Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: advice please!!!
mad_dogpompey

posted on 6/4/09 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
advice please!!!

well after many weeks of ummmmming and rrrrringgg i ve decided what i want to build. am going for a mcsorely +4 but with a rover v8( i know i m gonna get some grief for that but i ve put both engine types on the scales at work! and the difference in weight which i m keeping secret is not alot!) anyways after abit more research i found the gts website and decided thats the best place to get the body work and i thought i d download their plans for £4. bonus how ever the link to paypal doesn t work! mmmm well no probs i ll give them a ring! no answer on the mobile number and no answer to the emails! my question to everyone is do i really want to look at ordering a few grands worth of parts body work wish bones ect when i can t get hold of them!? what does everyone else think of gtstuning? and are they reliable?! i ll say sorry in advance if the guys away on holls and thats why i can t get hold of them! but please let me know!
RichardK

posted on 6/4/09 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
All I can say is do a search on here for gts and all will become clear!

Good products if and when you get them but rubbish customer care in a nutshell!

Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 6/4/09 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
t16turbotone

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
do a search on this site "gts tuning" and make up your own mind
Paul TigerB6

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Where is the "Popcorn" emoticon??

anyone ??

[Edited on 6/4/09 by Paul TigerB6]

Bacon2002

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

If you live next door to Darren or his workshop then definately go for it.

If however you don't live close enough to go and see him everytime you want something (or to check on progress) then I would say stay away as you are (in my experience) very unlikely to get your parts.

He is a nice guy and his stuff is excellent, but, his customer service is (in my opinion and experience) totally rubbish.

I ordered a kit from Darren, I had lots of trouble getting my stuff, some arrived, some was wrong etc etc. Then (stupidly) I ordered some additional parts, I got some parts, most of the stuff was missing/wrong/incomplete.

Basically I didn't get all the stuff I ordered and I didn't get my money back for the missing stuff (quite a lot) nor did I get any explaination.

Now he never answers my calls or my e-mails and he's too far away to go and see, so I've given up on him.

It's a shame really as he is probably a great guy and as I said his stuff (when it's the right stuff) is really good.

Good luck.

blakep82

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
these topics don't come up as much as they used to

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mad_dogpompey

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
thanks

sorry didn t realise this has been done to death on here!!! the only thing i really need to order from them is the body work. acording to my solicitor(my dad)! you pay by credit card your covered by the consumer credit act to get your goods in a reasonable time frame! so pay by credit card same as i m going to girls and guys! and lets leave it at that dont want another thread that goes on for ever lol
blakep82

posted on 6/4/09 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, pay by card and you're covered ok.
there are people on here who have had really good service from GTS (i'm not one of them though)

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

eznfrank

posted on 6/4/09 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you would be covered by paying on card but is it really worth all the hassle?
mark chandler

posted on 6/4/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Better to pay on collection !!!!
mad_dogpompey

posted on 6/4/09 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
yeh but can t seem to find another supplier for body work for the mcsorely+4. any one know another supplier. if i do go with them it will be cash on collection though!!!
Dangle_kt

posted on 6/4/09 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Tried triton on here? pretty sure he mentioned something about being able to do oversized bodywork the other day.

I have never used his stuff personally, but his seats and other work seem to be held in very high regard on here, so might be worth an ask?

You really don't want to spend days working on something to then find it doesn;t quite fit right - especially after you might have cut it and made it unreturnable!

oudakontrol

posted on 9/4/09 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Spend your money else where. You'll pay dearly giving it to this ?????. Seven to ten days for delivery he told me....16 months later nothing, no replies, no emails. So I have invested my money in a solicitor and apparently I am not the first. Look at the forum and make your own mind up...it's only money, but it's yours !
RK

posted on 9/4/09 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
In a world of rapid change, it's nice to see some things stay the same. Comforting really.
Triton

posted on 9/4/09 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Build a Haynes Roadster it's easier as more than one company offering parts for them including body panels.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
supermoto

posted on 15/4/09 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
ive had parts from darren in a timely fashion, he has always delivered what ive asked for and given advise when i need it. yes he does dissapear for a few days here and there but ive always found a text followed by a phone call to be successful. i think darren gets a bad name on here and yes when i bought my kit i then found out that he wasnt too good but have nothing but good words for him. his stuff fits, is some of the best prices around, and if he cant get something he will help you in where to find it. i do feel i may be alolone in this but go GTS. weve just finished our W7DE with a TL 1000 engine in it and its ace! plus it looks the part too.....well it will when we paint it a nice colour!
oudakontrol

posted on 15/4/09 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
(i think darren gets a bad name on here)

(i do feel i may be alolone in this but go GTS)

Yes you may be right he does get a bad name and you may be a minority. Customer service means alot.
Threads stating don't buy from him unless you live within walking distance from his shop says alot.
People work hard for their money so who gives an arogant ??? the right to take it from you and give nothing in return.
Who do these people think they are.....

Front Row Joe

posted on 15/4/09 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have recently ordered a W7DE body kit from Darren. He allowed me to pay a deposit and then the balance when it is ready to be despatched. If you look on his website under bodywork/w7de you will see my specially prepared order deposit at the top of the page. I have found Darren to be very helpful. I recently had some questions and left a message for him. He called me back the same day with advice.

I am back in the game after a couple of years out for new job / house / wedding etc. Will update when bodykit received.......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.