Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: V-Twin unfinished project.
scotty g

posted on 11/12/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
V-Twin unfinished project.

Hi everybody, a mate of mine over here from Australia has been building a Locost project but due to circumstances beyond his control (his wife) he has to go back home earlier than planned.
it is based on the GTS +4 chassis, its all powder coated, the engine is a Suzuki TS1000 V-Twin with about 135 bhp.
the engine is in and all plumbed up, he started it up the other day and it sounds awesome, ticks over just lovely too.
His plan was to finish it and take it back to Oz so the quality is outstanding as they are super strict out there.
i will try and add some pictures tomorrow so you can see for yourselves.
If you want to know more then call Niel on 07928 731768.
Cheers.
Also the steering wheel, column and rack is all in and working, its taken from a BMW.
He has also fitted a BMW diff from a 5 series, the ratio is about 3.44 (ish), if this is not to your taste then he will be happy to convert it back to Sieera bits.

[Edited on 11/12/07 by scotty g]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nib1980

posted on 11/12/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
where is it, and how much is he wanting?
scotty g

posted on 11/12/07 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, forgot that bit, its in Kent and at this stage i think he is open to offers.
Confused but excited.

posted on 11/12/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

nib1980

posted on 11/12/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
i'll be intrerseted to see some piccys
scotty g

posted on 11/12/07 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sure guys, will take some piccies tomorrow & get them up for you all.
D Beddows

posted on 11/12/07 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Are you actually looking for a car to buy Nib1980 or are you in fact on a secret mission to create the world largest photographic database of 'cars that are or have ever been for sale' - or have you actualy been buying them all and now have a garage with about 50 Locosts in it........

Don't take offense btw I'm just curious - it's just you've seemed to pop up asking for photos of every car that's been offered for sale in the past few months....

nib1980

posted on 11/12/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
Are you actually looking for a car to buy Nib1980 or are you in fact on a secret mission to create the world largest photographic database of 'cars that are or have ever been for sale' - or have you actualy been buying them all and now have a garage with about 50 Locosts in it........

Don't take offense btw I'm just curious - it's just you've seemed to pop up asking for photos of every car that's been offered for sale in the past few months....

no offence taken, bit of both in all honesty, I'm working on a secret plan, but you'll all know when it come to play don't worry.

scotty g

posted on 13/12/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
As promised here are some photo's
scotty g

posted on 13/12/07 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
And another, note the BMW steering column and handbrake, the gearstick is in and working.
the area of floor where the seats are is steel welded in about half way up (or down) the chassis' lower rails so that any seat bolts wont be sticking out the bottom of the car. Nice touch i thought.

scotty g

posted on 13/12/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
More, Fuel tank is in, he has re-used the pump from the donor bike and made the tank himself, i can vouch for the thickness as i'm using the off cuts for my shortened sump!!!
scotty g

posted on 13/12/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Last one, thats a golf radiator up front, donor bike guages, pedals are their but only brake pedal is connected so far. What you cannot see is that it also comes with GRP side panels, Scuttle and dash.
Neil has about 100 more pictures of this project so far and will be happy to show anyone more, you can e-mail him at
neil.blyth@gmail.com or you can call him on the number at the 1st post of this thread.
cheers

kev R1

posted on 13/12/07 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
any news mate?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.