Board logo

GTS actually did OK?
deezee - 14/7/09 at 07:26 PM

I'm not sure if it counts because I got my seats off Darren on Ebay. But Darren answered all my emails. Sent drawings and once payment was sent, after £170 and 5 days, I had a pair of fibreglass seats in my kit car.

Now I'm not defending previous actions in the past, but my experience dealing with him has been positive. Buying something off the internet isn't really a big deal and hardly worth mentioning, but I thought as everyone loves to hate GTS I'd mention my experience.

Howlor - 14/7/09 at 07:32 PM

People normally only post when things go wrong, so the reader can get a biased view, it's good to hear both sides.

Steve

mookaloid - 14/7/09 at 07:35 PM

I once had a perfectly acceptable transaction with GTS too

blakep82 - 14/7/09 at 07:44 PM

good to hear

RoadkillUK - 14/7/09 at 08:20 PM

How dare you come onto this forum and give Darren a glowing review?

... but seriously, it's good to have a positive outcome from GTS.

gavin174 - 14/7/09 at 08:44 PM

there are quite a few of us on here that have had very good experiences with darren..

unfortunately when you mention it you get shot down in flames....

LBMEFM - 14/7/09 at 09:06 PM

Bought my Willwood brakes & disc's off Darren with no probs. Went to his house once to road test a GTS car, we had to look for the parts first, most in the garage some in the lounge and several in his kitchen, his workshop was also a total tip, but that is just the way he is. Met him at Lydden too, really pleasant guy but as a efficient business man forget it. Barry

thunderace - 14/7/09 at 09:59 PM

AS SAID YOU PAY HIM YOUR MONEY AND TAKE A CHANCE
HE RIPED OFF ME B4.

Cheffy - 15/7/09 at 08:18 AM

I've had stuff from GTS on several occasions (albeit not recently). All but one occasion were fine. Fortunately the only occasion things went pear shaped was a transaction for less than £10 - can't even remember what it was for now. So generally fairly pleased.

Mart.

ZEN - 16/7/09 at 06:50 PM

Well... it seams that GTS do supply what they make in house, like fiberglass and welded stuff.
At least I hope so as I had changed my order in agreement with Darren. Hopefully now he will send me the items I ordered.