Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK GT1 - For Sale
Andy North

posted on 22/2/08 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
MK GT1 - For Sale

Time to move on, I am off to live in Africa for 3 years hence I am selling the GT1

See here>>> Link

No all bad news though I will be buying a track only car to take it's place for the few times I get back to Europe

Anyone interested drop me a line

Andy

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

donut

posted on 22/2/08 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Poo, just £6k short.

That is one spankingly good car! Good luck with the sale mate.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carpmart

posted on 22/2/08 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Looks pretty good value as well!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

2b_pablo

posted on 22/2/08 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
thats awesome mate, would love to have something like that in the garage!

-----------------

if it aint broke... pull it off and upgrade it!

speedyxjs

posted on 22/2/08 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Poo, just £6k short.

Im 9.5k short

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

ASH3

posted on 22/2/08 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
This car should belong to the club as in ME Who ever should become the new owner please contact the club.

andyps

posted on 26/2/08 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I can vouch that this is a really nice car - Andy took me for a short blast in it and it goes very well!!

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Triton

posted on 27/2/08 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
How did it go with sva with head lights that low....not having pop cos i love stuff like that...just wanted to know as didnt really want to conform with my daft creation if sneaky way round it.
I know there are ways to "cheat" with other stuff but thought sva bods bit tight on headlight heights etc?.

I remember a few years back watching a blue one at donnington....spinning coming onto start straight then bopped the armco..I was stood right in front of the meshy stuff and made I jump a tad...nobody hurt so had a smile to myself thinking...bet that bloke could do with a wash now.....Mr Ison i think but not sure?

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 27/2/08 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
ooooooo errrrrrr

Remember it well, burst oil line onto rear tyes and exhaust, bit of a fire, it did race on the Sunday though, 2 marshals emptied the contents of theire fire gear onto me and the car........

Andy North

posted on 27/2/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
It had a different front on which conformed with SVA requirements. It did not stay on as it had been damaged while taking the kit home.
Triton

posted on 27/2/08 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy North
It had a different front on which conformed with SVA requirements. It did not stay on as it had been damaged while taking the kit home.

Okey doke....

Triton

posted on 27/2/08 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
ooooooo errrrrrr

Remember it well, burst oil line onto rear tyes and exhaust, bit of a fire, it did race on the Sunday though, 2 marshals emptied the contents of theire fire gear onto me and the car........

so you got a wash then...

Andy North

posted on 3/3/08 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have a guy in Germany interested, how could the car be inported to Germany as a kit car?
Aico

posted on 4/3/08 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I know you need a TUV certificate. Every 2 years you have a TUV/MOT. To pass a car the car should be 100% stock. Every modification, even little ones, must be TUV approved. Which means a TUV certificate. Even something as small as a sideskirt or loweringsprings.

http://luotain.uku.fi/~laasanen/tuv_kamei.jpg

This is the only good example I could find on google. I've had one in my hands some time ago with Bilstein coil-overs and it's pretty detailed. Not only dimensions, but also all the digits on the products etc.

With a kitcar you don't have TUV approval since it's not a mass produced car with a licence/type approval. It's never been sold in Germany so no TUV. For import the entire car must be TUV approved by an engineer from TUV. This is not as simple as a SVA. The TUV guy basicly makes a TUV certificate for the car and you can see how detailed that is.

He is an engineer so it's not just no sharp edges, but what is it build from? Howmuch stress can the wishbones take? How strong is the design of the wishbones? Got any calculations and blueprints? Is it properly welded and mounted? For example if the rear wing is bolted to only the fibreglass then it's not secure enough.

Safety and properly made and mounted parts are key. You also need to prove it to him. He did not build it so he doesn't know how and with what the kitcar has been build with. I know getting a BEC on German plates is virtually impossible. Westfield here in Holland tried it, but the TUV guys only wanted to approve the XTR with the Audi engine. They don't find a bike engine build into a car to be safe enough. It hasn't scientifically been tested so they are a bit scared of it looking at responsibility. TUV approved and not good afterwards means TUV is responsible for any damage.

Even http://www.roadrazer.com/ tryed to TUV it, but don't seem to have succeeded. I called them maybe 1-2 years back and they were talking with the TUV to get it approved, but so far I don't see succes. Getting a BEC on German plates is possible, but the only one I saw was a Radical SR3. The best bet you have is to call Radical (probably Radical Germany) and ask them how they did it.

I might be able to help with the transport to a TUV centre so you can try and have it checked. I have no idea what the total costs would be to get it approved. The buyer should be able to phone TUV for the extra info.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.