Poll: GTS betting fun [View Results]
Never - Forget it, DM, you've been robbed. Pigs will fly before you get those brakes. Get over it, move on.
Soon - They'll arrive any moment now. It wasnt GTS's fault, just the supplier / courier / weather / [any other excuse].
One day - It's unreasonable to expect delivery a mere 18 months after payment, shut up and be patient.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS betting fun
grazzledazzle

posted on 11/6/09 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
I really don't understand this. If the guy has taken your money and hasn't delivered parts you are fools for not chasing this. You could and should have this theif - for that is what he is if what is said above is true - out of business very very quickly. Quick telephone call to any good solicitor and a very nominal fee would have him in court. I'm astounded that you lot don't get together and get what you are owed, if again what is said above is true. Furthermore this should be posted here there and everywhere to stop more people being the victims of fraud.

By the way, the point about him not being able to pay for orders placed 18 months ago etc... that is trading insolvently and is illegal.

The people who are doing their best to 'help' should be very clear about their role in all this, as you do not need to be employed by a company to be culpable in it's fraud.

[Edited on 11/6/09 by grazzledazzle]

[Edited on 11/6/09 by grazzledazzle]

Simon

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
OK, I bought from Darren years ago. Was kept informed etc etc.

Flak and co are trying to help out, fair enough.

One thing, if you paid for something 18 months ago, and now decide to take legal action, you may have a "statute of limitations" to deal with. Distance selling regs apply after 28 days, they may cease to apply after a certain time

ATB

Simon

flak monkey

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
If you want my stance to be clear, here it is:

GTS have some problems which obviously need to be resolved. These issues obviously cause other builders problems with their build and this is where I feel that I should help people out. I am only involved where there is some kind of communication issue, whatever that may be. All of the cases I have dealt with its simply been a case of getting the 2 parties talking about the issue and most have been resolved after that. Some are more difficult and those are for discussion between GTS and the customer involved once comms have been established.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I always see the common GTS post, and just sit back and wait for the abuse to start.

I've had dealings with Darren directly via e-mail, and have found him quite knowledgeable. I've never had an issue with him, so can't comment about any unresolved issues that other have.

I'm not looking for anyone to start having a poke at me with comments along the lines of "well, good for you" and "aren't you the lucky one", but what I find annoying is people having a pop at Flak and Eddie. I didn't want to intervene in the petty arguements, but wanted to thank them for the help and advice they've offered me to date. For people with issues, you should be greatful they're helping you out, they don't have to assist whatsoever!

So, take your problems up with GTS direct, or ask politely for help. Don't shoot the messengers! If you really feel the need, write to 'Dear Deidre @ The Sun', she'll answer you directly.

(For those who wanted to know, I'm in no way related to Flak, Eddie, Darren or anything to do with GTS)

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Steve G

posted on 12/6/09 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
So, take your problems up with GTS direct, or ask politely for help. Don't shoot the messengers!

From what i have seen on here - i dont think there is anyone having a go at Flak and Eddie for all they have done. It seems to me that they have gone way above the call of duty and have helped out loads of people and thats all credit to those two guys. It does seem pretty clear though that GTS themselves should be addressing these issues and it simply shouldnt come down to Flak and Eddie getting the two parties talking no matter whats behind it in way of previous communication. I'm a business owner myself and so often customers are idiots frankly, but that doesnt excuse poor service / non-delivery of parts. I've had to humour customers so many times when all i want to do is tell them where to go - but running a business you simply cant act that way.

None-delivery...... no excuses..... its shoddy business practice and i am so surprised the guy hasnt been reported / prosecuted by Trading Standards. For any customers with late delivery still - if you still have an issue..... speak to them!! There has been advice here about taking them to court etc - well if you are even considering going there - speak to Trading Standards. Its unlikely to get to court once TS are on the case.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.