Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sanyo HD camcorder and Sony Digital Camera for sale
bigandy

posted on 3/3/09 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
Sanyo HD camcorder and Sony Digital Camera for sale

I'm selling my Sanyo HD camcorder (model VPC-HD1010). I bought it about 6 weeks ago, along with a Sony camcorder to compare the two. Despite the Sanyo taking slightly better HD footage, I have decided to stick with the Sony one instead (or rather, SWMBO has forced me to stick with the sony one!).

The camcorder is in pristine condition, and has only been used for about 1 hour in total. It is boxed as new, and comes with ALL of the original accessories, manuals and software. If you bought a brand new one, the only difference would be the official seal on the box would not be broken!.

The camcorder itself is a marvel of engineering. Not only does it record video in full HD (1920x1080 resolution), it can also capture still photographs whilst filming! There are a plethora of settings and modes to play around with, and it is housed in a compact pistol grip style case, with a flip out LCD monitor. The recording medium is SD card (high capacity). The full list of specs can be found on the sanyo website here:

http://uk.sanyo.com/Products/View/VPC-HD1010

I paid just over £400 pounds for it. I'm happy to sell it for £350 ono. including special delivery (less if you want to pick it up from me in North Wales). The price also includes a decent carrying case. Any questions, just ask!

Also for sale is my Digital compact camera (Sony DSC-T200) This is around a year old, and is in perfect condition. It is an 8.1MP camera with a 5x optical zoom. The pictures it takes are marvellous quality, and it fits in a pocket really nicely. I am selling it to fund the purchase of a new DSLR camera It cost me around £250 new a year ago, and it is yours for £140 ono (inc special delivery). It is boxed, and comes with the PC connection lead, a 1Gb memory card, and a little carry case too. The large touchscreen lcd has a screen protector on it (and has from new). Full spec can be found on the sony website.

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

MikeRJ

posted on 4/3/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
take a look at this samsung, brand new, 13 MP for £ 100, metal body and in red too.

But that's not the same camera the OP is selling. If you can find a new Sony DSC-T200 for less than the price he is selling his you may have a point, but you are very unlikely to as they are at least £170 new.

Also more megapixels is not better. Manufacturers are playing the numbers game at the moment, and the those that don't know better are wooed by big numbers. The small, very high resolution imagers used in these compacts tend to suffer badly from noise in low light.

[Edited on 4/3/09 by MikeRJ]

Hellfire

posted on 4/3/09 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
The lens is the key - some older 2Mp camera's take better pictures than the latest breed of 8Mp...

Buyer beware - do your homework first...

Steve

bigandy

posted on 4/3/09 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed the lens is the key, hence why I am going for a DSLR instead of a digital compact

Don't get me wrong, the pictures this little Sony churns out are pretty damn good considering the tiny lens

Cheers
Andy

PS. I'm open to offers on both of the above too. They are heading for Ebay this weekend otherwise

Dammit! Too many decisions....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.