Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New GTS Contact number
dozracing

posted on 6/12/04 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
New GTS Contact number

Hi all,

I have changed my mobile number to 07859005985

The old one will now divert to my home answer phone. Once setup i shall change the answer phone message to give the new mobile number. The website is already updated.

This is a 3 video mobile, so in theory i can show people products etc, over the phone.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 6/12/04 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
good luck getting reception on the 3g networks... Hope this doesn't make you difficult to get hold of, last time i heard they only had 60% coverage or something!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 6/12/04 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - I've only heard bad things about 3, out of the capital! However, bad news travels much faster than good...

...if you can get reception that is!

paulbeyer

posted on 6/12/04 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Darren,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will soon find that changing to 3 was a mistake. Their coverage and data transfer capabilities leave a lot to be desired. I was a 3G / UMTS engineer until recently and no one in the telecoms industry has a 3 phone because they are poo.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

dozracing

posted on 6/12/04 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
2g and 2.5g reception is same as other networks.

3g is at 79% apparently.

Still i didn't get reception with Vodafone at workshop or fabricators, so i can't be that much worse off.

3 tariff is almost twice as many free minutes for half the cost as vodafone.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

MikeRJ

posted on 6/12/04 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I thought the whole point was that the phone would fall back to the O2 network if there was no 3G coverage? Is that no longer the case?
blueshift

posted on 7/12/04 at 01:36 AM Reply With Quote
it's the theory. maybe it thinks it has a 3g signal when it's too weak to work or whatever. I know two people with 3g phones, both of them are uncontactable half the time or more. One of them has put the 3g phone away and uses a vodaphone until the 3g network gets better.
MikeR

posted on 7/12/04 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
I don't have a 3g phone ......... but my mate works in the industry reselling pda's that use the mobile network with bits of software they develop.

Basically the 3g doesn't work very well - the best thing you can do is get a 3g phone, complain loudly and try and get them to give you an o2 phone...... then you get the free minutes and decent coverage

dozracing

posted on 8/12/04 at 05:43 AM Reply With Quote
I'm glad to report that i get a very strong signal at the workshop that i never got on vodafone. Also the 3g thing seems to work most of the time. Certainly at home and out and about round the M25 yesterday.

ned

posted on 8/12/04 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Spoke to Darren on the new phone last night, can't be that bad, maybe area dependant i guess or falling back to o2 as suggested?!

Ned.

James

posted on 9/12/04 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
Spoke to Darren on the new phone last night, can't be that bad,

It may have been for him! God, I crack myself up!

Sorry Ned, but you make it too easy!

James

[Edited on 9/12/04 by James]

ned

posted on 9/12/04 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
james, get a grip boy!

ps how's the mclaren replica coming along?

[Edited on 9/12/04 by ned]

dozracing

posted on 9/12/04 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
You two are great for my business.

Not only are you both very supportive, but, you give me a great example for any interested parties on why you should buy a kit rather than try building one!!!

Ian Pearson

posted on 15/12/04 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know if Darren's 3G phone is still working. I rang and left a message on the 11th, same again today, but no reply?? Noticed that he's been active here, so perhaps it's the Christmas rush?
Ian Pearson

posted on 15/12/04 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Well no sooner had I pressed "Post Reply" when the phone rang. Parts to be delivered by 17.30 today!

Cheers Darren

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.