Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stannah 300 stairlift LED diagnostics help
indykid

posted on 1/9/16 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Stannah 300 stairlift LED diagnostics help

I have a stannah 300 stairlift that was fitted in our house by the previous occupants. It worked fine until the charger packed up a year or so ago. I've since replaced the charger and on turning it back on, it cooked one of the TVS diodes on the chair swivel PCB. I've replaced the TVS diode, but it's still refusing to move.

I have power to the main board, all the interlocks are closed and I have 14V at the switch terminals of the main PCB at appropriate times. On the main PCB, there are 6 diagnostics LEDs. On first powering up, I have LED 6 on constant (5V supply ok, apparently) and LED 4 blinking (software ok, so i assume the chip isn't goosed) which I believe is normal operation, however, on holding the chair switch for more than a second or two, I get LED 5 on constant. Pushing the direction switch doesn't energise any relays.

Do we have any stairlift technicians in the house that may be able to shed some light (no pun intended) on the fault indicated by LED 5? I've done my best googling, but only managed to find the meaning of LEDs 3, 4 and 6.

We only wanted to keep it for my ailing Grandad and shifting furniture up and down the stairs. It's not worth throwing a load of money at but before it's condemned, I'd like to try save it, especially if it only wants a component or two on the board.

Cheers,
Tom

stevebubs

posted on 2/9/16 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Presume you've checked the fuses on the main board?

[Edited on 2/9/16 by stevebubs]

gremlin1234

posted on 2/9/16 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't find anything for the 300, but did fine this (note site is quite slow)
http://www.dolphinlifts.co.uk/images/library/documents/stannah-260-wiring-smaller.pdf

rgrs

posted on 2/9/16 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Check the batteries in the chair, if it was without power for that long they are probably u/s

Roger

indykid

posted on 3/9/16 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies.

Steve, fuses on both boards have continuity.

Gremlin, thanks for looking and for the link, but I think the 260 must have a different led setup. The 300 only has 6 red LEDs so I didn't want to infer anything from the 260 manual.

Roger, surprisingly, both batteries appear to be ok after a charge, but I'll double check.

rgrs

posted on 3/9/16 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Also dependant on version, if it has a motorised foot plate this also has a separate battery

Roger

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.