Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spectre For Sale
eddie99

posted on 9/5/09 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Spectre For Sale

Hi Guys, My brother has recently aquired a spectre r45, he is trying to sell it and has asked if i can put it on here for him:

Heres the link for pictures:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/918656.htm

Heres the Advert:

Why buy a kit car when you can have a real supercar for less money?

Spectre R45 Prototype - Needs Work.

This is the one of the very rare Spectre R45s supercars cars that were manufactured. This car was the first one made and was Spectre's Motor Show car at Earls Court. It was used on the road and track by the factory but later had some parts removed when it was used as a static display model. It needs these parts refitting and some work making some items that have been lost over the years.

Another R45 recently changed hands for well over £30k.

Unique opportunity. Bodywork in excellent condition. Interior needs to be fitted. Most parts included to complete. Comes with new (old stock) Ford 4.6 litre Mustang Cobra SVT 32 Valve quad-cam engine and 6-speed Getrag transmission. No welding required, as car has been stored indoors all its life and chassis is totally rust-free. Ideal for someone who has kit car building experience and the time to spend on it. It has been previously registered and used on the road and a V5 registration document is included. So it will be fully road legal once an MOT has been passed and will not need to pass the expensive (£450)IVA test.

The car can be viewed near Chelmsford in Essex.

U2U for more details

Thanks

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Guinness

posted on 9/5/09 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice!

mr henderson

posted on 9/5/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
If someone fancies that but is too busy to do the work referred to, I know someone who would be happy to help

John

Stuart_B

posted on 9/5/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
it is a very nice, car and engine, i have seen it and wished i was older and would beable to insure it.

it is a lot of motor for the money, it is a bargin.

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

welderman

posted on 10/5/09 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
whats the performance like on a car like this, weight, top speed etc

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

mr henderson

posted on 10/5/09 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
whats the performance like on a car like this, weight, top speed etc

Some useful info here-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_R42

John

eddie99

posted on 10/5/09 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
With the Mustang engine it should do 0-60 in just over 4 seconds and hit 180+mph

[Edited on 10/5/09 by eddie99]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mr henderson

posted on 10/5/09 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Unless there is something the ad isn't telling us, it looks like an amazing bargain. I just wish I had that much dosh handy

John

eddie99

posted on 10/5/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
The only thing that might be slightly misleading in the ad, is the amount of work to be done.... All those brackets to mount things etc..., it was once a running car so no need for IVA, just a MOT to get it on the road.

At the moment its a rolling chassis with brakes and steering. Driveshafts, engine, gearbox is all included in that price and for a bit more is all the production moulds for the bodywork.

mr henderson

posted on 10/5/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
The only thing that might be slightly misleading in the ad, is the amount of work to be done.... All those brackets to mount things etc..., it was once a running car so no need for IVA, just a MOT to get it on the road.

At the moment its a rolling chassis with brakes and steering. Driveshafts, engine, gearbox is all included in that price and for a bit more is all the production moulds for the bodywork.

Stop it, you're makng me drool.

Making brackets is something I do a lot of BTW

John

eddie99

posted on 14/5/09 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
SOLD as of last night, thanks for the interest!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.