Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1600 k series
24sheva

posted on 15/1/17 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
1600 k series

1600 k series that was used in a hillclimb 7 type car. Head was ported by Qed looks a very nice job i was told had better cams and valves in it? It made 150bhp and is fitted with a 1.4 flywheel and clutch so ready for a rwd application. The rest of the engine looks standard apart from a shallow caterham sump. It's just the long engine for sale no induction,exhaust, ingnition

£500

[Edited on 15/1/17 by 24sheva]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

NickB

posted on 18/1/17 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 24sheva
1600 k series that was used in a hillclimb 7 type car. Head was ported by Qed looks a very nice job i was told had better cams and valves in it? It made 150bhp and is fitted with a 1.4 flywheel and clutch so ready for a rwd application. The rest of the engine looks standard apart from a shallow caterham sump. It's just the long engine for sale no induction,exhaust, ingnition

£500

[Edited on 15/1/17 by 24sheva]

What mileage has this done?

Thanks

24sheva

posted on 18/1/17 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I don't actually know the mileage as it was bought out of a car without a speedo, the previous owner had used it in hillclimbs like I say and had upgraded his engine as tends to happen so I bought it as a spare . The nature of hill climbing would suggest it hasn't done much at all as he trailered the car to events I guess he used it for 2-3 seasons

Sorry can't be more helpful

NickB

posted on 19/1/17 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 24sheva
Hi

I don't actually know the mileage as it was bought out of a car without a speedo, the previous owner had used it in hillclimbs like I say and had upgraded his engine as tends to happen so I bought it as a spare . The nature of hill climbing would suggest it hasn't done much at all as he trailered the car to events I guess he used it for 2-3 seasons

Sorry can't be more helpful

OK thanks - don't supposed you know if it has forged internals - pistons/rods do you?

24sheva

posted on 20/1/17 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The previous owner told me it was std rods and Pistons crank think he reved it to 7200 which the standard items will cope with. There better not be any forged items in there as I've just spent a fortune on these items for another engine😀

NickB

posted on 23/1/17 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
OK - I think I will on this occasion then.

Good luck with the sale - you might have more interest selling head & cams separately...

NickB

posted on 23/1/17 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry - meant to add - would love to know what spec the cams are if you ever find out.

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.