Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: gts service
Stuart_B

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
gts service

hi all, just like to say, a quick service from gts tunning, need a couple of rear brakes brackets, order Monday here this morning .

good servie

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

scootz

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hurrah and Huzzah!

It's Evolution Baby!

eznfrank

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
That's good to hear, not heard many rants about them recently, maybe Darren is turning things around?
James

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
That's good to hear, not heard many rants about them recently, maybe Darren is turning things around?

Yeah it could be that... or many people have just realised it's best not to buy anything from them!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

eddie99

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
**Cough **Cough

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
omega0684

posted on 16/6/10 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 16/6/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
what is a huzzah anyway?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scootz

posted on 16/6/10 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
what is a huzzah anyway?

I'm glad you asked Blake!

Huzzah (originally huzza, and in some North American dialects hurrah) is an English interjection of joy or approbation. According to the Oxford English Dictionary it is "apparently a mere exclamation"[1]. The dictionary does not mention any specific derivation. Whatever its origins, it has seen occasional literary use since at least the time of Shakespeare. The North American spelling gave rise to the phrase "the last Hurrah", meaning a final, significant incident within a greater event, which became popular after it was used as the title of Edwin O'Connor's 1956 novel The Last Hurrah.

USAGE:

Huzzah may be categorized with such interjections as hoorah and hooray. According to the OED, "In English the form hurrah is literary and dignified; hooray is usual in popular acclamation."
In common usage, such as cheers at sporting events and competitions, the speaker need not make distinction and the words are distinguished by regional dialect and accent. However there are certain circumstances where the huzzah form is preferred; for example, it is customary for rowing crews of Magdalene College, Cambridge to celebrate victories with a chant of "hip hip huzzah".
It may also be used to describe significant and positive aspects of a topic, as in, "The seminar focused on Julia Child's culinary huzzahs."
Though it is often pronounced /həˈzɑː/, Alexander Pope's An Essay on Man (1734), line 256, rhymes the second syllable as /ˈzeɪ/, as in hooray.

MILITARY

The origin of the word in its various forms is not clear, but it may have been influenced by war cries from various languages: the OED suggests Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Russian and Prussian words that may have played a part. Jack Weatherford asserts that it comes from the Mongolian Hurree, used by Mongol armies and spread throughout the world during the Mongol Empire of the 1200s.[2], but he does not appear to present any supporting evidence. Weatherford says that in Mongolian Hurree is a sacred praise much like amen or hallelujah.
The OED notes that in the 17th and 18th centuries it was identified as a sailor's cheer or salute, and suggests that it was possibly related to words like heeze and hissa which are cognates of hoist.
In the 18th and early 19th centuries, three "huzzahs" were given by British infantry before a charge, as a way of building morale and intimidating the enemy. The book Redcoat: The British Soldier in the Age of Horse and Musket by Richard Holmes indicates that this was given as two short "huzzahs" followed by a third sustained one as the charge was carried out.
According to Jean Paul Roux the word "Hurrah" comes from Old Turkic, in use until medieval times. In his book, History of Turks he states:
...For example, while attacking to their enemies, they (Turks) used to shout "Ur Ah!" which means "Come on, hit!" (In modern Turkish 'Haydi Vur!' Then this exclamation turned into "Hurrah!" in West...

It's Evolution Baby!

COREdevelopments

posted on 16/6/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^ A-Star for that explanation
well done!!

blakep82

posted on 16/6/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, there was me just thinking it was just another word that americans have started and we copied. don't like it anyway. i won't be using it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ZEN

posted on 16/6/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe this is the right time for me to contact Darren and get my rear suspension parts after more then a year.

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

A1

posted on 17/6/10 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote
Ill never buy from them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.