Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: GTS still trading?
jeffw

posted on 12/5/09 at 02:37 PM
quote:
Eddies offer of contacting GTS for people who are having trouble is very generous, and maybe worth taking up for those few who are having issues.

Those will be the people that Darren has stolen from then (can't think of a better word for what he does....maybe fraud).

This isn't one person who has an issue with GTS over a miss-understanding but a fair few who have handed money over without receiving the goods they paid for....otherwise known as theft.

eddie99

posted on 12/5/09 at 03:38 PM
Im not saying i will solve every problem, but im offering to try. I have had about 6 people U2U me for his number and help with him. 3 of those have already got back to me saying problem has been resolved. If so many have these problems, why have i not got more U2U's?

Thanks

Eddie

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
flak monkey

posted on 12/5/09 at 03:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:
Eddies offer of contacting GTS for people who are having trouble is very generous, and maybe worth taking up for those few who are having issues.

Those will be the people that Darren has stolen from then (can't think of a better word for what he does....maybe fraud).

This isn't one person who has an issue with GTS over a miss-understanding but a fair few who have handed money over without receiving the goods they paid for....otherwise known as theft.

Those with problems are the minority, believe it or not. Those who have a bad experience are more likely to speak up than those that have had a positive one. I have spoken to many people in private who have had good service. Those that make a fuss on here are usually the same small group of people.

I am not saying that whats happened is right, but only trying to redress the balance. If there were that many unsatisfied customers then GTS would have gone out of business a long time ago. As it happens they havent and are still very busy indeed.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

jeffw

posted on 12/5/09 at 04:37 PM
It's an interesting viewpoint.

Surely if I steal from one person and leave the rest of the population alone I'm still a thief. If I gain monies by deception from one customer it's still against the law or is there some sort of level at which this is acceptable?

flak monkey

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:27 PM
I dont think GTS have set out to steal from anyone, why would you risk your livelihood? I am not saying that its an acceptable way to go about business, thats a rediculous statement. I am sure if those who have had problems followed them up in the correct way then there wouldnt be so many complaints.

Have you personally had a problem with them?

Sera

eddie99

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:43 PM
Yeah exactly my point too, its how you follow it up. Im not saying GTS are perfect but i've dealt with many other kit car companies that are very similar.

If you follow it up politely (which you shouldnt have to do but still) you will get your bits, i have also met/spoken to so many people that are impressed with quality etc..

Eddie

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jeffw

posted on 12/5/09 at 07:04 PM
I have not, personally, had an issue with GTS. However I did recomend to someone buying a car from Darren. As part of the deal to purchase the car Darren agreed to supply a Wilwood brake kit for the car which he didn't have in stock. After numberous reminders by telephone and mail made by the party concerned and then reminds from people Darren deals with there has still been nothing forthcoming (12 months + after the purchase) to the point that the purchaser of the car took legal action against GTS. The person concerned is on this forum and if he wishes to fill you in on the rest of the details I'm sure he will.

My point would be that you shouldn't have to chase the man, you shouldn't have to be nice or say pretty please. He should have to function like the rest of us in business and not be a special case because he does 'kit cars'. I'm convinced that he doesn't set out to defraud anyone but the money for goods disappears to the VAT man or his suppliers for other things he purchased last month and people get missed in the great hand to mouth game he plays.

The irony is that GTS as a business if it was properly financed and controlled would make him a steady living rather than having to dodgy creditors & the tax man.

oudakontrol

posted on 13/5/09 at 11:20 AM
I agree Eddie with being polite but how long do you feel an unsatisfied customer has to be polite for. Many people I have had contact with have not had the chance to be that polite as Darren has basically taken their money and not only given nothing in return but is not willing enough to speak to them !! how do you be polite. What about when you order something and he is polite and contacts you to thank you, then takes your money and not until then.... tells you that they calculated the freight incorrectly and for something that size it will cost a considerable amount more. Then you cancel the order as the sale was misleading but do not get a refund ?? Now thats not polite in anyones language.

As for not getting to many U2U for his contact, maybe the people that have been mislead and had money taken don't use this forum anymore. Lets face it even Darren George said he no longer wants to associate with the people on this forum, he feels he must be a little better than us.

Bacon2002

posted on 16/5/09 at 09:03 AM
Hi,

I have tried to contact Darren for more than 12 months but no answers to any phone calls or e-mails.

In my previous dealing with Darren (when he wanted my money) everything was fine, he would not have any reason to avoid me other than he has no intention of supplying the parts I paid for.

GTS owes me money/parts/explaination, in any other industry (anywhere) that would be fraud and that is the bottom line, no amount of spin from anyone who actually received parts from GTS will change that.

With regards Rally Design, I contacted another supplier in order to help me with missing parts, they suggested I try Rally Design. I called Rally Design who told me they no longer deal with GTS and that when they did they did not manage to actually to sell any GTS Panthers/parts.

I'm also confused by one or two of the statements earlier in this thread suggesting that GTS must have more happy than unhappy customers as they are still trading. I would like to see the data that supports this assumption.

I would expect that this is very much GTS's view......

There can be little doubt thay an individual or company could make "profits" if they were to take money for products that you did not supply.

In the past I have tried to give GTS the benefit of the doubt but I am concerned for prospective clients who could read this and other threads and think the problem with GTS is it's customers, it is not.

In my experience the problem with GTS is that they act with little integrity or regard for customers further more they have no regard for the law unless it suits them.

My advice based on my experience is that if you are thinking of ordering from GTS then think again, there are other suppliers around that do care about integrity and service so use them instead.

Perhaps we should run a GTS satisfaction poll?

oudakontrol

posted on 16/5/09 at 09:48 AM
Bacon2002....you hit the nail right on the head well done !
DM

posted on 16/5/09 at 03:42 PM
As per Jeff's comments, I was going to take Darren to court but, after discussing it with YET ANOTHER forum member who'd already been through that process and still did not get his money back, I decided not to waste my time. I got as far as issuing a written intention of legal action but havent pursued it. Who knows, maybe if Im bored one day I will.

Thankfully I got a lot more fun out of the car I bought than I did from my dealings with Darren – the Tiger I ended up with is fab! (Thanks to Aeon Sportscars for making that so!)

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I have said it before, but I'll say it again as its been a long time, its all about the way in which you deal with some people.

In Darren’s case I couldn’t disagree more. I spent over a year politely asking for my parts and on the rare occasions that he answered my calls, I received nothing but excuses and promises of the next failed delivery date (interestingly he was much easier to get hold of before he took my money). I even tried *bribing* him into handing parts over by offering to buy more from him once I had received them.

For the benefit of anyone still considering doing business with him I have pasted the last email conversation I had with GTS below - you can make your own judgements from it.

The thing I find most shocking about Darren's response here is that he does not deny the fact he owes me the parts but seems instead to think that the law is an optional thing that doesn’t apply to him and therefore he doesn’t have to hand them over.

If anyone who is in touch with him would care to get his side of the story I’d be very interested to hear it myself.

Or, if they can get my parts for me, that’d be even better.

I never received any further responses to those shown here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM, <my email> wrote:

Darren,

Please find attached copy of letter also posted to your business address. This is notice of my intention to take court action within 14 days regarding your failure to deliver the Wilwood brake kit I paid for at the beginning of this year.

Your sincerely,
<full name removed>

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Darren George <gtstuning@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi <name>,

I was about to go and do this. But, now i won't.

Kind regards,
Darren

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:17 PM, <my email> wrote:

How many times have I heard that?

I dont want to do this as it will cost me money but as you dont even return my calls, emails or texts what choice do I have?

I've been trying to avoid this and really dont want the hassle but its been nearly a year and this is the first time that you've made an effort to reply to me. What would you do in my position?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Darren George <gtstuning@googlemail.com> wrote:

I do understand.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM, <my email> wrote:

Then kindly please save us both a lot of hassle and just drop them off. After our last conversation I was genuinely hoping to have them in time for a track day I have booked for Saturday. That's not going to happen now but I'd just like to get what we agreed in the first place.
Thanks.

[Edited on 16/5/09 by DM]

eddie99

posted on 16/5/09 at 06:30 PM
You have U2U with Darren's number

[Edited on 16/5/09 by eddie99]

Garage Clearout

posted on 16/5/09 at 07:24 PM
The thing that amazes me here is that none of the "ripped off" customers have actually been and paid him a visit

If he owed me parts or money i'd be there in a shot and i'd make sure i walked away with one or the other, or a damm sight more.

Face to face i'm sure he'd be willing to deal with your complaints. Court injunctions and the like don't scare people like Darren, you have too stoop to there level and pay them a visit.

You don't have to be aggresive to get your money/parts just a pressence would be enough.

Why don't all the unhappy customers arrange a visit together, i'm sure if several hundred customers decended on GTS then Darren would be shaking in his boots

oudakontrol

posted on 17/5/09 at 07:37 AM
quote:

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Darren George <gtstuning@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi <name>,

I was about to go and do this. But, now i won't.

Kind regards,
Darren

///////////////////////////////////////////

I know what you mean when you talk about legal action. I sent the Kent police department to see him. Unfortunately its a civil matter so they were not able to assist. But his majesty did not like the police knocking on his door and his reply was "you will get your parts in 7-10 days' that was 18 months ago. He also lied to what the department said to him.
As for going and seeing the knob I live on the other side of the world as probably do a lot of others he has shafted.
These web sites are great for proof of bad trading as I have copied each and every one of them and forwarded them on.
I might send him another email to see if he wants to give me my 1500.00 pounds back, as you can see why I am persueing the matter that sort of coin is large in anyones language. This is probably why he hasn't gone bust, he gets the money and doesn't have to give the parts.

RK

posted on 18/5/09 at 02:35 PM
This seems very frustrating. Is there no way you can get someone from there to visit and get the parts? Get the GTS guy to have them ready.

And I second the notion of a "civil matter". Thieves know this apparently. I did get my payment for services and product for a client after 6 months once, but no thanks to our local constabulary. Theft is not always theft apparently.

oudakontrol

posted on 19/5/09 at 11:19 AM
Definately RK it is a bit frustrating but his majesty has picked on the wrong guy this time. I'll take him to court even if it costs me a considerable amount of money. As I stated the interest at 8% starts being calculated after you send the first legal notice and all legal costs are included in the amount owing. So it just ads on. My issue for the time taken so far was I involved Claims Link but thats another story.
The issue here is the guy gives the industry a bad name and the "great people" you all are or seem to be in the UK. I have dealt with a number of you building my car and I have had nothing but great service and great chats over the net.
What unsatisfied customers need to do is contact consumer direct and the department of fair trading. As I understand they are the people that need to know about his business actions and will follow them up once they get a few emails, just drop them a line even if you don't feel you will get your money back at least stop him from doing it to others. Oh, and of course the BBC watchdog, would be good to see him on telly.
Anyway thanks for all your support and emails regarding your own personal dealings with this fellow they have all been made to good use.

AdamR

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:10 PM
Just to give a bit of balance, I received my +4 nose cone from GTS a couple of days ago. It was made to order and I ordered it a couple of hours after starting this thread. So that's a 10 day turn around with absolutely no chasing-up required - pretty good going.

That said, I totally sympathise with everyone who's been messed around. Must be luck of the draw.

flak monkey

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AdamR
Just to give a bit of balance, I received my +4 nose cone from GTS a couple of days ago. It was made to order and I ordered it a couple of hours after starting this thread. So that's a 10 day turn around with absolutely no chasing-up required - pretty good going.

That said, I totally sympathise with everyone who's been messed around. Must be luck of the draw.

That's more like it! Hopefully this sort of service will continue

Sera

jeffw

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:52 PM
I find this attitude interesting. The man is a crook who has ripped people off...this isn't a debate on if he gives good service or not. It isn't about 'balance'. I'm pleased that people have purchased items from him without being stolen from but that doesn't help the people who have been stolen from does it ?
oudakontrol

posted on 20/5/09 at 09:15 AM
I second that Jeff, a murderer isn't forgiven because he has lunch with his neighbours he's still what he is.
As for Darren I'm still awaiting for your email, or call me buddy we have a lot to chat about. Lets see if your service has improved after one order on time.

Sorry for the sarcasm but his unethical behaviour has been going on for years not a week.

oudakontrol

posted on 20/5/09 at 10:06 AM
Eddie come on mate your not that gullable are you ??????

Darren does what he has allways done takes money and then gives nothing back. As for him organising the parts well he must be pretty damn good if he can do that in a day especially when I CANCELLED THE ORDER STRAIGHT AWAY after he said sorry but GTS f$%#D up your freight cost and you will need to pay more money to me to get your bits...funny that. Funnily enough he told me this after the money was transfered into his account.
As for the credit card, I paid by direct debit as I have never had an issue like this with anyone and have not needed to take the money back. Darren stated he was not going to give me my money back because he was busy, get that busy, I just gave him 1538.00 pounds.
As a previous person said Darren does not like the law coming to see him or legal action taken against him.
And his last email was you will get the parts in 7-10 days well where are they big boy !
Oh and did he tell you about any fraudulent stuff ?? or did he tell you what the police really said, I didn't think so sun shine, probably not as he will tell you what he wants why wouldn't he you are one of his many friends.
Eddie I know you must be having a good relationship with this fellow???? but a thousand people can not be wrong can they, come on eddie read the forum I'm no one man band but I do have a big shed....
And the BBC watchdog, consumer direct, trade practices, Kent county court well lets just see........

Oh and as for your comment saying you sent me a U2 with no reply. Come on mate no need to stoop to lying about this. You know I sent you a reply and you said "good luck with the battle"

[Edited on 20/5/09 by oudakontrol]

eddie99

posted on 20/5/09 at 10:09 AM
Im calling Darren a one man band in a tin shed
flak monkey

posted on 20/5/09 at 10:23 AM
The fact of the matter is there are 2 or 3 very vocal people on here (defo not 1000s as you put it Tony) who have had bad experiences with GTS in one way or another who seem to shout louder than anyone else. I know of many more people who have had excellent service than those who havent. Those few who take every opportunity to say something bad whenever they can, but as soon as anyone offers them help in resolving their issues this is the sort of response you get.

Strangely Tony/oudakontrol the only posts you have ever made on here are to slag off GTS. Perhaps the only reason you joined the site is to do that?

It's one mans word against another, and I am more inclined to believe GTS and Eddie than someone who has a personal vendetta and nothing more useful to add to the site than slagging off a supplier. It seems you have already started legal proceedings, time will tell who wins.

David

Sera

oudakontrol

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:24 AM
quote:

Strangely Tony/oudakontrol the only posts you have ever made on here are to slag off GTS. Perhaps the only reason you joined the site is to do that?

It's one mans word against another, and I am more inclined to believe GTS and Eddie than someone who has a personal vendetta and nothing more useful to add to the site than slagging off a supplier. It seems you have already started legal proceedings, time will tell who wins.

David

I joined to let others know how much this person rips people off as it appeared there were lots doing the same thing, as well as I made a lot of friends, friends that are sympathetic to the dealings this person does. The funny part about it David is there are quite a number of others that have the same oppinion as me, and not to many that don't.
Look at other manufacturers forum sites, great comments about the man behind the counter, how helpful, how they could not do anymore for the customer, and they got their parts !. Why isn't there any bad bad people being vocal about them. Maybe just maybe correct me if I am wrong.....but they probably offer a GREAT service !!

As for "time will tell who wins" typical...it's not a game mate. Good people getting ripped off, many good people getting ripped off. I'll say it to you David as I said it to Eddie, you believe what "one " person can say (Darren George) but I'll listen to the majority as the majority is usually right.

eddie99

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:29 AM
Im sorry but i havent proved that it isnt the majority. DK is owed some brake stuff and will get them. Apart from you and him, why have i not got any more emails asking for help as to getting my parts.
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.