Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4age Engine, Exhaust, manifold & zetec sump
snippy

posted on 24/9/20 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
4age Engine, Exhaust, manifold & zetec sump

Offered on here initially before I put on Ebay in a couple of days. Can`t upload any pics due to a Syntax error? So, U2U me your phone number or email and I can whatsapp/email you pics of anything.

Toyota 4age 1.6 16v engine with its original engine number stamped so ideal for anyone building and wanting to go through IVA. I fitted this engine in my Tiger and it took me through IVA in 2019 using twin webers and no catalyser. This engine was originally supplied by Raw Engineering but sat around for many years without being used before I acquired it. I stripped it due to it standing and replaced head gasket, all other gaskets and oil seals and also fitted a new cambelt and a new water pump. Once through IVA I only completed around 150 miles on this engine before removing it and swapping to a spare zetec engine I already had. Comes with a pair of steel engine mounts to make it fit an any Seven style kit car. Engine has been painted and looks lovely. There is a trigger wheel and sensor fitted to the crankshaft pulley to run with ECU`s such as Omex. I will also include a Toyota Starter Motor and both alternator mounting brackets. Clutch is also fitted with 23 splines for a type 9 fitment.
This is the stronger more desirable 7 rib block, 2nd generation 4age engine. It is also the desirable `Red Top` engine identifiable by the external oil drain at the back of the block on the intake side. The 7 rib engines were built to take the extra loads generated by the supercharger (4AGZE).
If required I can supply the buyer with a copy of an e-mail I received from Toyota which confirms this engine came from a year 1989 AE92 Corolla. Engine age proof is required for the IVA test. Letters from Toyota to prove engine age are very difficult to get. Using any pre year 1995 engines avoids the need for a catalyser - £450.00 - Collection Only

Bellhousing to bolt the 4age 1.6 16v engine to a Ford Type 9 Gearbox. These are over £230 new from places like RWD Motorsport, save some pennies - £120.00 (plus postage with Hermes)

Exhaust downpipes to fit 4age 1.6 16v engine complete with the 4 into 1 section. This exhaust was originally bought new from Raw Engineering and has only been used in my own car for the last 12 months covering 150 miles. Diameter of the pipe where a silencer joins is 51mm or 2 inches O/D - £100.00 (plus postage with Hermes)

Twin weber inlet manifold fits Toyota 4age 1.6 16v engine. Measures 50mm deep - £80 (plus postage with Hermes)

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Zetec Silvertop standard sump with oil pick up pipe - £30 (plus postage with Hermes)

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Zetec Silvertop Cam Cover - £30 (plus postage with Hermes)

Stay safe folks
Nick

[Edited on 24/9/20 by snippy]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Werner Van Loock

posted on 25/9/20 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
U2U sent

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sevaun

posted on 25/9/20 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snippy
Can`t upload any pics due to a Syntax error? So, U2U me your phone number or email and I can whatsapp/email you pics of anything.
[dited on 24/9/20 by snippy]

I have been having the same problem and getting the Syntax problem message. I've messaged ChrisW about this at the start of this month, but not heard from him. Is no one administering this forum anymore?

Rich

snippy

posted on 25/9/20 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
4age Engine, Bellhousing, Exhaust pipes & Manifold all prov sold.

Zetec bits still available.

BLing

posted on 26/9/20 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick,

Related but slightly OT question.

I’ve got a 4age small port on a pair of 45s that seems in good health in a fury, just thinking about options for upgrades. What sort of performance increase did you see going from the 4age to the Zetec?

Thanks,

Brian

snippy

posted on 26/9/20 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I did notice a big improvement to be honest. I`ve ran a zetec in my other car for over 12 yrs and find it goes really well. I had a spare zetec in my garage to use otherwise I wouldn`t have swapped. You need to take into consideration though that I had the 4age tuned to get through emissions test at IVA, not tuned for performance so the map was down on power. Once the zetec was installed I changed the map in the ECU too hence a big difference. The 4age is a great engine though as it revs much higher than a zetec. A well tuned 4age makes for a lively drive. I found swapping over to bike carbs also made a difference, they give a quicker response and are more fuel efficient. The cost of upgrading to something like a zetec needs to weighed up too. I would say a minimum £1,000. It cost me more this time around, prices have gone up since I last did the same upgrade. Could you do anything to improve your 4age such as different cams, head work, vernier pulleys, rolling road session?
BLing

posted on 27/9/20 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Brilliant thanks Nick

Just weighing up options at this point. At the moment the engine is running on the settings it came to me with. I do need to work through them to see if things can be improved. Hopefully an ignition map shouldn’t be to hard to find, it’s on an Omex 100. I have an AFR meter I can put in the car, so setting the AFR for full throttle on the 45s should be easy enough.

It’s mainly a road car so the idea of more torque generally appeals. Or I need a set of cams and some head work and just thrash it more :-)

I’m old school I remember a reground cam being £35, I’m not sure I can get my head around £500 just for the cams…

Brian

[Edited on 27/9/20 by BLing]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.