Board logo

GTS Panther Body Parts!!
ChrissyDai - 24/7/16 at 08:42 AM

In my last post, I've been advised that the car I could be potentially buying, is in fact a Panther. I know this car is a rolling chassis, but I am under no illusion that there are going to be parts and body parts missing! So! How hard is it going to be to source these parts please guys? ( I've read all,the previous posts) but wil other body parts fit such as bonnets actually fit?

big-vee-twin - 24/7/16 at 09:13 AM

The nose, bonnet, scuttle and rear tub are all higher than standard this was done to accommodate taller engines. Therefore the chassis design reflects this too. I believe new owners took over GTS but can't remember who at the moment!

Found them DTR but don't seem to be around anymore.

[Edited on 24/7/16 by big-vee-twin]

ChrissyDai - 27/7/16 at 06:53 AM

Yeah you're right the link doesn't seem to work and I can't see much other info on the internet either. So does that mean that if anybody damages their body parts on a Panther that's it now??

Slimy38 - 27/7/16 at 07:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrissyDai
Yeah you're right the link doesn't seem to work and I can't see much other info on the internet either. So does that mean that if anybody damages their body parts on a Panther that's it now??

It wouldn't be the first kit car to not have replacement panels available. In fact, some production cars have extremely hard to obtain panels!!

Fortunately it doesn't take much to repair an existing panel, or modify another manufacturers panel to suit.

craig_thomas - 9/8/16 at 06:57 PM

will a body from another kit not fit? what about the haynes roadster panels??

big_wasa - 9/8/16 at 07:05 PM

No the Haynes is a differant size.

No other make will match as the panther was unique in being an inch higher. The chassis is very much book from the rear bulkhead forwards .so panels made to fit the book will fit the panther chassis but will be an inch shorter. With the exception of the rear tub as the rear bulkhead was an inch taller.

[Edited on 9/8/16 by big_wasa]

craig_thomas - 9/8/16 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
No the Haynes is a differant size.

No other make will match as the panther was unique in being an inch higher. The chassis is very much book from the rear bulkhead forwards .so panels made to fit the book will fit the panther chassis but will be an inch shorter. With the exception of the rear tub as the rear bulkhead was an inch taller.

[Edited on 9/8/16 by big_wasa]

so would you be able to fit a locost scuttle/bonnet and nose cone (all being an inch shorter in height) to an already built panther?

big_wasa - 9/8/16 at 07:46 PM

Yes as a set of three.

craig_thomas - 9/8/16 at 07:56 PM

Do you know if the is any difference between locost body panels and Haynes roadster panels??

scotty g - 10/8/16 at 03:55 PM

The Haynes roadster i believe is 2" wider than the standard Locost.

rossgts - 15/5/17 at 12:17 PM

I know this is a old thread but did you have any success finding GTS parts?
I'm after some lower wishbones for my W7DE, I had seen them on the DTR site before that seems to be gone now

gavin174 - 11/8/17 at 11:09 AM

I have some gts panther/wide bits laying around,

let me know what you need and I will have a look