Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis Plans
eddie99

posted on 17/6/09 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis Plans

Hi Guys,
Got a friend wondering about building his own wide chassis, Anyone downloaded/used the GTS chassis plans?
Good quality?
Thanks
Ed

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
omega0684

posted on 17/6/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
i have the McSorley book chassis plans in pdf its thats any help?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 17/6/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine did it. He has built the chassis, but said there were several parts that just didn't have the required detail on the drawings.....
handyandy

posted on 17/6/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
How about the Haynes Roadster ? not as wide as some but wider than the Ron C chassis.

andy

eddie99

posted on 17/6/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
He said something about you cant put smaller than 15" wheels on a haynes roadster and he wants 13" i believe
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
handyandy

posted on 17/6/09 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
He said something about you cant put smaller than 15" wheels on a haynes roadster and he wants 13" i believe

yes that is the case if you use alloy wheels but i believe some steel wheels will fit, don,t quote me on that tho as i,m using alloys, is there a certain reason for wanting 13" rims?
maybe still an option if the wheel size isn,t an issue, as all the plans are in the book & easy to follow.
hth

andy

James

posted on 17/6/09 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Or build a book chassis and add 4" to every lateral chassis rail.

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.