Poll: GTS betting fun [View Results]
Never - Forget it, DM, you've been robbed. Pigs will fly before you get those brakes. Get over it, move on.
Soon - They'll arrive any moment now. It wasnt GTS's fault, just the supplier / courier / weather / [any other excuse].
One day - It's unreasonable to expect delivery a mere 18 months after payment, shut up and be patient.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS betting fun
flak monkey

posted on 10/6/09 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
There werent any wobbles, not even a quiver.

What I gave was a sensible reply, in my opinion. If you want to take it any other way, feel free.

I dont have any more to say to you mr/mrs bangford on this forum. However, if the stupid remarks continue to be aimed at myself you shall be reported each and every time it happens.

[Edited on 10/6/09 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

bangford

posted on 10/6/09 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
I was talking about you, not to you.
Peteff

posted on 10/6/09 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
22 posts and not a useful comment among them, way to go man.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

UncleFista

posted on 10/6/09 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DM
> but have you tried the "small claims" track ?

I really cant be bothered, am hoping it wont be required.

Can't be bothered ?

It's £25 (that you get back) and 10 minutes filling in an online form.

Surely it's taken as much effort to post on here as that ?

As for not being required, he's had your hard-earned for 18 months !

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

sickbag

posted on 10/6/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Can't be bothered ?

It's £25 (that you get back) and 10 minutes filling in an online form.

Surely it's taken as much effort to post on here as that ?

As for not being required, he's had your hard-earned for 18 months !

You can also claim lost compound interest for the period as well, but . . . .

I think you should give Flak Monkey some more time to get the items for you, or to come to some agreement.

He seems to have done a good job for others so there's no reason he won't be able to do the same for you.

In my opinion threatening someone doesn't work - either work something out (prefered) or take legal action - don't threaten it.

Finally back on the job!

Myke 2463

posted on 10/6/09 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Flack / Eddie

Having never dealt with GTS myself i can understand the frustration, but why wait 18 months.
There is nothing i can see here in these threads to indicate what efforts have been made to rectify the situation.
Flack and Eddie are 2 fellow builders who are trying to help, at the end of the day they can only use the same telephone number and email as the rest of us.

This forum is getting more like the house of commons instead of a bunch of people who should behelping each other instead of moaning about one particular company.

If you visit this site every day like most of us you will find that there are other companies that take months in some cases to despatch parts. Lets try to be more positive and constructive like Flack / Eddie.

Mike.

Benzine

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myke 2463

This forum is getting more like the house of commons

Sweet. I'm off to claim for a supercharger on my expenses

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
flak monkey

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:

Awesome, can you claim for one for me too? You know you need to claim for 2 of everything now right?

Sera

eddie99

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:

Awesome, can you claim for one for me too? You know you need to claim for 2 of everything now right?

It will all still be locost i guess

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
DM

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

In response to DM's original post, I will help you resolve your problem, if I can.

Thanks very much for the offer but Eddie has already been in touch on my behalf (which is much appreciated) so no need.

Both yourself and Eddie are indeed doing a fine job by offering to help out, it’s a shame some people don’t get that.

In response to the comments saying I should take legal action - yes I probably should and maybe one day I will - but I'd still like to see this sorted out without having to do so. And no, Im not going round there and take them off him myself.

Having waited 18 months already, Im quite happy to wait a little longer for a result... so long as I can poke fun at GTS in the meantime

Incidentally, this thread was entirely about poking fun at GTS and I totally concede that it is in no way constructive. But I feel I'm entitled to that - this is not a matter of Darren *forgetting* to post the parts - we had a conversation in which he refused to ever hand them over and hasn’t returned any of my communication since!

Steve G

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
First off well done to the two guys that are doing their level best to help people with problem deliveries/orders.

GTS owner forum members shouldnt have to chase problem orders up for other forum members......... and if they are, then why on earth do said members keep defending the reputation of GTS so strongly??? Baffles me!!

If intervention is required on a regular basis then service is pi$$ poor - so why keep defending the company all the time??

Land Locked

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
However, if the stupid remarks continue to be aimed at myself you shall be reported each and every time it happens.

Flak, that is the best choice, report him and ignore him.

omega0684

posted on 10/6/09 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
GTS owner forum members shouldnt have to chase problem orders up for other forum members.........

Couldn't agree more

[Edited on 10/6/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
I havent defended GTS in the slightest, infact if you care to actually read my last couple of posts (and most of my old ones on the subject) I have openly said that what's happened is unacceptable and should never have been allowed to get this far. Hence the offer of helping people.

Again, if people think that I should not devote some time and energy to helping some fellow LCB members out then so be it. What I do NOT expect is comments like that from you Alex.

I really do wish some people would read.

Sera

DM

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
so why keep defending the company all the time??

You know there is a good business buried deep in there somewhere, that's struggling to see the light of day. If only he'd sort things out!

eddie99

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez im honestly getting the feeling its becoming me and David versus everyone else???

We arent purposely defending the company.... Maybe its coming over to you as defending because we are trying to get bits to people who are owed it.

JUD

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Jeez im honestly getting the feeling its becoming me and David versus everyone else???

We arent purposely defending the company.... Maybe its coming over to you as defending because we are trying to get bits to people who are owed it.

Eddie/Flak

I get what you are saying. I think you are trying your hardest to help out, and for some reason you guys are getting a load of flak (no pun intended).

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

DM

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

sorry guys, Ive been trying to point that out that you've both been helpful and dont think anyone that reads your posts properly will think you're defending them.

I thank you both whilst continuing to blow raspberries in the general direction of GTS

Steve G

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I really do wish some people would read.

I'm guessing that was aimed towards me, so i'll reply and say i have read a fair few threads about GTS not delivering and to be honest you do seem to get quite defensive.

One comment you made stated "its all about the way in which you deal with some people. " - well sorry but GTS are operating a business and its totally irrelevant how you speak to them. If the company takes the money then they are entering into a legally binding agreement to supply goods or services, so its not then up to how they are spoken to as to whether they deliver. Its clear that you are trying your best to help fellow members so i can only commend you for this, but my main point was that you really shouldnt be put in the position where you are having to defend yourself on here by needing to intercede on behalf of members so often. Its clearly an issue that GTS have had for years and havent solved, and they can hardly say they are too busy or have short term cash flow issues when they find time and money to develop a new car in this GT40 that was mentioned (which to me says "expand the business" - when they seemingly cant run it very efficiently at the level its at.)

[Edited on 11/6/09 by Steve G]

omega0684

posted on 10/6/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
What I do NOT expect is comments like that from you Alex.

alright mate calm down, im just agreeing to what has been stated by someone else, im entitled to my opinion and from a previous post you said that i'd had no dealing with gts, how do you know that, i may have bought something from them 18 months ago and still have been waiting for it, the fact that i haven't posted on the forum about it would be a different matter (maybe i wouldn't want to make it a public affair)

i know that you have stuck your neck out several times to help other people out that have ordered stuff from GTS & to say the least, have been let down by their lack of efficiency in the delivery dept. personally i think this is very generous and admirable of you & ed to go the extra mile.

its all being well poeple saying that the company is turning around etc etc, but i've always gone by the saying the proof is in the pudding, and obviously from this post there is no proof & no pudding! (with reference to this post)

I HAVE NEVER MEANT TO CAUSE OFFENCE TO YOU OR EDDIE AS FELLOW LCB'S & PLEASE DON'T THINK IM JUMPING ON THE BAND WAGON, IM NOT, IM JUST STATING WHAT IM SEEING FROM MY PERSPECTIVE!

[Edited on 10/6/09 by omega0684]

nludkin

posted on 10/6/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I think David and Eddie should definately get a lot more credit than some people on here are giving them. I personally got stung by GTS a few years ago and am still interested when people say that they are making a fresh start as I do believe that they sell good products and if they ever cleaned up their act I would order from them again.

However, having had many unproductive phone conversations with Darren it seems that if he "throws his toys out the pram" but you still want your parts then you need a 3rd person to intervene.

That person should ideally be a member of staff at GTS (Ideally someone more organised and courteous, Scott perhaps if he still works there?)

I hate to say it, but keeping David and Eddie on side is probably the best chance you will ever see your money/product again. And it's not even their job!!

eddie99

posted on 10/6/09 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ok Guys, well thanks to those who appreciate our efforts.

As regards to chasing up in an earlier post, i still believe that with virtually every kitcar company i have ever dealt with.

Darren has told me that he is trying his hardest to turn the company around, and from what im seeing and hearing he is.

Earlier someone said i would have sleepless nights if i was him - well i have been speaking to him 7am in the morning some times and 11pm at night and have met him way later than 6pm at night.

Fortunately a few people that i have helped have now received their parts but its not everyone yet. Darren is working on it. The bits that people have ordered and paid for recently, are getting your parts asap and please let me know if you arent but i've heard nothing but good stories from recent times.

But its the problems that he had 18months ago - 2 years ago that are taking longer to solve because its all coming out of his profits on current orders....

But again i dont work for GTS, and therefore dont have hardcore evidence of this and all i can give is my word. I believe that Darren is trying hard.

Thanks

Ed

gazza285

posted on 11/6/09 at 04:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
But its the problems that he had 18months ago - 2 years ago that are taking longer to solve because its all coming out of his profits on current orders....

That must be very inconvenient for him, did the money he got for the old orders evaporate or something?

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

jeffw

posted on 11/6/09 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
I applaud Flak and Eddie for their efforts (which shouldn't be necessary but welcome never the less).

However.....most of the issues with Darren and GTS are not 'delivery issues' or long lead times, it a deliberate act by Darren not to supply having received the monies. There are many reasons why he refuses to supply (probable using money from Paul to pay Peter) but the fact remains he has taken monies and failed to supply. He has had his ebay account suspended or disabled for this very reason. I would be surprised if he can still take credit cards as the Banks Merchant services would have cut him off by now.

This is fraud and\or theft and would not be out of place on Watchdog. The guy has scammed many people out of £000s. I don't care if his product is good or that he is delivering on time now....the guy shouldn't be trading.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.