Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedals
dozracing

posted on 18/2/04 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Pedals

Hi all,

Pic attached of the pedals. Available in twin balance bar type, or tandem Sierra mastercylinder.

Kind regards,

Darren Rescued attachment Bias braked pedals.jpg
Rescued attachment Bias braked pedals.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 19/2/04 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Darren,

I have a few questions:

Do they include any bushes/bolts brackets to attach them to the chassis?

Are they designed for top or bottom mounting, could they be adapted to either?

What is the brake pedal ratio, as from the pic it looks to be around 3:1 which I would have thought would be far too short, have they been tried on any completed car?

Thanks,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dozracing

posted on 19/2/04 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ned,

There are about 20 completed cars running around with them on, all SVA'd etc..

There are brackets available as well, and they are floor mounted. They include bushes and we could provide you with bolts as well. Pedal ratio goes hand in hand with master cylinder bore size so it can be a bit deceiving.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ned

posted on 19/2/04 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Darren,

From various books I've read inc staniforth, it seems that around 5:1 is a good pedal ratio to go for, I'm just a bit concerned yours are quite a bit less than this. Presumably you'd need quite a bit bigger m/c to compensate the pedal ratio?

how much are you going to be selling these for per set with bushes?

Is the clutch pedal designed around a cable or hydraulic setup?

thanks,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

dozracing

posted on 19/2/04 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
They are made for Cables.

I have never made an F1 pedal with as much as 5:1 ratio! Tune to win quotes 4:1 and Trident make theirs with 3.5:1 and charge £580 for them!

As i say there are enough running around to give us confidence that they are about what people need.

Kind regards,

Darren

MikeR

posted on 19/2/04 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Cool, so what size master cylinder do you need to get then to go with the peddle?
MikeR

posted on 19/2/04 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, forgot to add and how much?
PioneerX

posted on 20/2/04 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Last week I collected a set of pedal from Darren, I'm certainly impressed. The workmanship is first rate and I dont see the ratio being a problem, especally when you consider the ones he has shown (the same ones I have) are a twin master cylinder setup with bias bar.

As for the price, see his website.

http://www.gtscougar.freeserve.co.uk/

[Edited on 20/2/04 by PioneerX]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.