, so no effect from inertia valve leadind to possible fail due to over braking on the rear.

Marcus