Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Possible group buy, suspension bushes and tubes.
emsfactory

posted on 1/12/07 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Possible group buy, suspension bushes and tubes.

Hi all,

probably one for those making their own bones this one.

I had some crush tubes and outer tubes made up for me by a cnc place local to me. I got him to give me prices for batches.

I bought some eurathane bushes from wisbech along with a couple of crush tubes and outers and had them made to the same size.

I havent found anywhere cheaper than wisbech so based on their prices.

Based on live axle

bush halfs 0.55p each x36 =19.80
stainless crush tubes £1.50 x18 =27.00
mild outers £2.00 x18 =36.00

total =82.80
+vat 97.29
+P+P not sure

would be over £100 anyway.

Group buy possibility

Buy 200+ bush halfs from wisbech
200x £0.40 =80.00
+vat =94.00
+ say £10P+P =104.00

£104/200 +£0.52 per bush half

36 x 0.52 =18.72
Including prices I got
Crush tubes in 316SS x18 £1.50 =27.00
Mild outers x18 £1.80 =32.40

Total =78.81

Plus postage at what ever that would be.

Would save about £20 odd.

i have to get the outers made in multiples of 100 and the inners in multiples of 70

The wisbech inners take a half inch bolt but we could change this to a M12 or whatever,

I had to spend Nearly £50 to get all my half inch bolts!

Anyone interested?

[Edited on 1/12/07 by emsfactory]

[Edited on 1/12/07 by emsfactory]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

emsfactory

posted on 1/12/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
I was just trying to pick out a sort of standard amount.
But If we can get enough I'm sure smaller number could be included at the same rate.

worX

posted on 1/12/07 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm also interested, but also for a smaller amount (for now), so I could share with Col if you wanted to maintain your numbers for now?

Steve

russbost

posted on 1/12/07 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a particular reason why you guys use the 12mm or 1/2" size - other than presumably it is what is in the book? It is vastly over engineered in terms of any likely loads you could ever put thro' it.

I use bushes & crush tubes which have a similar OD to the 12mm ones but take a 10mm bolt. I could supply suitable "C" mounts & the bushes & crush tubes are less than half the price you're talking about. I appreciate this isn't much help to anyone who already has their suspension mounts in place, but if you've not started yet it could save you a significant chunk of dough.

Be interested to hear your thoughts on this one.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
emsfactory

posted on 1/12/07 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'll leave this up for a while and see if there is enough interest.
I am not against using a smaller size and think it would be perfectly strong enough.

If you can supply the crush tube and outers at half that price how much would it be for the bushes?

Cheers.

russbost

posted on 2/12/07 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, having checked my supplier prices & realising I'd forgotten the VAT (I'm not VAT reg'd so no VAT on my prices but I'm unfortunately paying it on incoming prices) the difference isn't quite as much as I'd thought, but nevertheless it's cheaper & 10mm bolts will be cheaper than 12's too. I can supply a set of 8 complete assemblies, enough to do the front end upper & lower wishbones for example (this is outers, crush tubes & 2 x top hat bushes per assembly) for £32 plus P & P - the only other difference is that mine have mild steel inners but as these should be assembled with a silicon grease anyway should make no difference, offhand I don't recall what I'm paying for my bolts & can't find an invoice (I buy them in bulk & haven't bought any for a while), but will check with my supplier tomorrow, but I'm certain 18 X M10 bolts with locknuts would come out at a lot less than the £50 you mention.
I can't do anything significant with these prices for a group buy as they are already cut to the bone, but might save a few bob on P & P in bulk.

I shall be putting these bushes on my website within the next few days (whole load of new lines going on there) at a price slightly higher than this, but will always do 10% off for locosters on all my stuff, 15% on the flexy brake hoses. HTH

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
russbost

posted on 3/12/07 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention, can do the "C" brackets to mount the pivots in for £2.25 each, these are designed so that the bushes are fitted with spacers at each side to allow for caster adjustment, they also have 2 x 10mm holes in the base of the bracket so they can be bolted rather than welded if required to allow for tracking adjustment etc. HTH

emsfactory

posted on 3/12/07 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
The £50 was for more than 18 bolts. And some were 5 inches long. That price included washers, nylocs, VAT and shipping. Not too bad for 1/2 unf.

The group buy would be able to do the same 8 assemblies for £34.72 using 316 ss crushtubes.

[Edited on 13/12/07 by emsfactory]

emsfactory

posted on 13/12/07 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Bump.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.