Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GROUP BUY - MC
02GF74

posted on 20/12/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
GROUP BUY - MC

By sheer good fortune I have manage to find 3 Magna Cartas in the first floor photocopier room and am willing to let them go for £ 2,000 each, a mere fraction of the price of the one sold yesterday.

magna carta sold for $ 21.3 million

Despite the experts saying there are only 17 in existence, that clearly cannot be right as I have at least 3. If demand is high, I will take another look inside the Canon copier as I suspect there may be more hiding inside.

But hurry!! This is once in a lunchtime offer. If you miss out, then buy my book, "How to make a Magna Carta for £ 250 and read it" available in the shops from 15 Jan 2008.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/12/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
yeah I though it was daft also

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 20/12/07 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
The one sold wasn't even an original from 1215 - it was issued in 1297

I can't imagine someone wanting to own a replica instead of an original :

...actually, it wasissued by a king, so perhaps it is more like a Lotus 7 S4?

[Edited on 20.12.2007 by Humbug]

JAG

posted on 20/12/07 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
This was the age before photocopiers though.

Everytime they made a change to the wording everyone, including the King, had to resign several copies (each copy hand written) and each signed copy was then sent to the provincial towns & cities for use by the local 'Law enforcement' types - whatever they looked like in 1215-1297

So you could argue that it wasn't a copy but more like one of several originals.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

russbost

posted on 20/12/07 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Oh Well! That makes the price positively reasonable then! How many hospital wings is that? What a sensible society we live in

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scootz

posted on 20/12/07 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
A Del Amitri man Russ?
RK

posted on 21/12/07 at 12:59 AM Reply With Quote
Ok you buy this thing, which is admittedly rather important to your country's history. Then you worry about having this item in your possession, because if you lose it, burn it, get it wet, you would feel a bit "down" to say the least. This is why the only expensive painting I own is of Mick Green, which my wife commissioned for my birthday a couple of years ago. The guy did it from a pic. If you don't know who he is, you don't know your British rock and roll history!!
zilspeed

posted on 22/12/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
A Del Amitri man Russ?

Nothing ever happens.

Do I win a prize ?

P.S. It's played in G capo'd up one

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.