Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOOOOOOOHHHHH !!
Macbeast

posted on 10/7/12 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
OOOOOOOOHHHHH !!

Business opportunity for someone

GTS Website announcement -

This website, the manufacturing projects, intellectual property rights and associated business is for sale.

Comes with:-
Supplier accounts
Customer database of 800+ people
Upto £200,000 per year turnover
Moulds
Jigs
Production rights
Intellectual property, drawings etc
Website and URL with approx. 1,300 unique visitor hits per month, with over 10,000 page hits (Google Analytics data).

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

loggyboy

posted on 10/7/12 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
Website and URL with approx. 1,300 unique visitor hits per month, with over 10,000 page hits (Google Analytics data).

Are 9995 of those hits old customers looking for the latest contact details?

Mistral Motorsport

contaminated

posted on 10/7/12 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey!

Anyone fancy chipping in? I'd expect a discount on the basis that I think to quote turnover you have to demonstrate you actually supplied the goods!

Tiger Super Six Independent
www.southernkitcars.com

eddie99

Gotta be worth £20

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
owelly

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 10/7/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
And all so he can start again under a differnt name, and fleece every one again ?
jeffw

posted on 10/7/12 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
If a company has a value because of the goodwill associated with the name then surely GTS as a brand is worthless. Can you imagine if you took it over all the phone calls you would get asking for money or parts...the mind boggles

contaminated

posted on 10/7/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
If a company has a value because of the goodwill associated with the name then surely GTS as a brand is worthless. Can you imagine if you took it over all the phone calls you would get asking for money or parts...the mind boggles

Exactly, no way you could continue to trade as GTS. On that basis only the jigs, rights, moulds etc are actually worth anything. Supplier accounts makes me laugh too.

Tiger Super Six Independent
www.southernkitcars.com

mookaloid

posted on 10/7/12 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Methinks this is a bit of a

(Poisioned chalice )

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

designer

posted on 10/7/12 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
What bits is he selling, anybody know?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TheGiantTribble

posted on 10/7/12 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder if this might be the easy way of people getting their stuff they are owed, chip together then supply to each other.

Of course it could be a good way to get to meet the current owner face to face for a little talk, question and answer
...'do you know how much damage this hammer would suffer if it dropped on your knee cap' kinda question
(to miss quote the great Hitch Hickers guide to the galaxy)

Alan B

posted on 10/7/12 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Even using the old "upto" trick....

1 pound is "upto" 200k

zilspeed

posted on 10/7/12 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Unquestionably the most discredited 'brand' in the entire history of the British kit car industry.

As a business, the identity is utterly worthless.
The highest the value could ever be is of someone of a philanthropic persuasion were to buy the brand specifically to kill it and ensure it never sees the light of day again.

This would be a service to everyone.

The tangible assets (if there actually are any) would only have value in isolation from the brand.

It's a shame, the products were quite good.
Unfortunately, the name as well as the proprietor are forever discredited.

Then again.

Anyone remember Vic Lee ?

Caught smuggling drugs and went to prison losing everything in the process having once run a succesfull BTCC team. (Listerine BMWs 318is with Steve Soper and Time Harvey driving.)

He got out of the nick, and bold as brass popped up and did it all over again.
Works Peugeot team in BTCC, doing well, smuggled drugs again. Caught, back in the nick.

Some people have all the chutzpah in the world and have no shame whatsoever.

The bold Darren seems to fit this mould pretty well.

Mr C

posted on 10/7/12 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
And all so he can start again under a differnt name, and fleece every one again ?

Its too late, he has started on GT forty's. He's rationalised the website and separated the GT Forty side of things. Looking at the GT forums he's already annoyed fellow manufacturers especially Tornado, by copying their chassis and undercutting prices which are not sustainable. its a just a matter of time before it goes pear-shaped

The only thing you'll be buying with GTS is the debt.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

Agriv8

posted on 10/7/12 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Unquestionably the most discredited 'brand' in the entire history of the British kit car industry.

As a business, the identity is utterly worthless.
The highest the value could ever be is of someone of a philanthropic persuasion were to buy the brand specifically to kill it and ensure it never sees the light of day again.

This would be a service to everyone.

The tangible assets (if there actually are any) would only have value in isolation from the brand.

It's a shame, the products were quite good.
Unfortunately, the name as well as the proprietor are forever discredited.

Then again.

Anyone remember Vic Lee ?

Caught smuggling drugs and went to prison losing everything in the process having once run a succesfull BTCC team. (Listerine BMWs 318is with Steve Soper and Time Harvey driving.)

He got out of the nick, and bold as brass popped up and did it all over again.
Works Peugeot team in BTCC, doing well, smuggled drugs again. Caught, back in the nick.

Some people have all the chutzpah in the world and have no shame whatsoever.

The bold Darren seems to fit this mould pretty well.

Ahh there is a name that takes me back Vic Lee (when I was scrapping tyres in Touring cars / Clio's ) he must be about out know thought he got about 8 years IIRC - Saying that he looked a bit thugish

ATB agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

JekRankin

posted on 10/7/12 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
I've just noticed that if you google GTS Tuning, the search results tell you all you need to know....

"Buy from GTS Tuning ?????? No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No ..."

"GTS Tuning - THE WORST LOCOST TRADER?‎"

"Problems with GTS tuning and Darren George"

etc.etc.

Humbug

posted on 10/7/12 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by contaminated
quote:
If a company has a value because of the "good""will associated with the name then surely GTS as a brand is worthless. Can you imagine if you took it over all the phone calls you would get asking for money or parts...the mind boggles

Exactly, no way you could continue to trade as GTS. On that basis only the jigs, rights, moulds etc are actually worth anything. Supplier accounts makes me laugh too.

!!

[Edited on 10.07.2012 by Humbug]

austin man

posted on 10/7/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking of buying it then I thought about it and had to question whether he would actually deliver on it lol

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

blakep82

posted on 10/7/12 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
i'm sure oi've seen people say the product is very good, just a question of IF you can get hold of it, so....

surely there's an oppertnitiy to buy the jigs, drawings, production rights, drawings etc, then produce it all with good customer service and delivery, but under a different name?
a ready to go business, already set up, just needing a new name
you've also got a list of customers to contact saying you've taken it over, under new management etc
seems like a reasonalbe oppertunity for someone that can do it well

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

jeffw

posted on 10/7/12 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
you've also got a list of customers to contact saying you've taken it over,

Must admit I can see some slight issues with that....like solicitors letters & death threats or demands for money with menaces...

blakep82

posted on 10/7/12 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
you've also got a list of customers to contact saying you've taken it over,

Must admit I can see some slight issues with that....like solicitors letters & death threats or demands for money with menaces...

well, i did consider that, but i guess the liability still lays with darren, given that the business has been sold, but of course, the buyer should have some decent contact details for the previous owner...
does a business need to be sold through a solicitor? like houses do?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ReMan

posted on 10/7/12 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

does a business need to be sold through a solicitor? like houses do?

This one? I would

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.