Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: chassis plans
ade

posted on 23/12/03 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
chassis plans

have gts given any indication when they will start selling plans for their chassis as mentioned on their web site.
dozracing

posted on 24/12/03 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ade,

I'm finishing off the drawings at the moment. Will be ready in first week of Jan.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Damo

posted on 9/1/04 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
I might be interested in these plans aswell if they are available yet? What sort of price will they be? Is the chasis based on a Sierra Donor car?
Barry

posted on 10/1/04 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Put me down as interested in the chassis plans as well. In the meantime I'll keep watching this space.
dozracing

posted on 17/1/04 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Plans are ready. £10 delivered per drawing pack. I'll probably keep adding more detail to the drawings as and when people request more information. I'll send out all updates free to those who have previously purchased drawing packs.

Kind regards,
Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
supercat

posted on 19/1/04 at 01:59 AM Reply With Quote
Are they the plans for the De-Dion chassis? And can you buy them on the website (couldn't see them)?

Cheers.

dozracing

posted on 19/1/04 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
They are plans for the DeDion chassis, and they will be available from the website late this evening.

Kind regards,

Darren

supercat

posted on 19/1/04 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Darren, I'll check it out later.

James

Screwy

posted on 19/1/04 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
thats great news having decided to go the de dion route this is a timely post many thanks

btw Hi first post and all that

blueshift

posted on 20/1/04 at 04:05 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the "de dion gang"
Damo

posted on 3/2/04 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
How long is the delivery time on the plans? Im just itching to start cutting up the metal for my frame, i've also arranged for a welding friend of mine to help me weld the whole thing together.
dozracing

posted on 4/2/04 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Chassis plans should be with you before the end of today.

There will be another update to them coming very soon, when i include all the suspension and steering bracket positions. The current plans will allow you to crack on with the chassis.

Kind regards,

Darren

Damo

posted on 5/2/04 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks very much Darren, the plans look great, they turned up yesterday afternoon, now all ive gotta make up a cutting list and get going.
JP32

posted on 20/2/04 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis plans

Hi, I'am kind of new in building my own car. In the past i build a striker and a burton (based on a 2cv).
I would like to build now compleatly my own car and design my own chassis. Can annybody fordward his chassisplan (dion) to me? Solidworks or Cad drawing will do. jaap_stratingh@hotmail.com

Thanks, JP

ned

posted on 20/2/04 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Your best bet is to contact darren direct, i doubt anyone who's paid for the plans will be willing to give you a copy. Darren usually supplies them as pdf i think, he'd have the original cad drawings so again, speak to him direct.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

dozracing

posted on 20/2/04 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I'm not inclined to give the CAD drawings out of the chassis. You can buy the paper copies for £10 from my website and redraw it, i think this is your best bet. Or start from scratch and do something new and exciting.

Kind regards,
Darren

JP32

posted on 20/2/04 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry sorry sorry. I didn't look close enough. Did not realise that you are selling those plans. If i realy need them i will order them at your site!!
At the moment i am already bussy to draw my own chassis. My wheel base needs to be 106 inch long. Not realy a common lenght i think.
Going to build a Ford32 roadster. And do not whant to use a standard chassis.Would like to have a more sophisticated chasssis (like a locost)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.