Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4 point Securon Harness (3 inch shoulders) sale or swap.
Jasper

posted on 19/1/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
4 point Securon Harness (3 inch shoulders) sale or swap.

I've got a pair of brand new FIA approved Securon 4 point harness in red, with aero type turn buckle, short length to fit '7's.

Problem is they have a clip fitting to eye bolts, and I cannot fit my seat in as they catch them (seat is on runner) as the eye bolts stick out over an inch.

What I need are seats belts with the flat bolt in ends so the seat will move with hitting it.

They are really nice quality with wide 3 inch shoulder straps and are red in colour, this is what they look like:

http://www.securon.co.uk/other/otherpics/motorsport_harness8.jpg

£150+ RRP

Ideally looking to swap with bolt in ones. May sell if not. Also have the SVA app eye bolts to.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 19/1/09 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have the 6 point Securon single seater harnesses which are bolt in. They look very similar to yours except the plates are bolt in and the adjustors for the side and crutch straps are on the bolt in plates. The crutch straps go up through buckle style guides on the side straps and then loop round the bottom of the shoulder straps, so they can simply be left off to make them 4 point.

They are causing me a problem because they are not clip to eyebolt type but are bolt in type. They are brand new not yet installed.

I note from the diagram in your post that the ones you have can be fitted with the crutch strap to make them six point. Are the crutch straps available separately? If so I may be interested in a swap. Mine are black 3" webbing.

[Edited on 19/1/09 by sucksqueezebangblow]

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Jasper

posted on 19/1/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yup - mine have the extra two holes for the crutch strap, so it would just be a case of getting the extra straps which I would think would be available - worth a check though....

Sounds good to me if you're up for a swap

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 20/1/09 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
The Securon site shows part no 695 as crutch strap only so it looks like I will be able to get a pair of crutch straps. I'm up for a swap! I've sent you a U2U.

Yours, Clive.

[Edited on 20/1/09 by sucksqueezebangblow]

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.