Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SOME MORE POSITIVES FOR DARREN
oudakontrol

posted on 20/11/09 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
SOME MORE POSITIVES FOR DARREN

Praise given where praise is deserved.
I to have given Darren a hard time with an order I gave some time back. Although way past delivery date Darren has stepped up to the plate and come good. Part of the order will arrive in Australia this Sunday.
In saying that I changed the order as some items I did not need anymore and he was more than happy to help me out with even parts he does not stock, can't ask for any more than that.
Hopefully the rest of the order will come soon, and I know it will

Thanks Darren.....

Cheers

cd.thomson

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
no need to shout

Craig

TimC

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
What is this; the resurrection?

[Edited on 20/11/09 by TimC]

Fozzie

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Taking my 'Admin' hat off for a couple of minutes.....

I am very pleased for you (oudacontrol) that you are getting your bits at long last.....

But why the shouting and praise?
Seemingly he has owed you this stuff for quite a while?

Surely he should be praising you and your patience .....?

Anyway, here is hoping your parts arrive soon, a very small step in the right direction.

I'm just keeping fingers crossed for the rest who are still waiting.....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Staple balls

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
I am very pleased for you (oudacontrol) that you are getting your bits at long last.....

But why the shouting and praise?
Seemingly he has owed you this stuff for quite a while?

Surely he should be praising you and your patience .....?

Anyway, here is hoping your parts arrive soon, a very small step in the right direction

This is what I've been thinking.

Sure, he was kind enough not to rob you blind, but that's hardly worthy of praise.

Do you cheer every time the person behind the checkout in a shop does their job? Same thing.

Step in the right direction no doubt, but not IMO worthy of praise.

oudakontrol

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
I'm just happy...

Merry Christmas all........................

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
I see where he's coming from - having never had any direct dealings with Darren, I really can't comment too much. But from what I can see, aside from the fact that people always moan about Darren's poor service etc., he's actually gone out of his way to help on this occasion.

There is usually a negative stigma attached to GTS, but it seems that things may be on the up now. Not excusing the historical wrongdoings, but a bit of praise (for lack of a better word) where it's due does offset all the negativity felt towards GTS Tuning.

Or maybe it's just me happy to see another GTS builder?!?

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

flak monkey

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Good news at last. I know how much of a haslle you have had getting these parts and I am just relieved that Darren has finally got it sorted.

Hopefully everything will arrive safely.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Steve G

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oudakontrol Part of the order will arrive in Australia this Sunday.

Do you actually know from a tracking number that the parts are on the way?? If not and its just on Darren's say-so - then i wouldnt be too quick to praise anyone judging from all the broken promises that he has made previously!!

I'm baffled as to these recent "Praise" posts anyway. The company enters into a legal obligation to supply parts, doesnt do it in the legally stipulated time (28 days unless otherwise notified) and then gets praise for it!! LOL

I'd say get the parts in your hand before praising any company, and if they've gone out of there way to do over and above what they should THEN by all means post about it. Try asking Zen about the promises he had!!!

Fozzie

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
I see where he's coming from - having never had any direct dealings with Darren, I really can't comment too much. But from what I can see, aside from the fact that people always moan about Darren's poor service etc., he's actually gone out of his way to help on this occasion.

There is usually a negative stigma attached to GTS, but it seems that things may be on the up now. Not excusing the historical wrongdoings, but a bit of praise (for lack of a better word) where it's due does offset all the negativity felt towards GTS Tuning.

Or maybe it's just me happy to see another GTS builder?!?

Admin hat off again.........
Look at this thread (last page)
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=116018&page=4

Whilst I am very happy for oudakontrol ... I don't think that after paying out and waiting over 2 years is worthy of praise, nor of praise that Darren 'has gone out of his way'.
Nor have the parts actually arrived yet.

I would suspect that 2 LB forum members have done their utmost behind the scenes to get this resolved for the OP........... if that is so, they deserve the praise IMHO.......

All above is IMHO of course.

I just think you are happy to see another GTS builder

Fozzie

oldtimer

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
I have stayed out of the GTS debate in the past. I have not, and probably will not, buy parts from GTS. I think this possitive praise for doing what you have been paid to do, and apparently nothing more (and also apparently less than you were paid to do) is illogical. I have not bought a kit but bought my parts, mostly second-hand and some new, from countless sources. They have all arrived, in time and as ordered. This is normal. If there has been personal contact then I will usually confirm parts arrived safe and well, and thank you.

That is all. Praise for part-completed late delivery is crazy. I can only assume this is a thinly veiled attempt to get on the good side of GTS so that your chances of getting your order increase. The suppliers of parts I have used have ALWAYS delivered.

[Edited on 20/11/09 by oldtimer]

oudakontrol

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
I don't want to get into a pi$$ing war of words, maybe praise was a little to heart warming for some, but hey I'm an Aussie.
I am happy Darren went down the road of putting things right, he could have waited till I went to court and then paid me a measly few bob a week until the debt was paid, and this was a possibility but he chose to sort it out finally, this is what I "praised him for" finally doing the right thing when he could have chosen something else.
And yes I do have a tracking number, and yes TNT couriers called me to confirm arrival for this Sunday, and yes I am still happy.

Merry Christmas all !

Steve G

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Keep us informed of your delivery Sunday - and i'm sure everyone hopes you get ALL your parts.

Good luck!!

oldtimer

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
You might want to change the description of what you are building before Darren sees it!

See, I can be cheery - it come from being an Australian too.

[Edited on 20/11/09 by oldtimer]

Findlay234

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
This is what gets me about ebay feedback... what the hell is...

@~@~@@~@ A* SELLER PERFECT THANK YOU.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or

+++++++++++++ BEST SELLER EVER!!++++++++++++

really? are they? or is it just that you expected it not to arrive and when you did you were surprised....

I tend to just write...
Product arrived promptly as advertised, thanks.

I completely agree with only giving great feedback for a company that goes over and above, such as the company I have been purchasing cameras off at work. Their sales guy couldnt find the lenses we wanted so went round to a local electrical store and got them over the counter for us and didnt charge us for them. ok not good that they could source them themselves in time for us but what customer service in going out and getting them by what ever means they could!!! The company is http://www.premierelect.co.uk/

cheers

eddie99

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Great to hear it Tony... Hope it arrives safely.
Thanks
Ed

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Fozzie

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
Keep us informed of your delivery Sunday - and i'm sure everyone hopes you get ALL your parts.

Good luck!!

+1

Benzine

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cd.thomson

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Benzine, I think you must make meme based jokes purely for your own amusement.

No doubt you confuse the hell out of some of the older guys/girls on here

Craig

Findlay234

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Im not old (26) and im confused
Benzine

posted on 20/11/09 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
Benzine, I think you must make meme based jokes purely for your own amusement.

pretty much!

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 20/11/09 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
31 and and have never understood what he was going on about since he just started putting a Volvo engine in and then all the wierdness started. Wonder if there's a link?
speedyxjs

posted on 20/11/09 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Findlay234
Im not old (26) and im confused

Older than me (23)

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

cd.thomson

posted on 20/11/09 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 22 and I understand all his mutterings, you're just past it speedy

Craig

oudakontrol

posted on 29/11/09 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Do you actually know from a tracking number that the parts are on the way?? If not and its just on Darren's say-so - then i wouldnt be too quick to praise anyone judging from all the broken promises that he has made previously!!

Parts for first shipment arrived as stated...

All parts are of very good quality. Alot of Wilwood pieces so quality is expected. The parts GTS TUNING fabricated for me such as the De Dion, guards and a few others are of very good quality. I have purchased some pieces from other manufacturers including here in Australia and Darrens are up there with the best.
All parts were packed extremely well to safe guard against damage during transit.
Again it has been some time with this issue of mine but at least Darren is doing the right thing to correct the past. Thankyou.
Cheers

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.