Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK cage on GTS
SALAD

posted on 17/2/13 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
MK cage on GTS

Ignoring the need for plates/fixing points at the moment and without opening a mass discussion about FIA/MSA/bends etc, I would like to know if a full MK rollcage will fit a GTS chassis?

I don't have my GTS chassis nearby to measure so I was hoping someone will know.

Also, the one on MK's site appears to sit lower (closer to scuttle and driver, even with the aero screen/bulge) than some other MK cages I've seen. I prefer the look of that lower cage and just wondered if they have changed the design?

http://www.mksportscars.com/parts-chassis.html

40inches

posted on 17/2/13 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Don't have a roll cage, but I can get some measurements from the chassis, if that helps?

big_wasa

posted on 17/2/13 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
The panther is 25mm taller at the rear bulk head than a book locost. And I "thought" the Mk is more like the book in dimensions ?
big-vee-twin

posted on 17/2/13 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
The Panther is taller at the nosecone, bonnet line, scuttle and rear bulkhead.

It was made that way to accomodate taller twin cam engines, width is about the same

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

austin man

posted on 17/2/13 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
the Mk is taller than the original book chasis I believe by 1 " to accomadate at the time the pinto which was taller than the kent engine

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

SALAD

posted on 17/2/13 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys. I will have to measure my chassis and decide on what cage to go with.
MK said they could make their cage to my desired height so that's good.

I'm kind of back to square one really then, with a need for seats and screen in order to get the required heights, measurements and angles.

big_wasa

posted on 17/2/13 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin

It was made that way to accomodate taller twin cam engines, width is about the same

Chassis wise its just the rear bulkhead thats taller ie back of the seats. That forward is the same dims as the book with the ears cut off the very front. Its the fiber glass that makes the front an inch taller.

big-vee-twin

posted on 17/2/13 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin

Chassis wise its just the rear bulkhead thats taller ie back of the seats. That forward is the same dims as the book with the ears cut off the very front. Its the fiber glass that makes the front an inch taller.

agreed, it all depends if he is using GTS panels I suppose

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.