Board logo

GTS Tuning taken over
big-vee-twin - 10/7/14 at 07:40 PM

I received an email today to say GTS is no more and has been rebranded DTR Dave, Tony and Richie now own this business.

Here's wishing them good luck. They have a large steep hill to climb.
link

JoelP - 10/7/14 at 07:45 PM

Dave, Tony and Richie? Are they the bailiffs?!

[Edited on 10/7/14 by JoelP]

big-vee-twin - 10/7/14 at 07:51 PM

LOL

wylliezx9r - 10/7/14 at 09:44 PM

Best of luck to them.

Mr Whippy - 10/7/14 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

britishtrident - 11/7/14 at 01:35 PM

It reminds me of a scene from a Kurt Vonnegut book "The Cats Cradle"

The guy in the story left America taking with his son with him to found a clinic and leper colony in some God forsaken jungle hell hole. Eventually there is a Cholera epidemic in the area and the locals are dying so fast that the the clinic is forced to hire a bulldozer to bury the bodies. The father and son are standing on the veranda of their bungalow watching the bulldozer at work the father puts his arm around the son a telling him;

“Son,' my father said to me, 'someday this will all be yours.”
Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

zoom - 11/7/14 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

LOL

minitici - 11/7/14 at 07:33 PM

Nice try but web site has no business address details (which I could find).
Also the listed terms & conditions are not compliant with the latest Distance Selling regulations (since June 13th 2014) with respect to cancellation of orders and returns.

Not a good start.

big_wasa - 11/7/14 at 08:53 PM

The site is just a re hash of Gts of old.

britishtrident - 11/7/14 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
The site is just a re hash of Gts of old.

Duck test
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

scutter - 12/7/14 at 02:30 PM

Whilst this does need to work for the good of the industry, A warranty like this won't help

Due to the nature of the cars that our components are fitted to, no warranty on parts is offered or implied. The performance and reliability of all parts can be affected by its fitting, the installation and the specification of the car and its components. As such the customer is solely responsible for determining the suitability of each part for their intended use. DTR accepts no liability for any failures.

ATB Dan.

minitici - 12/7/14 at 03:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scutter
Whilst this does need to work for the good of the industry, A warranty like this won't help

Due to the nature of the cars that our components are fitted to, no warranty on parts is offered or implied. The performance and reliability of all parts can be affected by its fitting, the installation and the specification of the car and its components. As such the customer is solely responsible for determining the suitability of each part for their intended use. DTR accepts no liability for any failures.

ATB Dan.

Pretty standard 'weasel words' but would not really stand up under consumer law.

Mr Whippy - 13/7/14 at 12:03 AM

call me old fashioned but I will never buy stuff online from a company the doesn't give their address or a landline number in their contact details

D Beddows - 13/7/14 at 02:54 AM

I feel sorry for them (if it isn't actually still Darren), buy the rights to the cars by all means but not the company because......well, because. If they aren't Darren no doubt he spun his 'every F1 car on the grid has suspension designed by me and I have a contract for 3000 cars for racing schools in Abu Dhabi' spiel and they errr bought it

jeffw - 13/7/14 at 05:37 AM

I can't help feeling (if it isn't actually Darren George) that these new guys are in for a rude awakening.

ashg - 13/7/14 at 08:47 AM

why would anyone buy gts, i would rather start-up a new company with no reputation than buy a stick covered in shit!

yes yes i'm comparing gts to a shitty stick. i know what your thinking...... poor stick, poor shit!

if someone has truly purchased gts i feel really sorry for them to the point where i thought should have done your research.

TimC - 13/7/14 at 05:57 PM

Just to add a bit of balance here, assuming that these new owners went in eyes-wide-open and have bought the assets (jigs, moulds, welders, whatever) at the right price I see little issue with buying a struggling business and turning it around. Assuming they deliver, you'd expect their ROI to exceed that's of, say, the chaps that bought RAW. If it sounds weird, Google Venture Capital for more details.

I accept that building trust will be a big challenge and re-badging the website without any further thought looks like a weak start but the principle itself is far from abhorrent from a business perspective.

D Beddows - 14/7/14 at 03:49 PM

I agree with you Tim, and buying the jigs/moulds/spares etc actually isn't a stupid idea BUT starting off with Darren's website with a new header is a VERY bad idea - IF it's not Dave George, Rich George and Tony George obviously......

[Edited on 14/7/14 by D Beddows]

jeffw - 14/7/14 at 03:56 PM

Didn't Tony George run Indianapolis motorspeedway?

Buying the assets is one thing but buying the discredited name/website isn't very smart.

Rod Ends - 14/7/14 at 04:02 PM

quote:

<title>Worlds #1 online supplier of kit car parts.</title>

Really!?

designer - 14/7/14 at 04:04 PM

I spoke to Darren about buying the rights to the GTS 7 range, and was amazed how little he wanted, and the price included a pile of metal, parts, moulds and a chassis!

big_wasa - 14/7/14 at 04:11 PM

But would you have got them

Volvorsport - 14/7/14 at 04:31 PM

Richard hall and his dad bought the entire Robin Hood back catalogue and everything that was in the company for 20k.

Ben_Copeland - 28/8/14 at 06:17 PM

They are from my area, I was round there yesterday. They are setting up a new unit atm.

Tony "dTr" owns a sign manufacturing company and DTR is run by him and 2 friends.

It has NOTHING to do with Darren George what so ever.

They have big plans afoot, so watch this space.... including turn key cars.