Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is Peugeot blue/purple paint hard to match
smart51

posted on 27/8/17 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Is Peugeot blue/purple paint hard to match

My Mrs has scraped the back door of her Peugeot 207 which is a dark blue colour that looks sort of cadbury purple in direct sunlight. She took it in to a place for an estimate and they said they'd have to paint both doors and the side panel to make sure it looks the same. And charge accordingly. Is it a difficult colour to match or should we go elsewhere?
owelly

posted on 27/8/17 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Some colours are more difficult to match and it's not just the colour as such. The 'depth' of the paint can make some colours look wrong in certain light. I suggest you try to find a second hand door that is already the correct colour and fit that!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gremlin1234

posted on 27/8/17 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I suggest you try to find a second hand door that is already the correct colour and fit that!
Ditto

JeffHs

posted on 28/8/17 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
I tried and failed to find a paint match for my wife's old Fiesta. Colour is Vitro which is a greenish silver and looks different depending on the light.The suppliers who match to your reg or VIN came up with a very wrong colour so I gave up and paid the local pros who did a good cheapish job for cash. They who put me on to VRS in Derby who match to samples. The body shop guy said, although I've not confirmed it, that they will do aerosols too.
Might be worth a try
https://www.qpaints.co.uk/contacts/

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 28/8/17 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Most modern paints / cars you need to blend the panels next to the repaired panel as it won't match all body shops should tell you that it not a con just the only way you can get a decent match .
nick205

posted on 29/8/17 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
The colour may be "China Blue" (we had a 306 that colour).

I've had body shops try an wring a bit more work (money) for repairs before. They can be right with some colours, but unless you're looking to maximise the sale value of the car then I'd look around for a 2nd hand part in the right colour.

A few years back I had a couple of car park door dings repaired on a black car. First body shop wanted to repaint the whole car. Second body shop simply filled the dings, sprayed the door and you really couldn't tell - apart from the car looked better without the dings!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.