Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stainless XFlow exhaust manifold and silencer
djtom

posted on 23/6/08 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Stainless XFlow exhaust manifold and silencer

Stainless Tiger Super Six exhaust manifold and silencer for an Xflow. Due to my engine upgrade this is no longer required.

Manifold and silencer 1
Manifold and silencer 1

In good nick, stainless pipes are heat discoloured but a bit of brillo pad brings them back to a good shine. Personally I like heat discoloration and don't have the patience to polish stuff, so I left them well alone!

Silencer is chrome - some surface rust from the jubilee clips used to hold the heatshield I was using shows up in the photos but this comes off very easily and it polishes up very nicely indeed. Made by Raego.

manifold and silencer 2
manifold and silencer 2

It's a 4-1 collector with 1.5" primaries and 2 1/2" secondary. Silencer exit is a 6" long 2" dia straight pipe as I was using a rear exit system, but this would be very easy to change for a curved side exit piece. I >think< it's a push-in fitment (it looks like it is), but seeing as it's not been moved for several years it may require more than a gentle tug to remove it as it appears to be reluctant at present!

manifold and silencer 3
manifold and silencer 3

Sounds nice - loud, but not too loud (passed the noise test at Brands last year).

£100. Collect it and I'll throw in a nice cup of tea, otherwise Royal Mail will relieve me (and hence you!) of an extra £20 to post it.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.