Author: Subject: I'm sure she started out denying it
iank

posted on 8/1/10 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure she started out denying it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8447784.stm

... oh yes, she did
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8289159.stm

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

coozer

posted on 8/1/10 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Its on Sky news atm

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/1/10 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
yeah but she was denying that she drove away without leaving details based on some witness statement.

But the first article says that charge was dropped once it had been established that she had infact left them.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paul the 6th

posted on 8/1/10 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
£15 victim charge as well, bonus
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
r1_pete

posted on 8/1/10 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
It all seems a bit odd, ok she hit someones car whilst parking or exiting, if there was no damage, no injuries, no insurance claims what is the problem?

I'm sure any of us not 'in the public eye' folk, in a similar situation would feel pretty narked at getting a £90 fine and 3 points.

I think attempts were made to make an example of her, but an example of what?

Maybe there's more than meets the eye.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 8/1/10 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
It's presumably using the mobile phone that lead to the 'driving without due care and attention' conviction and fine. Fair enough.
Daddylonglegs

posted on 8/1/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry r1_pete, but if the law says I cannot use the phone even if I'm parked in a lay-by but with the engine running then how is reversing the car whilst on the phone any different. I would be knarked, you're right, but then I never use the phone whilst driving unless it's on bluetooth. If it's that important they'll ring again.

Moan over

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

02GF74

posted on 8/1/10 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
makes nit odds, we'll end up paying as she'll claim it on expenses.

r1_pete

posted on 8/1/10 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Sorry r1_pete, but if the law says I cannot use the phone even if I'm parked in a lay-by but with the engine running then how is reversing the car whilst on the phone any different. I would be knarked, you're right, but then I never use the phone whilst driving unless it's on bluetooth. If it's that important they'll ring again.

Moan over

JB

If she'd been done for using the phone, I would agree, but that was dropped....

Liam

posted on 8/1/10 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Just noticed that bit! Getting a DWDCA and £440 just for a no-damage 'parking incident' does indeed seem a little harsh!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.