Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Few Quick Questions
eddie99

posted on 30/3/09 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Few Quick Questions

Hi Guys,
Just looking at ordering some bits, quick questions:

Where does everyone get there brake resevoir, i need a tandem one and rallydesign sell one, but an expensive £26.50, well sounds expensive for what it is, does anyone know anywhere cheaper etc..?

Other question, im after some of the zetec rubber engine mounts, i've got the metal bits but now need the rubber mounts, where do people get these from?

Does anyone know any companies who do exhaust systems with cat's? Im currently looking at MK one or kitpartsdirect/robin hood, what are the standard of these exhausts, anyone use them?

And lastly, what kind of price do people pay for a polo radiator brand new? Going to go to a motorfactors and see what price they can do. Every £5 helps!! :p

Thanks

Ed

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
dave1888

posted on 31/3/09 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
I dont know what brake setup you have but, i used a mondeo master cylinder others use sierra. Try ebay for engine mounts and your radiator failing that the breakers.

hughpinder

posted on 31/3/09 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
I got my master cylinder from the scrap yard for £3 - mondeo one with 3 take offs (one for clutch, but many variaties there. Make sure you take the lid, and cut the 'plug' for the low level signal off the loom or you will have hassle getting the matching plug later.

I have seen polo rads new on ebay for about £45

Regards
Hugh

Myke 2463

posted on 31/3/09 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Polo Rad

I got mine from, www.radiatorsonline.co.uk ( Northern Radiators ) 1.3 / 94 on about £ 30 site has pic's inc dim's.
Delivery next day.

Cheers Mike

[Edited on 31/3/09 by Myke 2463]

nick205

posted on 31/3/09 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Northern Radiators was the cheapest place for a Polo rad when I bought - top service and next day delivery.

£26.50 (+VAT if it's in the RalDes book) seems a good price for a new tandem master cylinder to me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.