Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: GTS still trading?
eddie99

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:31 AM
Im trying to get parts back to some people that are owed it so i dont think you should be arguing with us to be honest Tony. Ring Darren and sort your problems out with him.

If anyone else is owes parts, let me know and i will try my best to get them from darren and to you!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
tendoshingan

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:31 AM
Just throw my two penneth in.
My mate paid for several things from GTS 2 years ago.
In all honesty they arrived and were made up pretty well.
He then decided to purchase the GTS Panther.
After purchasing, he did not hear anything for 2 months. My mate tried contacting him, ringing, e-mailing etc.
Eventually he claimed all his money back through the credit card.

Now, no real moral to the story apart from if you are unsure if you will get anything form Darren, I suggest you only pay by credit card, at least then you can claim it from them and they will pursue him.

DM

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
DK is owed some brake stuff and will get them.

I admire your optimism

(assuming that was referring to me)

eddie99

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:39 AM
Yep sorry DM :p
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
flak monkey

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:41 AM
Good to see you are getting on well Ed, keep up the good work.

I have to agree with Ed here, if there were more people with issues, why isnt his inbox overflowing with pleas for help? it seems like the only real person with an issue is oudakontrol, others are fairly minor and are being sorted.

oudakontrol, you are wrong, there are several people who have had problems with other manufacturers (MK, Robinhood and Luego to name 3 popular ones) usually these arent delivery problems, but more quality related issues. Having seen the quality of some of the products turned out by other companies I am not suprised - though i must say this isnt the norm. The single reason you dont hear people complaining is that the pro-(insert manufacturers name here) brigade would soon shout you down.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

DM

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Yep sorry DM :p

cheers indeedy

your efforts are much appreciated

oudakontrol

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:58 AM
quote:

Im trying to get parts back to some people that are owed it so i dont think you should be arguing with us to be honest Tony. Ring Darren and sort your problems out with him.

Sorry Eddie and sorry to anyone that thinks I was wanting to argue with them. I have had a numerous amount of U2U and emails from a lot of you guys and the support is quite astonishing, as well as the amount of people in the same boat some going back years and years. So thanks for the friendships I have made. I did mean you are all great in the UK.

To be honest with you Eddie I have called and emailed Darren George dozens of times with absolutley no response.

Anyway I am about to hit the hay so to speak getting late here and I have had a busy day keeping my return customers happy and a lot of orders to go out tomorrow.

Cheers all

eddie99

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:00 PM
Get your supporters to u2u me and lets try and get the parts back
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:01 PM
Just curious Flak monkey while reading this topic, I get the impression you seem to be trying to defend GTS but why? You know just as well as anyone the history of problems people have had with this company well before even I joined the forum. Reminds me of CalvinX’s endless battles to defend their honour, oh the good old days, sure miss those not!

But as said above, if I had spent £1500 and didn’t receive anything, I’d quite happily (if that’s the right term) travel down to the bottom of the country to sort it out once and for all.

[Edited on 20/5/09 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Just curious Flak monkey while reading this topic, I get the impression you seem to be trying to defend GTS but why? You know just as well as anyone the history of problems people have had with this company well before even I joined the forum. Reminds me of CalvinX’s endless battles to defend their honour, oh the good old days, sure miss those not!

But as said above, if I had spent £1500 and didn’t receive anything, I’d quite happily (if that’s the term word) travel down to the bottom of the country to sort it out once and for all.

A lot of the problems have been pretty minor, but annoying nontheless. With a bit of effort most of these are resolvable, even if that means getting involved myself.

I believe GTS have a good product and could be one of the market leaders in 'Locosts' if only the issues could be sorted. The main one seems to be customer service, which with a little effort can be sorted and problems rectified.

I know GTS is working hard on rectifying those outstanding issues as well.

I have never said GTS are perfect and freely admit there have been issues in the past which could have been easily avoided. Most are easily resolvable, others are more difficult. If I hadnt received parts I would do everything I could to get them, but have always found that a polite email or call usually pushes things along.

David

Sera

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:20 PM
oh well, fair enough. Its nice your making an effort to help locosters

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
oh well, fair enough. Its nice your making an effort to help locosters

That's all my aim is, I will try to help anyone, as most people on here ought to know by now, all people have to do is ask nicely and say thanks afterwards, thats all I ask....

David

Sera

flak monkey

posted on 20/5/09 at 01:17 PM
I think it is time to draw a close to this discussion to be honest.

Both myself and Ed have been in contact with Darren @ GTS, and he is doing everything in his power to sort out the outstanding issues within the next month.

His recommendation is to contact him via a fresh email to: gtstuning@googlemail.com

If you get no reply, please contact either myself or Eddie and we wil do our absolute best to help resolve any issues as well.

Once these are resolved I really believe a fresh start is called for and hopefully more people will be able to confidently buy from GTS without any worries. Certainly this will take some time to regain the reputation, but knowing whats going on 'behind the scenes' so to speak things are certainly looking up.

David

Sera

jeffw

posted on 20/5/09 at 04:49 PM
Well good luck with it....I think his reputation will take a lot of work.
oudakontrol

posted on 1/6/09 at 12:22 PM
quote:

Both myself and Ed have been in contact with Darren @ GTS, and he is doing everything in his power to sort out the outstanding issues within the next month.

His recommendation is to contact him via a fresh email to: gtstuning@googlemail.com

Well people I have emailed Darren 11-12 days ago (SEVERAL TIMES) and yet no response, not even a "Trying to sort this out and will get back to you" now I can't get much fresher than that.
Apparently he emailed me and CC'd David but I seemed to have not received it ???
Darren if you find time to read this can you please find 10-15 seconds to return my emails, just email me it's not that hard if your trying to rectify all your wrong doings, just let me know.
David and Eddie have put their name on the line for you and are trying to help you (and we all thank you two for that) but all you seem to still be doing is
#%&^^@!% .....nothing !
Sorry but it does get a little frustrating after 20 months. Seems nothing has changed.

[Edited on 1/6/09 by oudakontrol]

eddie99

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:48 PM
If you didnt get the email, i will ask David to forward it on to you again and hopefully you will get it.
oudakontrol

posted on 1/6/09 at 10:26 PM
Thanks guys, your to good...

I have seen the email from David. Unsure to how it didn't get to me, may have "accidently" put a dot in the wrong place for it to get to me.
I emailed Darren with my requirements. But have received nothing not a word in response. Only from you two ??
All I ask is the courtesy to reply so I know I can feel he is trying to do the right thing, at the moment I'm unsure ???

Cheers

[Edited on 2/6/09 by oudakontrol]

bangford

posted on 8/6/09 at 09:18 PM
Hi guys, long time lurker...

Aften stumbling upon this thread whilst browsing (which I have done fairly often for a couple of years), I simply could not sit back and watch this appalling excuse for a legitimate trading company be discussed without expressing my total disapproval and disgust at the manner in which they conduct business.

I would rather not go into specifics regarding my numerous encounters with their "work", but sincerely hope that this message and the (seemingly many) others like it will make everybody think twice before letting this outfit spunk their hard earned cash up the proverbial wall.

All the best, and thanks for reading.

PS: Flak Monkey: You should be ashamed of yourself.

[Edited on 8/6/09 by bangford]

flak monkey

posted on 9/6/09 at 06:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bangford

PS: Flak Monkey: You should be ashamed of yourself.

It'll take a lot more than that.

If thats the thanks I get for trying to help people out you can &^*$ off

[Edited on 9/6/09 by flak monkey]

Sera

bangford

posted on 9/6/09 at 09:24 AM
quote:
It'll take a lot more than that.

I really don't doubt it.

quote:
If thats the thanks I get for trying to help people out you can &^*$ off

Exactly the standard of response I should have expected from someone associated with a slipshod con artist.

Congratulations on making a post which serves to do nothing but further the case of some justifiably angry (ex)customers.

mistergrumpy

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:26 AM
Hang on Bangford. I've so far refrained from posting on this thread but I now feel the need to.
I've had my problems with GTS and I will go into them if anyone is interested and I know others who have had problems too. It just seems that some people are having a shine taken to them by Darren and some not and that there's a refusal to accept each others experiences. Fine, I've had mine and won't use them again, lesson learned.
But you've just joined the forum and made your point which is fair enough but to go on and start criticising someone who's been on here for ages and offered good support to people. I think you're bang out of order. If you want to start like that I think you should p155 off onto Pistonheads or summat but keep off here. I personally think that someone is creating an alter ego to hide behind but either way, button it. You've nothing valuable to add so go back to where you came from.

[Edited on 9/6/09 by mistergrumpy]

bangford

posted on 9/6/09 at 10:43 AM
quote:
But you've just joined the forum and made your point which is fair enough

If it's fair enough, then why was I told to bleep off? It's this I was criticising him for, as you will see if you read my post.

mistergrumpy

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:06 AM
I took it be be the collective p155 off as he was referring to helping people out. Either way saying that he should be ashamed of himself? I can't say that I've ever asked for help from him but I know people who have and I've seen David at a few shows and he's always seemed very pleasant and sitting around chatting to people, generally on the MK stand with his car and the MK owners don't feel the need to tell him he should be ashamed and no one else on here has ever felt the need to say he should be ashamed so why should you?
Nice introduction to the site by the way. People generally say hello!

flak monkey

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bangford

Exactly the standard of response I should have expected from someone associated with a slipshod con artist.

Congratulations on making a post which serves to do nothing but further the case of some justifiably angry (ex)customers.

Let me make this quite clear, I am NOT affiliated with GTS in any way other than being a satisfied customer.

I have made offers on more than one occasion to help people out who have been having problems getting in touch with GTS. I do this off my own back and get nothing out of it other than knowing that I have at least tried to help out. This offer still stands to anyone who is having problems.

So should I feel ashamed? I dont think so.

But to be honest I dont give a monkies what you think. Rest assured when you ask for help, it won't be from me.

David

PS thanks for the support Chris.

Sera

bangford

posted on 9/6/09 at 11:26 AM
It's just that from what I've seen you appear to be a vehement defender of this company, who frankly have an appalling track record. I fail to see why.
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.