Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: de Dion kit and 7+4 chassis
mackie

posted on 12/12/03 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
de Dion kit and 7+4 chassis

As I understand it the track of the Sierra is fine for a +4 chassis but we were wondering about the location of the brackets for the trailing arms on the de Dion bar itself. Will it be possible to supply it suitable for fitting to a 4 inch wider chassis and mount it using the standard trailing arm bracket locations? How would you achieve this? Extend the bar in the middle or just move the brackets?
dozracing

posted on 12/12/03 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I will have a close look, but i guess we would move the brackets out wider.

Kind regards,
Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hnz

posted on 14/12/03 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Craig Chamberlain has fitted a De Dion axle intended for a standard chassis in to a 4" wide one so it can be done & quite effectively too by the look of it . See it here http://www.craig.chamberlain.name/
mackie

posted on 14/12/03 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'm aware of this, but i'm not so keen on having the inboard trailing arms you see.
If it's possible to make the brackets further apart at the construction stage then it saves all the hassle.

dozracing

posted on 14/12/03 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mackie,

Looking at it i think we can simply move the brackets out wider. Clearance to the tyre will get tighter, but, it look like it'll be just about OK, if it isn't you might need to run some small wheel spacers. Only other solution would be bent trailing arms.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blueshift

posted on 15/12/03 at 02:18 AM Reply With Quote
Any chance we could get some plans or dimensions for the bar? then we can monkey about with our own CAD model.

cheers..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.