Board logo

GTS still trading?
AdamR - 7/5/09 at 09:50 AM

Anyone know if GTS are still trading? I'm after an up-to-date phone number/email address for Darren as the contact details on the website are out of date.

Ta

adam1985 - 7/5/09 at 09:52 AM

i emailed them last week with them details and he got straight back to me

AdamR - 7/5/09 at 09:55 AM

Yeah, I just got a response within 10 minutes, just after posting. But the phone number doesn't appear to be working - perhaps he's just got it switched off.

[Edited on 7/5/09 by AdamR]

tegwin - 7/5/09 at 10:09 AM

Anyone have any idea how he was getting on with his GT40 replica? It looked quite interesting the last time I saw any details on it!

Mr Whippy - 7/5/09 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Anyone have any idea how he was getting on with his GT40 replica? It looked quite interesting the last time I saw any details on it!

been no update for quite a while on his website

eddie99 - 7/5/09 at 10:28 AM

U2u me for a new working number for darren

thunderace - 7/5/09 at 03:57 PM

gts still trading

was hoping he was in jail for riping people off darren.

yes i was a victim

flak monkey - 7/5/09 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

When I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago they were putting finishing touches to the bodywork and nearly had a completed car.

eddie99 - 8/5/09 at 02:41 PM

About the GT40, he is supposedly nearly finished and has a few orders already for it to be delivered very soon.

DM - 8/5/09 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
gts still trading

yes i was a victim

I do find it shocking that he is still allowed to trade. Yes, he ripped me off as well.

I sincerely hope it all catches up with him one day.

prawnabie - 8/5/09 at 09:56 PM

My names shaun and I was a victim too....

jeffw - 9/5/09 at 07:01 AM

A friend of mine tried to send the bailiffs round but he had moved (again) and it would require more money spent at the courts to send them round to the new address.

I'm shocked that trading standards can't shut him down ( I assume you've all complained to trading standards and taken him through the courts ?)

oudakontrol - 9/5/09 at 10:56 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by thunderace
gts still trading

yes i was a victim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do find it shocking that he is still allowed to trade. Yes, he ripped me off as well.

I sincerely hope it all catches up with him one day.

Its amazing how someone can keep shafting people and get away with it in your country. I will hopefully have some good news for me anyway shortly so stay tuned get your pop corn as I will let the whole world know...

Someone did tell me never trust a man with two first names ! ! !

oudakontrol - 9/5/09 at 10:58 AM

quote:

About the GT40, he is supposedly nearly finished and has a few orders already for it to be delivered very soon.

You may pay the money but they won't be delivered very soon !

eddie99 - 9/5/09 at 04:30 PM

Darren hasnt moved recently at all, hes still near Canterbury in Kent. As i said, if you want to contact and speak to him, get your bits U2U me.

oudakontrol - 10/5/09 at 10:10 AM

Thats great Eddie that you can see him you must live close. The unfortunate part for a lot of unsatisfied customers is that dropping in to see him is just not possible. I have sent 27 emails to him and tried to call 62 times, I know this as I have been asked to keep a count. I have a copy of his last email and that states I would get my parts in 7 - 10 days, this was eighteen months ago.
Your legal system is slow but have been told it is very effective ! I will let you know how effective.
If anyone wants to know who to speak to regarding this person U2U me. The more the merrier as numbers speak...

DM - 10/5/09 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by oudakontrol
I have sent 27 emails to him and tried to call 62 times, I know this as I have been asked to keep a count.

I have an email from him in which he acknowledges that he owes me goods but says he decided not to give them to me. I could easily win a court judgement against him but the time effort and cost in doing so just isnt worth it to me.

Instead I go out of my way to advise others that he is not to be trusted and no one should risk doing business with him. There are far too many honest and decent people in the industry to chance it with this joker.

oudakontrol - 11/5/09 at 04:18 AM

quote:

I have an email from him in which he acknowledges that he owes me goods but says he decided not to give them to me. I could easily win a court judgement against him but the time effort and cost in doing so just isnt worth it to me.

Instead I go out of my way to advise others that he is not to be trusted and no one should risk doing business with him. There are far too many honest and decent people in the industry to chance it with this joker.

Take him to court as he pays your legal costs plus interest at 8% after the claim has been submitted and his ignorance shows that this amount will increase dramatically. The County Court system is the way to go and if no one does it ignorant people like this trader get away with ripping good people off.

[Edited on 11/5/09 by oudakontrol]

flak monkey - 11/5/09 at 07:11 AM

Rally Design still deal with GTS to supply their kit car parts, so it can't all be that bad. I doubt they would take slow or non delivery.

I have said it before, but I'll say it again as its been a long time, its all about the way in which you deal with some people.

Eddies offer of contacting GTS for people who are having trouble is very generous, and maybe worth taking up for those few who are having issues.

procomp - 11/5/09 at 07:29 AM

Hi

But why is there a vast difference in quality between the parts brought from Rally desighn and the same parts brought from Darren. IE Westfield wide track for instance.

Ps it's a usless desighn anyhow.

Cheers Matt

flak monkey - 11/5/09 at 08:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

But why is there a vast difference in quality between the parts brought from Rally desighn and the same parts brought from Darren. IE Westfield wide track for instance.

Ps it's a usless desighn anyhow.

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

Wasnt aware that there was any difference between the GTS design and the Rally Design one. They are (or at least should) be identical as they are GTS parts. Sold by both companies.

What's wrong with the design? The GTS wishbones are generally considered to be one of the better designed...

Triton - 11/5/09 at 09:33 AM

Nowt as far as I'm aware maybe Matt means the wide track westy version?

oudakontrol - 11/5/09 at 11:00 AM

quote:

Eddies offer of contacting GTS for people who are having trouble is very generous, and maybe worth taking up for those few who are having issues.

There you go Eddie see what you can do. See if Darren wants to contact the people "those few" more like majority he has ripped off and give them their money back. Then let everyone know what his response was.

Its realy sad what is stated below..."reckoned that Locostbuilders members only represented a very small minority of his customer base", so does he mean everyone that uses this forum is not worthy enough to be treated like a person, says a lot for the way his majesty thinks !
He didn't like ebay for some reason either, or was that the other way around ?

Hellfire - 11/5/09 at 11:40 AM

Darren George fell out with this forum a few years ago and vowed never to read it again due a lot of adverse publicity he was getting. IIRC, he reckoned that Locostbuilders members only represented a very small minority of his customer base and that his business would be unaffected by the loss of their custom.

As he is still trading three years on, it looks like he may have been right, although that's no consolation to those who are still waiting for parts/refunds..........

Phil

procomp - 11/5/09 at 01:42 PM

Hi

No it's the desighn of the GTS widetrack that is a joke. It takes the wheel to damper movement ratio out of the window. Any of the lower end priced dampers require a small amount of movement befor the damping actualy starts to take place. But by increasing that ratio too far as in that desighn it means that the first 6mm or so of wheel movement is not being damped / controlled. Basically means by fitting the kit to the car you then need to spend a min of £250 ea on dampers to control the problem you have just created by fitting the kit.

The point was that when the kit is purchased from Rally desighn it is of a better finish and quality that it is from GTS direct. Almost makes you think that it is made else where other than GTS possibly.

Cheers Matt

jeffw - 12/5/09 at 02:37 PM

quote:

Those will be the people that Darren has stolen from then (can't think of a better word for what he does....maybe fraud).

This isn't one person who has an issue with GTS over a miss-understanding but a fair few who have handed money over without receiving the goods they paid for....otherwise known as theft.

eddie99 - 12/5/09 at 03:38 PM

Im not saying i will solve every problem, but im offering to try. I have had about 6 people U2U me for his number and help with him. 3 of those have already got back to me saying problem has been resolved. If so many have these problems, why have i not got more U2U's?

Thanks

Eddie

flak monkey - 12/5/09 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

Those will be the people that Darren has stolen from then (can't think of a better word for what he does....maybe fraud).

This isn't one person who has an issue with GTS over a miss-understanding but a fair few who have handed money over without receiving the goods they paid for....otherwise known as theft.

Those with problems are the minority, believe it or not. Those who have a bad experience are more likely to speak up than those that have had a positive one. I have spoken to many people in private who have had good service. Those that make a fuss on here are usually the same small group of people.

I am not saying that whats happened is right, but only trying to redress the balance. If there were that many unsatisfied customers then GTS would have gone out of business a long time ago. As it happens they havent and are still very busy indeed.

David

jeffw - 12/5/09 at 04:37 PM

It's an interesting viewpoint.

Surely if I steal from one person and leave the rest of the population alone I'm still a thief. If I gain monies by deception from one customer it's still against the law or is there some sort of level at which this is acceptable?

flak monkey - 12/5/09 at 06:27 PM

I dont think GTS have set out to steal from anyone, why would you risk your livelihood? I am not saying that its an acceptable way to go about business, thats a rediculous statement. I am sure if those who have had problems followed them up in the correct way then there wouldnt be so many complaints.

Have you personally had a problem with them?

eddie99 - 12/5/09 at 06:43 PM

Yeah exactly my point too, its how you follow it up. Im not saying GTS are perfect but i've dealt with many other kit car companies that are very similar.

If you follow it up politely (which you shouldnt have to do but still) you will get your bits, i have also met/spoken to so many people that are impressed with quality etc..

Eddie

jeffw - 12/5/09 at 07:04 PM

I have not, personally, had an issue with GTS. However I did recomend to someone buying a car from Darren. As part of the deal to purchase the car Darren agreed to supply a Wilwood brake kit for the car which he didn't have in stock. After numberous reminders by telephone and mail made by the party concerned and then reminds from people Darren deals with there has still been nothing forthcoming (12 months + after the purchase) to the point that the purchaser of the car took legal action against GTS. The person concerned is on this forum and if he wishes to fill you in on the rest of the details I'm sure he will.

My point would be that you shouldn't have to chase the man, you shouldn't have to be nice or say pretty please. He should have to function like the rest of us in business and not be a special case because he does 'kit cars'. I'm convinced that he doesn't set out to defraud anyone but the money for goods disappears to the VAT man or his suppliers for other things he purchased last month and people get missed in the great hand to mouth game he plays.

The irony is that GTS as a business if it was properly financed and controlled would make him a steady living rather than having to dodgy creditors & the tax man.

oudakontrol - 13/5/09 at 11:20 AM

I agree Eddie with being polite but how long do you feel an unsatisfied customer has to be polite for. Many people I have had contact with have not had the chance to be that polite as Darren has basically taken their money and not only given nothing in return but is not willing enough to speak to them !! how do you be polite. What about when you order something and he is polite and contacts you to thank you, then takes your money and not until then.... tells you that they calculated the freight incorrectly and for something that size it will cost a considerable amount more. Then you cancel the order as the sale was misleading but do not get a refund ?? Now thats not polite in anyones language.

As for not getting to many U2U for his contact, maybe the people that have been mislead and had money taken don't use this forum anymore. Lets face it even Darren George said he no longer wants to associate with the people on this forum, he feels he must be a little better than us.

Bacon2002 - 16/5/09 at 09:03 AM

Hi,

I have tried to contact Darren for more than 12 months but no answers to any phone calls or e-mails.

In my previous dealing with Darren (when he wanted my money) everything was fine, he would not have any reason to avoid me other than he has no intention of supplying the parts I paid for.

GTS owes me money/parts/explaination, in any other industry (anywhere) that would be fraud and that is the bottom line, no amount of spin from anyone who actually received parts from GTS will change that.

With regards Rally Design, I contacted another supplier in order to help me with missing parts, they suggested I try Rally Design. I called Rally Design who told me they no longer deal with GTS and that when they did they did not manage to actually to sell any GTS Panthers/parts.

I'm also confused by one or two of the statements earlier in this thread suggesting that GTS must have more happy than unhappy customers as they are still trading. I would like to see the data that supports this assumption.

I would expect that this is very much GTS's view......

There can be little doubt thay an individual or company could make "profits" if they were to take money for products that you did not supply.

In the past I have tried to give GTS the benefit of the doubt but I am concerned for prospective clients who could read this and other threads and think the problem with GTS is it's customers, it is not.

In my experience the problem with GTS is that they act with little integrity or regard for customers further more they have no regard for the law unless it suits them.

My advice based on my experience is that if you are thinking of ordering from GTS then think again, there are other suppliers around that do care about integrity and service so use them instead.

Perhaps we should run a GTS satisfaction poll?

oudakontrol - 16/5/09 at 09:48 AM

Bacon2002....you hit the nail right on the head well done !

DM - 16/5/09 at 03:42 PM

As per Jeff's comments, I was going to take Darren to court but, after discussing it with YET ANOTHER forum member who'd already been through that process and still did not get his money back, I decided not to waste my time. I got as far as issuing a written intention of legal action but havent pursued it. Who knows, maybe if Im bored one day I will.

Thankfully I got a lot more fun out of the car I bought than I did from my dealings with Darren – the Tiger I ended up with is fab! (Thanks to Aeon Sportscars for making that so!)

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I have said it before, but I'll say it again as its been a long time, its all about the way in which you deal with some people.

In Darren’s case I couldn’t disagree more. I spent over a year politely asking for my parts and on the rare occasions that he answered my calls, I received nothing but excuses and promises of the next failed delivery date (interestingly he was much easier to get hold of before he took my money). I even tried *bribing* him into handing parts over by offering to buy more from him once I had received them.

For the benefit of anyone still considering doing business with him I have pasted the last email conversation I had with GTS below - you can make your own judgements from it.

The thing I find most shocking about Darren's response here is that he does not deny the fact he owes me the parts but seems instead to think that the law is an optional thing that doesn’t apply to him and therefore he doesn’t have to hand them over.

If anyone who is in touch with him would care to get his side of the story I’d be very interested to hear it myself.

Or, if they can get my parts for me, that’d be even better.

I never received any further responses to those shown here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM, <my email> wrote:

Darren,

Please find attached copy of letter also posted to your business address. This is notice of my intention to take court action within 14 days regarding your failure to deliver the Wilwood brake kit I paid for at the beginning of this year.

Your sincerely,
<full name removed>

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Darren George <gtstuning@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi <name>,

I was about to go and do this. But, now i won't.

Kind regards,
Darren

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:17 PM, <my email> wrote:

How many times have I heard that?

I dont want to do this as it will cost me money but as you dont even return my calls, emails or texts what choice do I have?

I've been trying to avoid this and really dont want the hassle but its been nearly a year and this is the first time that you've made an effort to reply to me. What would you do in my position?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Darren George <gtstuning@googlemail.com> wrote:

I do understand.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM, <my email> wrote:

Then kindly please save us both a lot of hassle and just drop them off. After our last conversation I was genuinely hoping to have them in time for a track day I have booked for Saturday. That's not going to happen now but I'd just like to get what we agreed in the first place.
Thanks.

[Edited on 16/5/09 by DM]

eddie99 - 16/5/09 at 06:30 PM

You have U2U with Darren's number

[Edited on 16/5/09 by eddie99]

Garage Clearout - 16/5/09 at 07:24 PM

The thing that amazes me here is that none of the "ripped off" customers have actually been and paid him a visit

If he owed me parts or money i'd be there in a shot and i'd make sure i walked away with one or the other, or a damm sight more.

Face to face i'm sure he'd be willing to deal with your complaints. Court injunctions and the like don't scare people like Darren, you have too stoop to there level and pay them a visit.

You don't have to be aggresive to get your money/parts just a pressence would be enough.

Why don't all the unhappy customers arrange a visit together, i'm sure if several hundred customers decended on GTS then Darren would be shaking in his boots

oudakontrol - 17/5/09 at 07:37 AM

quote:

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Darren George <gtstuning@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi <name>,

I was about to go and do this. But, now i won't.

Kind regards,
Darren

///////////////////////////////////////////

I know what you mean when you talk about legal action. I sent the Kent police department to see him. Unfortunately its a civil matter so they were not able to assist. But his majesty did not like the police knocking on his door and his reply was "you will get your parts in 7-10 days' that was 18 months ago. He also lied to what the department said to him.
As for going and seeing the knob I live on the other side of the world as probably do a lot of others he has shafted.
These web sites are great for proof of bad trading as I have copied each and every one of them and forwarded them on.
I might send him another email to see if he wants to give me my 1500.00 pounds back, as you can see why I am persueing the matter that sort of coin is large in anyones language. This is probably why he hasn't gone bust, he gets the money and doesn't have to give the parts.

RK - 18/5/09 at 02:35 PM

This seems very frustrating. Is there no way you can get someone from there to visit and get the parts? Get the GTS guy to have them ready.

And I second the notion of a "civil matter". Thieves know this apparently. I did get my payment for services and product for a client after 6 months once, but no thanks to our local constabulary. Theft is not always theft apparently.

oudakontrol - 19/5/09 at 11:19 AM

Definately RK it is a bit frustrating but his majesty has picked on the wrong guy this time. I'll take him to court even if it costs me a considerable amount of money. As I stated the interest at 8% starts being calculated after you send the first legal notice and all legal costs are included in the amount owing. So it just ads on. My issue for the time taken so far was I involved Claims Link but thats another story.
The issue here is the guy gives the industry a bad name and the "great people" you all are or seem to be in the UK. I have dealt with a number of you building my car and I have had nothing but great service and great chats over the net.
What unsatisfied customers need to do is contact consumer direct and the department of fair trading. As I understand they are the people that need to know about his business actions and will follow them up once they get a few emails, just drop them a line even if you don't feel you will get your money back at least stop him from doing it to others. Oh, and of course the BBC watchdog, would be good to see him on telly.
Anyway thanks for all your support and emails regarding your own personal dealings with this fellow they have all been made to good use.

AdamR - 19/5/09 at 09:10 PM

Just to give a bit of balance, I received my +4 nose cone from GTS a couple of days ago. It was made to order and I ordered it a couple of hours after starting this thread. So that's a 10 day turn around with absolutely no chasing-up required - pretty good going.

That said, I totally sympathise with everyone who's been messed around. Must be luck of the draw.

flak monkey - 19/5/09 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AdamR
Just to give a bit of balance, I received my +4 nose cone from GTS a couple of days ago. It was made to order and I ordered it a couple of hours after starting this thread. So that's a 10 day turn around with absolutely no chasing-up required - pretty good going.

That said, I totally sympathise with everyone who's been messed around. Must be luck of the draw.

That's more like it! Hopefully this sort of service will continue

jeffw - 19/5/09 at 09:52 PM

I find this attitude interesting. The man is a crook who has ripped people off...this isn't a debate on if he gives good service or not. It isn't about 'balance'. I'm pleased that people have purchased items from him without being stolen from but that doesn't help the people who have been stolen from does it ?

oudakontrol - 20/5/09 at 09:15 AM

I second that Jeff, a murderer isn't forgiven because he has lunch with his neighbours he's still what he is.
As for Darren I'm still awaiting for your email, or call me buddy we have a lot to chat about. Lets see if your service has improved after one order on time.

Sorry for the sarcasm but his unethical behaviour has been going on for years not a week.

oudakontrol - 20/5/09 at 10:06 AM

Eddie come on mate your not that gullable are you ??????

Darren does what he has allways done takes money and then gives nothing back. As for him organising the parts well he must be pretty damn good if he can do that in a day especially when I CANCELLED THE ORDER STRAIGHT AWAY after he said sorry but GTS f$%#D up your freight cost and you will need to pay more money to me to get your bits...funny that. Funnily enough he told me this after the money was transfered into his account.
As for the credit card, I paid by direct debit as I have never had an issue like this with anyone and have not needed to take the money back. Darren stated he was not going to give me my money back because he was busy, get that busy, I just gave him 1538.00 pounds.
As a previous person said Darren does not like the law coming to see him or legal action taken against him.
And his last email was you will get the parts in 7-10 days well where are they big boy !
Oh and did he tell you about any fraudulent stuff ?? or did he tell you what the police really said, I didn't think so sun shine, probably not as he will tell you what he wants why wouldn't he you are one of his many friends.
Eddie I know you must be having a good relationship with this fellow???? but a thousand people can not be wrong can they, come on eddie read the forum I'm no one man band but I do have a big shed....
And the BBC watchdog, consumer direct, trade practices, Kent county court well lets just see........

Oh and as for your comment saying you sent me a U2 with no reply. Come on mate no need to stoop to lying about this. You know I sent you a reply and you said "good luck with the battle"

[Edited on 20/5/09 by oudakontrol]

eddie99 - 20/5/09 at 10:09 AM

Im calling Darren a one man band in a tin shed

flak monkey - 20/5/09 at 10:23 AM

The fact of the matter is there are 2 or 3 very vocal people on here (defo not 1000s as you put it Tony) who have had bad experiences with GTS in one way or another who seem to shout louder than anyone else. I know of many more people who have had excellent service than those who havent. Those few who take every opportunity to say something bad whenever they can, but as soon as anyone offers them help in resolving their issues this is the sort of response you get.

Strangely Tony/oudakontrol the only posts you have ever made on here are to slag off GTS. Perhaps the only reason you joined the site is to do that?

It's one mans word against another, and I am more inclined to believe GTS and Eddie than someone who has a personal vendetta and nothing more useful to add to the site than slagging off a supplier. It seems you have already started legal proceedings, time will tell who wins.

David

oudakontrol - 20/5/09 at 11:24 AM

quote:

Strangely Tony/oudakontrol the only posts you have ever made on here are to slag off GTS. Perhaps the only reason you joined the site is to do that?

It's one mans word against another, and I am more inclined to believe GTS and Eddie than someone who has a personal vendetta and nothing more useful to add to the site than slagging off a supplier. It seems you have already started legal proceedings, time will tell who wins.

David

I joined to let others know how much this person rips people off as it appeared there were lots doing the same thing, as well as I made a lot of friends, friends that are sympathetic to the dealings this person does. The funny part about it David is there are quite a number of others that have the same oppinion as me, and not to many that don't.
Look at other manufacturers forum sites, great comments about the man behind the counter, how helpful, how they could not do anymore for the customer, and they got their parts !. Why isn't there any bad bad people being vocal about them. Maybe just maybe correct me if I am wrong.....but they probably offer a GREAT service !!

As for "time will tell who wins" typical...it's not a game mate. Good people getting ripped off, many good people getting ripped off. I'll say it to you David as I said it to Eddie, you believe what "one " person can say (Darren George) but I'll listen to the majority as the majority is usually right.

eddie99 - 20/5/09 at 11:29 AM

Im sorry but i havent proved that it isnt the majority. DK is owed some brake stuff and will get them. Apart from you and him, why have i not got any more emails asking for help as to getting my parts.

eddie99 - 20/5/09 at 11:31 AM

Im trying to get parts back to some people that are owed it so i dont think you should be arguing with us to be honest Tony. Ring Darren and sort your problems out with him.

If anyone else is owes parts, let me know and i will try my best to get them from darren and to you!

tendoshingan - 20/5/09 at 11:31 AM

Just throw my two penneth in.
My mate paid for several things from GTS 2 years ago.
In all honesty they arrived and were made up pretty well.
He then decided to purchase the GTS Panther.
After purchasing, he did not hear anything for 2 months. My mate tried contacting him, ringing, e-mailing etc.
Eventually he claimed all his money back through the credit card.

Now, no real moral to the story apart from if you are unsure if you will get anything form Darren, I suggest you only pay by credit card, at least then you can claim it from them and they will pursue him.

DM - 20/5/09 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
DK is owed some brake stuff and will get them.

I admire your optimism

(assuming that was referring to me)

eddie99 - 20/5/09 at 11:39 AM

Yep sorry DM :p

flak monkey - 20/5/09 at 11:41 AM

Good to see you are getting on well Ed, keep up the good work.

I have to agree with Ed here, if there were more people with issues, why isnt his inbox overflowing with pleas for help? it seems like the only real person with an issue is oudakontrol, others are fairly minor and are being sorted.

oudakontrol, you are wrong, there are several people who have had problems with other manufacturers (MK, Robinhood and Luego to name 3 popular ones) usually these arent delivery problems, but more quality related issues. Having seen the quality of some of the products turned out by other companies I am not suprised - though i must say this isnt the norm. The single reason you dont hear people complaining is that the pro-(insert manufacturers name here) brigade would soon shout you down.

David

DM - 20/5/09 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Yep sorry DM :p

cheers indeedy

your efforts are much appreciated

oudakontrol - 20/5/09 at 11:58 AM

quote:

Im trying to get parts back to some people that are owed it so i dont think you should be arguing with us to be honest Tony. Ring Darren and sort your problems out with him.

Sorry Eddie and sorry to anyone that thinks I was wanting to argue with them. I have had a numerous amount of U2U and emails from a lot of you guys and the support is quite astonishing, as well as the amount of people in the same boat some going back years and years. So thanks for the friendships I have made. I did mean you are all great in the UK.

To be honest with you Eddie I have called and emailed Darren George dozens of times with absolutley no response.

Anyway I am about to hit the hay so to speak getting late here and I have had a busy day keeping my return customers happy and a lot of orders to go out tomorrow.

Cheers all

eddie99 - 20/5/09 at 12:00 PM

Get your supporters to u2u me and lets try and get the parts back

Mr Whippy - 20/5/09 at 12:01 PM

Just curious Flak monkey while reading this topic, I get the impression you seem to be trying to defend GTS but why? You know just as well as anyone the history of problems people have had with this company well before even I joined the forum. Reminds me of CalvinX’s endless battles to defend their honour, oh the good old days, sure miss those not!

But as said above, if I had spent £1500 and didn’t receive anything, I’d quite happily (if that’s the right term) travel down to the bottom of the country to sort it out once and for all.

[Edited on 20/5/09 by Mr Whippy]

flak monkey - 20/5/09 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Just curious Flak monkey while reading this topic, I get the impression you seem to be trying to defend GTS but why? You know just as well as anyone the history of problems people have had with this company well before even I joined the forum. Reminds me of CalvinX’s endless battles to defend their honour, oh the good old days, sure miss those not!

But as said above, if I had spent £1500 and didn’t receive anything, I’d quite happily (if that’s the term word) travel down to the bottom of the country to sort it out once and for all.

A lot of the problems have been pretty minor, but annoying nontheless. With a bit of effort most of these are resolvable, even if that means getting involved myself.

I believe GTS have a good product and could be one of the market leaders in 'Locosts' if only the issues could be sorted. The main one seems to be customer service, which with a little effort can be sorted and problems rectified.

I know GTS is working hard on rectifying those outstanding issues as well.

I have never said GTS are perfect and freely admit there have been issues in the past which could have been easily avoided. Most are easily resolvable, others are more difficult. If I hadnt received parts I would do everything I could to get them, but have always found that a polite email or call usually pushes things along.

David

Mr Whippy - 20/5/09 at 12:20 PM

oh well, fair enough. Its nice your making an effort to help locosters

flak monkey - 20/5/09 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
oh well, fair enough. Its nice your making an effort to help locosters

That's all my aim is, I will try to help anyone, as most people on here ought to know by now, all people have to do is ask nicely and say thanks afterwards, thats all I ask....

David

flak monkey - 20/5/09 at 01:17 PM

I think it is time to draw a close to this discussion to be honest.

Both myself and Ed have been in contact with Darren @ GTS, and he is doing everything in his power to sort out the outstanding issues within the next month.

His recommendation is to contact him via a fresh email to: gtstuning@googlemail.com

If you get no reply, please contact either myself or Eddie and we wil do our absolute best to help resolve any issues as well.

Once these are resolved I really believe a fresh start is called for and hopefully more people will be able to confidently buy from GTS without any worries. Certainly this will take some time to regain the reputation, but knowing whats going on 'behind the scenes' so to speak things are certainly looking up.

David

jeffw - 20/5/09 at 04:49 PM

Well good luck with it....I think his reputation will take a lot of work.

oudakontrol - 1/6/09 at 12:22 PM

quote:

Both myself and Ed have been in contact with Darren @ GTS, and he is doing everything in his power to sort out the outstanding issues within the next month.

His recommendation is to contact him via a fresh email to: gtstuning@googlemail.com

Well people I have emailed Darren 11-12 days ago (SEVERAL TIMES) and yet no response, not even a "Trying to sort this out and will get back to you" now I can't get much fresher than that.
Apparently he emailed me and CC'd David but I seemed to have not received it ???
Darren if you find time to read this can you please find 10-15 seconds to return my emails, just email me it's not that hard if your trying to rectify all your wrong doings, just let me know.
David and Eddie have put their name on the line for you and are trying to help you (and we all thank you two for that) but all you seem to still be doing is
#%&^^@!% .....nothing !
Sorry but it does get a little frustrating after 20 months. Seems nothing has changed.

[Edited on 1/6/09 by oudakontrol]

eddie99 - 1/6/09 at 08:48 PM

If you didnt get the email, i will ask David to forward it on to you again and hopefully you will get it.

oudakontrol - 1/6/09 at 10:26 PM

Thanks guys, your to good...

I have seen the email from David. Unsure to how it didn't get to me, may have "accidently" put a dot in the wrong place for it to get to me.
I emailed Darren with my requirements. But have received nothing not a word in response. Only from you two ??
All I ask is the courtesy to reply so I know I can feel he is trying to do the right thing, at the moment I'm unsure ???

Cheers

[Edited on 2/6/09 by oudakontrol]

bangford - 8/6/09 at 09:18 PM

Hi guys, long time lurker...

Aften stumbling upon this thread whilst browsing (which I have done fairly often for a couple of years), I simply could not sit back and watch this appalling excuse for a legitimate trading company be discussed without expressing my total disapproval and disgust at the manner in which they conduct business.

I would rather not go into specifics regarding my numerous encounters with their "work", but sincerely hope that this message and the (seemingly many) others like it will make everybody think twice before letting this outfit spunk their hard earned cash up the proverbial wall.

All the best, and thanks for reading.

PS: Flak Monkey: You should be ashamed of yourself.

[Edited on 8/6/09 by bangford]

flak monkey - 9/6/09 at 06:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bangford

PS: Flak Monkey: You should be ashamed of yourself.

It'll take a lot more than that.

If thats the thanks I get for trying to help people out you can &^*$ off

[Edited on 9/6/09 by flak monkey]

bangford - 9/6/09 at 09:24 AM

quote:
It'll take a lot more than that.

I really don't doubt it.

quote:
If thats the thanks I get for trying to help people out you can &^*$ off

Exactly the standard of response I should have expected from someone associated with a slipshod con artist.

Congratulations on making a post which serves to do nothing but further the case of some justifiably angry (ex)customers.

mistergrumpy - 9/6/09 at 10:26 AM

Hang on Bangford. I've so far refrained from posting on this thread but I now feel the need to.
I've had my problems with GTS and I will go into them if anyone is interested and I know others who have had problems too. It just seems that some people are having a shine taken to them by Darren and some not and that there's a refusal to accept each others experiences. Fine, I've had mine and won't use them again, lesson learned.
But you've just joined the forum and made your point which is fair enough but to go on and start criticising someone who's been on here for ages and offered good support to people. I think you're bang out of order. If you want to start like that I think you should p155 off onto Pistonheads or summat but keep off here. I personally think that someone is creating an alter ego to hide behind but either way, button it. You've nothing valuable to add so go back to where you came from.

[Edited on 9/6/09 by mistergrumpy]

bangford - 9/6/09 at 10:43 AM

quote:
But you've just joined the forum and made your point which is fair enough

If it's fair enough, then why was I told to bleep off? It's this I was criticising him for, as you will see if you read my post.

mistergrumpy - 9/6/09 at 11:06 AM

I took it be be the collective p155 off as he was referring to helping people out. Either way saying that he should be ashamed of himself? I can't say that I've ever asked for help from him but I know people who have and I've seen David at a few shows and he's always seemed very pleasant and sitting around chatting to people, generally on the MK stand with his car and the MK owners don't feel the need to tell him he should be ashamed and no one else on here has ever felt the need to say he should be ashamed so why should you?
Nice introduction to the site by the way. People generally say hello!

flak monkey - 9/6/09 at 11:22 AM

quote:

Exactly the standard of response I should have expected from someone associated with a slipshod con artist.

Congratulations on making a post which serves to do nothing but further the case of some justifiably angry (ex)customers.

Let me make this quite clear, I am NOT affiliated with GTS in any way other than being a satisfied customer.

I have made offers on more than one occasion to help people out who have been having problems getting in touch with GTS. I do this off my own back and get nothing out of it other than knowing that I have at least tried to help out. This offer still stands to anyone who is having problems.

So should I feel ashamed? I dont think so.

But to be honest I dont give a monkies what you think. Rest assured when you ask for help, it won't be from me.

David

PS thanks for the support Chris.

bangford - 9/6/09 at 11:26 AM

It's just that from what I've seen you appear to be a vehement defender of this company, who frankly have an appalling track record. I fail to see why.

eddie99 - 9/6/09 at 11:31 AM

Wow hang on a second....

You've been browsing this forum for years but never made an account.... You browsed this thread yesterday, decided to make an account

You make it clear that you have had problems, ok nothing wrong in that, instead of letting everyone know, why dont you solve them? if they have been solved... why dont you let it rest then???

You then think you have the right to tell David to be ashamed, im sorry but thats bang out of order...

Your saying that David should be ashamed because hes trying to help people who have had issues with GTS?

Is it me but i dont get that point???

You then have the guts to come back and say you were expecting a response like that....

I also think you should pi55 off where you came from. Who do you think you are???

Ed

bangford - 9/6/09 at 11:40 AM

Take a look in the mirror!

I was just about to reply to your PM, but after even more abuse I don't think I'll bother seeing as you're clearly all in cahoots with eachother.

flak monkey - 9/6/09 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Take a look in the mirror!

I was just about to reply to your PM, but after even more abuse I don't think I'll bother seeing as you're clearly all in cahoots with eachother.

Right back at you.

If you are an established member hiding behind another name, more shame on you.

If you are a genuine new user, then what a great first impression you have made.

No one is in cahoots with anyone else, we all have our own opinions.

bangford - 9/6/09 at 12:09 PM

And I have mine, with as much right to express it here as anyone. I must also add that I'm not the one swearing and generally being petulant.

Aside: I'm not sure how it's possible to give something back to someone if they didn't give it to you in the first place. Or did the guy I was actually speaking to give it to you secretly via a PM? Bit odd.

cd.thomson - 9/6/09 at 12:25 PM

this thread is not for flaming, its a question which has been answered and subsequently has been used to help people get in touch with GTS and sort out all these issues.

please stop polluting it.

Also flak and eddie do not work together, I dont even know if they count as friends. They are just both customers of GTS who have never claimed they are perfect and have acknowledged the issues of others. David and eddie are trying to help fellow LCBers get their cars finished.

bangford - 9/6/09 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Rest assured when you ask for help, it won't be from me.

quote:
David and eddie are trying to help fellow LCBers get their cars finished.

Right. Thanks for clearing that up. Nice to know, seeing as flak monkey's wonderful helpful nature appears to be his only legitimate method of defence.

Edit: Typo

[Edited on 9/6/09 by bangford]

cd.thomson - 9/6/09 at 12:38 PM

fozzie, can you lock this thread?

it doesnt appear to be serving any purpose anymore.

eddie99 - 9/6/09 at 12:39 PM

Or delete the last few pages of posts :p

flak monkey - 9/6/09 at 01:02 PM

I dont have any reason to need to defend myself and will not change my position.

You came along, on your first post on this forum, solely to have a dig at me, no other reason. I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. My main reason for being on this forum is to help other people out where I can, and occasionally have the odd question answered. I dont ask for anything in return for helping people out.

If you are syaing that through helping people get their problems solved I should be ashamed of myself then you obviously have a very strange outlook on life.

You will find most people are here for exactly the same reasons as me and generally you wont find a more friendly forum on the net.

Petulant? I dont think you know the meaning of the word. Exactly what response were you expecting?

bangford - 9/6/09 at 01:18 PM

quote:
You came along, on your first post on this forum, solely to have a dig at me, no other reason.

Oh. I must have dreamed about warning people away from GTS in that very same post.

quote:
My main reason for being on this forum is to help other people out where I can

Ok then, quick tip for you: Help people by telling them to avoid GTS like the plague. Thanks

eddie99 - 9/6/09 at 01:21 PM

quote:

quote:
My main reason for being on this forum is to help other people out where I can

Ok then, quick tip for you: Help people by telling them to avoid GTS like the plague. Thanks

And who does that help if we are confident that GTS have started improving and are currently trying to repay people they owe????

bangford - 9/6/09 at 01:41 PM

Everybody, seeing as this is blatantly only happening so that GTS can save their own skin, and even then it appears that only the bare minimum is being done to appease the anger and frustration. Coincidentally, this is the exact same amount of effort it takes to keep a number of naive, gullible fools off Darren's back.

Anybody with half a brain can see that GTS have been nothing short of thieves in the past. So they're now looking to make amends after repeatedly hearing from a tirade of understandably irate customers? Well isn't that sweet of them?

There are other companies who provide similar services and have many very satisfied clients who did not feel the need to resort to legal action. There are other companies who do not stoop so low as to email their clients SPECIFICALLY saying that they are not got to help them. Hell, there are companies that don't owe anyone ANYTHING.

Use them.

flak monkey - 9/6/09 at 02:35 PM

People make their own choices. I still go back to GTS for parts, and will continue to do so. I have never had anything but good service, excellent quality and good support from them, as have many others.

They have had their problems and GTS are trying to sort any of these outstanding issues out and I dont know how long this will take.

I dont need to warn people off, people like you do a perfectly good job of that.

[Edited on 9/6/09 by flak monkey]

bangford - 9/6/09 at 02:44 PM

Wow, more verbal abuse? Incredible.

You know, you might actually have had a reasonable argument if each comment were not negated by being followed by you acting like a thirteen year old.

flak monkey - 9/6/09 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Wow, more verbal abuse? Incredible.

You know, you might actually have had a reasonable argument if each comment were not negated by being followed by you acting like a thirteen year old.

You think that's incredible, you have no idea what I am thinking....

Maybe I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. Or had a bad day at work.

Or maybe, just maybe, your first post still grates on me.

TBH I couldnt give a flying %*&^ what you think about me, GTS or anything else for that matter.

You havent said anything which hasnt been said before if you look back through old posts. And you seemed more determined to stir things up than anything else. If you hadnt made any personal remarks, you wouldnt have got any comments from me what so ever.

Maybe I bite too easily, but hey there we go.

Pass the vallium

Cheers

DarrenW - 9/6/09 at 02:52 PM

You have had your fun, can you drop it now please?

This site works largely by its self regulating nature. No need for the comments that have been made or implied. As said already people make their own choices and then deal with them accordingly. The company in question has been covered too many times in the past to make this thread worthwhile. Time to bring it to a close.

bangford - 9/6/09 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Or maybe, just maybe, your first post still grates on me.

quote:
TBH I couldnt give a flying %*&^ what you think about me, GTS or anything else for that matter.

Make your mind up.

Fozzie - 9/6/09 at 03:09 PM

Name calling/flaming from either side of the 'fence' will not be tolerated.

For this reason this thread is now closed.

Fozzie .......Admin