Board logo

Duratec bolt pattern and drawing
Daf - 18/9/18 at 07:18 PM

Evening folks, does anyone know if the durate I4 1.8 engine has the same gearbox bolt pattern as the 2.0 unit? I can't find a definitiveanswer on the tinterweb!

Also it's a long shot but does anyone have a drawing of this bolt pattern in any format they would be willing to share?

snapper - 18/9/18 at 08:31 PM

I understand it is the same.
I usually google then Switch to image view, this will often throw up some technical drawings

big-vee-twin - 19/9/18 at 05:03 PM

I have the full Ford tech manual for the engine, send me your email on u2u and I will send you a drop box link

[Edited on 19/9/18 by big-vee-twin]

Mr Whippy - 19/9/18 at 05:28 PM

not sure if this is any help... not too clued up on engine types these days.

linky

mcerd1 - 20/9/18 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
not sure if this is any help... not too clued up on engine types these days.

linky

^^ the MT75 was never used with the duratec 's

but a version the MTX75 was used on the 2.0 duratec's in mk3 mondeo's (01-) and mk2 focus (05-)
so you might get a pattern for one of those, but other versions of this box was also sued on the older zetec 2.0 cars which have a totally different mounting pattern

similarly the 1.8 duratec is found on a version of the iB5 box of the same era, but iB5 boxes and their predecessors have versions to suit just about every other FWD setup ford have ever done (starting with the BC box in the mk1 fiesta form 1976! )
so I'd be very careful if using the pattern from one of these too

a better bet could be the 2.0 mk3 mazda MX5 (or other mazda's with the MZR engine that the duratec HE is derived from) - the 6 speed MX5 box is probably a good place to start looking, but note that the MX5 tilts the engine to one side by 5° or 10° (can't remember which)

Petemitchell - 22/9/18 at 11:03 PM

Not sure if this will help, i have a mk3 NC MX5 5 spd gearbox from a 1.8 model bolted to a 2.0 duratec removed from a Ford Mondeo , the bolt patern is exactly the same, i used the clutch, flywheel, spigot bearing and starter motor from the Nc 1.8 Mazda MX5 , but it does tilt the engine to one side very slightly

Daf - 23/9/18 at 10:48 AM

For some reason I've managed to unsubscribe from the thread! I'm not actually looking to mate it to a RWD box, the plan is to make an adaptor plate to mate it to a rover PG1 box.

I'm investigating the practicalities of putting a duratec engine into an MGF